My toaster has just died.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12441
    >:D<
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Tesco do a nice range.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6195
    I've yet to find a reliable bloody toaster, they always seem to break just after the warranty expires..  :|
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15642
    I made the mistake of cleaning out our old toaster and it never worked right after that, then one day it just died.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6222
    tFB Trader
    Dualit, worth the money!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • equalsql said:
    I've yet to find a reliable bloody toaster, they always seem to break just after the warranty expires..  :|
    Then the trick is to buy a toaster that is priced at what you would consider to be good value for 12 month's use :)

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited October 2014

It's like losing a family friend, or an arm. £9 from the Index Catalogue shop in 1995, they don't make 'em like that any more.

I'm struggling with whether to bury, cremate, or recycle, but please don't send any flowers. Naturally, there'll be a wake.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11364
    My toaster blew up one day after arriving home from two months travelling through eastern Europe where the toast on offer was awful. It was like losing a limb.

On the other hand, it was a demonically possessed toaster. It would do almost nothing if you looked at it but turn your back for more than 15 seconds and you ended up with flat pieces of charcoal.

I now have a Russell Hobbs toaster, which so far is demon-free.
  • MazzaGMazzaG Frets: 82
    My grandmother still has her toaster from the 80s!

It's huge as well, you can fit 6 slices of bread in it - very handy since we are Greek Cypriot and our body composition is probably 30% bread.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I get all my kitchen and living room electrical equipment from the neighbours or customers.

I got a stainless four slice toaster about 8 months ago, as it was being thrown as it didn't match their new kitchen decor.  It matched my stainless kettle perfectly.  However the kettle died 7 months ago, luckily I got given another stainless one a few weeks later from someone else, again because it didn't match their new kitchen décor.

I've amassed 17 faulty DVD players, 23 32" CRT TV's, a designer plasma TV, that would have been around £10+k in the early 90's, a 1960's Voltmeter, a brand new £9k Thai silk, three piece suite, all new oak kitchen doors, 8 onyx alabaster light fittings, a 1950's leather briefcase, two nearly new washing machines, various hardwood doors, including my front door, top of the range stainless pots (A common one when people get an induction hob).....urm....and a beach matt.  Alas no 40" smart led HD TV's though.

You have to take the good with the bad, can't look a gift horse in the mouth and that.

.....in retrospect you're better off going down Argos or Tesco and getting something for a fiver.

I do have a delightful 1970's Teasmaid if you're interested?

:))
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30958
    thorpy6 said:
    Dualit, worth the money!

@thorpy6 Happy to make you one almost identical much cheaper, but without the horse on the case.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    If only we had a resident toaster expert
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6222
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    thorpy6 said:
    Dualit, worth the money!

@thorpy6 Happy to make you one almost identical much cheaper, but without the horse on the case.
    haha is dualit the klon of the toaster world then?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30958
    thorpy6 said:
    Gassage said:
    thorpy6 said:
    Dualit, worth the money!

haha is dualit the klon of the toaster world then?
    Yeah, pretty much!! I have one and it toasts quicker than an Olly Reed Temperance Society.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    It's definitely dead. I just got home and checked the fuse, which was OK. I am now declaring a period of 3 days national mourning. :(

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Fracking Toasters !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15996
    It's definitely dead. it never touched the bowl of 3 in 1 oil I left out for it. I am now declaring a period of 3 days national mourning. :(
    sorted
    tae be or not tae be
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    It's definitely dead. I just got home and checked the fuse, which was OK. I am now declaring a period of 3 days national mourning. :(
    Why, I had soup and toast for tea.
    :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Have a sandwich instead?
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    mrchi said:
    Have a sandwich instead?
    That's cold dood... cold.