Disaster strikes!

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Myranda said:
    mrchi said:
    Have a sandwich instead?
    That's cold dood... cold.
    Not if he put it through his Breville...........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Once the period of mourning is officially over, I shall be thinking 4-slice, long slot.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    Anyone else getting a slight whiff of deja vu here? 

@-)

After yesterday's fruitless search in the local Tesco Superstore, I went into Curry's. Same stuff, maybe a bigger selection, but more expensive.

But checking the slot depths (oooh, matron!) I'm suspicious that a slice of Warburton's Toastie will not in fact fit in the slots of most 4-slice long slot toasters. If you put them in on their side, they definitely won't fit, and upright, they'll stand clear of the elements, and the top bit won't get browned. There really should be some kind of British standard for this kind of thing, with the Warburton slice as the test piece.

Then I noticed that there's different wattages for toasters. Shit, it's getting ever more complicated! I need a toaster review site like Tripadvisor.

Toastadvisor?

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    You're the kind of guy that pulls down his pants and takes a dump at Bathstore when you are in the market for a new toilet aren't you.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Why not get one of those hotel buffet style toasters? The ones with a little conveyor belt where the bread comes out exactly as it went in except a little warmer.....until you decide to put it through twice and you get carbon. But at least you get to see it happening.
    edited October 2014
    It's a matter of storage space: The 4-slice, long-slot jobs fit nicely into my cupboard. The big, square 4-slice ones don't. :(

Sambostar said:
    You're the kind of guy that pulls down his pants and takes a dump at Bathstore when you are in the market for a new toilet aren't you.

Yes.

Sambostar said:

He doesn't need to be in the market for a toilet to do this.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

No, I simply need to be in the vicinty of a Bathstore, and in need of a crap.

edited October 2014
    Does it need to be a "Bathstore" or is a general plumbers merchant ok?

Bathstore appeals to me more as it is a bit more upmarket, but needs must.

Fuckin snob.

edited October 2014

Well, I've checked the ao.com site as you suggested. I can only imagine that the 4-slice, long-slot design is becoming obsolete, as they don't list any. This is annoying because I'll have to buy one of the big, bulky, square ones, and try to create some storage space for it.

They other thing is there's so many of them.  

:(

get Mrs C to blindfold you, then put a pin in the toaster page and get the one closest to the pin.

This may not work if it's an online catalogue.

• nonsense you jsut have to push the pin harder to get it to stick in
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Probably end up with a steam iron if the missus got involved. She can't see shit without her specs on!

The quest for the Hoy Grail is finally over. I have bought a brand new toaster. Russell Hobbs, 4-slice, just road-testing it now.

And next weeks thread "I wish I'd bought a different toaster, this one over/under toasts my bread"

Look, I know I threw the previous replacement one I bought in the bin and reverted back to the old faithful Hinari, but I'm convinced this is the one for me. For now.