Comments

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1567
    Yes! Take that Red Cow  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27753
    FORZA FERRARI. Grazie Ragazzi etc etc.  And Hamilton still gets a podium with Russell right behind him.

Absolutely fabulous race even if it'd finished 2 laps earlier. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7750
    TimmyO said:
    Commentators all race: “blah blah Red Bull Powertrains blah blah blah”

Red Bull Powertrains:
    CONK

CONK
    Apologies, I forgot Gasly:

CONK
    CONK
    CONK 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    Ross  Brawn did say Pre-Season that it would be a balancing  act with speed and reliability 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3215
    tFB Trader
    It was still an awful performance from Merc, on average 1sec slower than Ferrari on race pace. Without both the SC and RB failures they would have finished VERY far behind (40sec behind the leader before SC came out). You can't wash over that with a lucky podium, that's the undeniable truth.

CL looking like a WC already...a calm, stable drive, and aggressive when needed...just what F1 needs :)
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 367
    RiftAmps said:
    It was still an awful performance from Merc, on average 1sec slower than Ferrari on race pace. Without both the SC and RB failures they would have finished VERY far behind (40sec behind the leader before SC came out). You can't wash over that with a lucky podium, that's the undeniable truth.

CL looking like a WC already...a calm, stable drive, and aggressive when needed...just what F1 needs :)
    There’s that hate again. Not healthy that mate. You sound like Horner!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RiftAmps said:

Hard to argue. Merc will sort it and be quick, it's a question of when. 

CL is a more complete driver than Max imo - 95% of the aggression but twice as much common sense and calm under pressure. I can't wait to see him win more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7750
    RiftAmps said:

I don’t think anyone thinks anything other than that re Merc do they? 
    Red ones are better. 
    tFB Trader
    markr76 said:
    RiftAmps said:

There’s that hate again. Not healthy that mate. You sound like Horner!

I bash all shit-performing teams, not just Merc! Don't get me started on AM...Stroll Sr has gone full Claire Williams
    Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

It's McLaren I'm actually feeling most concerned for. Ricciardo must be looking at a last year before retirement, and I'm guessing Norris is going to be re-checking his contract's performance clauses...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    RiftAmps said:

But that was down to strategy - the hard tyre was the wrong choice and cost Mercedes loads of time. Merc is off the pace but they are not that slow - comfortably the third-fastest team behind Ferrari and Red Bull.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    tFB Trader
    Fretwired said:
    RiftAmps said:

But that was down to strategy - the hard tyre was the wrong choice and cost Mercedes loads of time.
    Yes, a shit strategy, a big team mistake, let's not forget that just because they scored a podium. We should be holding them to a higher standard, such as that of an 8-time world championship team, maybe?

It's McLaren I'm actually feeling most concerned for. Ricciardo must be looking at a last year before retirement, and I'm guessing Norris is going to be re-checking his contract's performance clauses...

Nah, Norris will hang on for a year or two before jumping ship if they don't manage to sort it. Why would he give up that pay massive pay cheque?

CL is a more complete driver than Max imo - 95% of the aggression but twice as much common sense and calm under pressure. I can't wait to see him win more.
    He doesn't have the raw pace of Max or Lewis, but arguably more rounded than both I think.

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24874

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oof Lando sounds pretty lost for words. 

@fretmeister even as a McLaren fan that was a proper hearty lol :)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24874
    Oof Lando sounds pretty lost for words. 

@fretmeister even as a McLaren fan that was a proper hearty lol :)
    I'd love them to do well too - but I had the same reaction!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
    Love to see horners face.
    We done Ferrari . Got out of Jail for Merc. Nice one for Haas who needs a Russian .   
    Merc have a lot of work to do , as does RB before next week. 
    I wonder if RB suffered from vibration with a chassis that is too stiff . 

I can see Norris at Mercedes with Russell. I think Hamilton has a couple of years left - he wants to win 8 F1 Championships then he'll quit IMHO.

Red Bull could have a major issue - it's not that easy to set up an engine manufacturing facility from scratch. And Max's expletive-ridden rants when the red mist descends won't help his driving style - the new tyres seem to need looking after, something Perez is very good at doing.

• euaneuan Frets: 1652
    Honda is still doing the manufacturing in Japan. 
    euan said:
    Honda is still doing the manufacturing in Japan. 

Honda is making the engine until the end of 2022 but RB is responsible for installation and the associated gubbins including the eco fuel bit.