The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7310
    So, are we expecting any surprises later today? Maybe an RP up to 3rd?
    As things stand, Vettel to be outqualified by Bernd Mayländer.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    So, are we expecting any surprises later today? Maybe an RP up to 3rd?

Hamilton out in front, Verstappen second with Bottas struggling in third ... 

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27894
    Good quali and particularly for Gasly and Russell. I'm enjoying how the drivers all seem dumbfounded by how quick the chicanes are and how much they enjoy driving it. Surely they'll look at rotating in some proper classic circuits after all this good stuff this year.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Good quali and particularly for Gasly and Russell. I'm enjoying how the drivers all seem dumbfounded by how quick the chicanes are and how much they enjoy driving it. Surely they'll look at rotating in some proper classic circuits after all this good stuff this year.

Agreed .. bet the race is boring as I can't see where people can overtake. It will be a train down the straight so everyone will have DRS. Ham will probably be cautious as he nears yet another championship so no mad lunges.

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    Was listening to a podcast the other day, they were saying how amazing it would be to have these tracks on the calendar again, but it comes down to money, and they don’t have it. 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.

• Anyone miss the days of really, hideously shit second drivers at lesser teams? I'll never forget someone like Taki Inoue, but someone like a Giovinazzi or Marcus Ericsson are good enough to not embarrass themselves, but never good enough to pull off shock result or earn a drive at a better team. 
    Like Pastor Maldonaldo or Ukyo Katayama?  Lots of broken carbon fibre
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5012
    Crashtor Maldonado 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5012
    Mind you, Verstappen has had his fair share of scrapes. 
  • prowla said:
    Crashtor Maldonado 
    Just going to drag this one out again, from the Sniff Petrol F1 Guide:

"Drivers that have crashed into Montreal's 'Wall of Champions' include Michael Schumacher, Damon Hill, Fernando Alonso and Pastor Maldonado, although Maldonado was competing in the Mexican Grand Prix at the time" :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I managed to miss the first 4 laps as I hadn't realised it was an hour earlier. 

Main thoughts:

"Lewis FFS"
    "Stroll LOL"
    "Gasly NOOOOO"
    "I'm really happy they didn't have enough practice as they're all eating their tyres"
  • Also: "My arse you can't overtake at Imola"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1981
    Hammy has had to sell his soul to the devil obvs.
  • Oh dear, that's not the way Russell wanted to celebrate being confirmed for 2021; Grosjean-esque!!!

:o
  • "Oh, George..." :(
  • Gutted for George Russell :/

Lance Stroll is turning into a liability :confounded: 

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Aaaand that's Alex getting a P45
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Aaaand that's Alex getting a P45
    Yeah, I'll be amazed if he keeps that seat for next year now

• That was a better race that I was expecting. The safety cars spiced things up but it was mainly happening on the track.  George must hand his head in shame and I wouldn't be surprised if the team don't make him do the walk of atonement.   Red Bull should be looking at Perez for next year.

• ColsCols Frets: 7310
    That was a better race that I was expecting. The safety cars spiced things up but it was mainly happening on the track.  George must hand his head in shame and I wouldn't be surprised if the team don't make him do the walk of atonement.   Red Bull should be looking at Perez for next year.
    It’s the kind of race which plays to Perez’s best talent; making tyres last longer than they have any right to last.

The unfortunate Albon is toast after this weekend.  I hope he just gets booted down to Alpha Tauri, he certainly deserves to stay in F1.

The second RB seat is basically down to Perez or Hulkenberg.  My money’s on Hulk; he’s much less aggressive with his team mates.
    Albon looks like he's out of F1 .. on today's performance RB may well go for Perez. He's been consistently in the mix all season.