The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27822
    Good news everyone!! The white lien is the edge of the track - no exceptions, no ambiguity. Thank fuck for that. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1347
    White lines?  Kerbs aren't part of the track?

Prepare for all of the excitement of qualifying laptimes being cancelled left right and centre, and warnings issued for circuit limits.  

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    Good news everyone!! The white lien is the edge of the track - no exceptions, no ambiguity. Thank fuck for that. 

The article further adds drivers “will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.”

So as long as 1 wheel is still on the track it’s ok.

Thats not really strict track limits!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

sinbaadi said:

White lines?  Kerbs aren't part of the track?

Prepare for all of the excitement of qualifying laptimes being cancelled left right and centre, and warnings issued for circuit limits.  
    Great!

If 15 guys break the rules there should be 15 guys getting penalties - remember one race last year where everyone fucked about so much in qualifying they basically threw their hands up and said "no penalties - everyone did it so who cares" except half the grid didn't do it, and Vettel got fucked over by it.

Just look at Monaco and Baku - they're all full capable of driving within the lines when they need to. Under Masi it was more like "you can go off at corners 4-8, 11 and 14 and I don't care, but 2 and 3 and 13 aren't allowed, except during the race - maybe - but only until I realise one car is doing it loads and people start copying them and I change my again mind mid-race". Just madness. 

The article further adds drivers “will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.”

I'm fine with that - a hairy moment on the kerbs is still fine as long as the car isn't fully off the track. Same as all other sane racing series...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    As long as the rules are applied across the board, then that's fine.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cig35Cig35 Frets: 63

Actually it is. That is how the track limits have been defined for a very long time in the regulations but the regulations have not been applied in practice. So there is a clear definition in the regulations and it will now be applied. Sounds fine to me.
  • Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
    I think after last year's "let's make it up as we go along" fiascos, it's good to see some clarity from the outset and hopefully will mean a level playing field. Might actually be the start of some sporting integrity coming back, rather than pure entertainment...
    Garold86 said:
    I think after last year's "let's make it up as we go along" fiascos, it's good to see some clarity from the outset and hopefully will mean a level playing field. Might actually be the start of some sporting integrity coming back, rather than pure entertainment...
    Exactly. It's not like in football you ever get a ref saying "The ball went out but only by a smidge and he was on a good run for goal, and his team is 2-0 down so keep going". 

FP1 is 15:00 local time (13:00 UK?) and I can't wait!! Though FP2 should be where we really start to get more of an idea of the pecking order, as that's at the same time as quali. 
  • Cig35Cig35 Frets: 63
    FP1 is at 12:00 UK time
    Cig35 said:
    FP1 is at 12:00 UK time
    Ah, i thought you’d already changed the clocks for summer!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891

NowTV Special Offer is up.

£20 per month for all sky sports for 9 months. Cancel anytime.

https://www.nowtv.com/watch-f1-online

As Day passes are now £12 that is a much better option.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Hamilton back with a bright fucking yellow helmet this year. Pretty much the only one that'll be obvious behind the halo. Great move :) 

I know it doesn't mean much yet but Alpine look quick in FP1.. 
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3216
    tFB Trader
    Well, the Merc looks fucking dreadfull.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• ColsCols Frets: 7301
    Yup.  Still looks like the world's fastest bouncy castle.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7767
    Not looking fantastic for Merc 
    Red ones are better. 
    Russel was still pretty quick, so we'll see, but it's likely between Max & both Ferraris for the win. At least with Bottas and the Haases looking quick it's going to be an interest first few races while the teams all get the hang of the new cars and try and push upgrades out quickly. 

I'd still back Merc to get the car on track (no pun intended) within 5 races and mount a strong challenge in the remaining 80% of the season. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7767
    The main news though is that I got through my first 2022 Horner interview without throwing anything at the TV, so there is that at least 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    The main news though is that I got through my first 2022 Horner interview without throwing anything at the TV, so there is that at least 
    I thought he was actually very measured in the face of some decent questions from Hill. He must've spent the winter practising!
    Ham and Russell currently 3rd and 1st in FP3 with 15 mins to go. Who knows about fuel and engines but they seem to be hardly porpoising compared to yesterday. Could Merc actually be in the mix?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Hooray F1 is back! I wonder who they will let win the Championship this year ...