The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7720
    Brio said:
    It's the black line you need to worry about. 
    Black Lines Matter 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Did anyone watch FP2? Did Norris outperform the car or is it 7th-worthy? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1332
    The show must go on!  Rocket attacks nearby aren't enough to stop the grand Prix going ahead, apparently.
    Reports are that at a meeting yesterday it was briefed to teams that if the race does not go ahead then it is expected that teams and personnel would be prevented from leaving the country.

Couple this with the whole “dismembering of awkward journalists” thing and it’s almost like this isn’t a sensible place to do business with. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27727
    To be fair (if that's the right word) the Houthis have been lobbing rockets at KSA for years, and we have 3 or 4 hit Abu Dhabi in the last 3 months as well. 

Not that I'm going to make a claim that they should be racing in Jeddah. But it's not actually a new thing.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
    edited March 2022
    TimmyO said:
    Reports are that at a meeting yesterday it was briefed to teams that if the race does not go ahead then it is expected that teams and personnel would be prevented from leaving the country.

Couple this with the whole “dismembering of awkward journalists” thing and it’s almost like this isn’t a sensible place to do business with. 
    Source @TimmyO ?
    To be fair (if that's the right word) the Houthis have been lobbing rockets at KSA for years, and we have 3 or 4 hit Abu Dhabi in the last 3 months as well. 

Not that I'm going to make a claim that they should be racing in Jeddah. But it's not actually a new thing.
    Preventing teams from leaving and forcing them to race would be new. I believe the term is “indentured servitude” (or slavery) 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:

Preventing teams from leaving and forcing them to race would be new. I believe the term is “indentured servitude” (or slavery) 
    Yeah, I don't believe that would actually happen, though I can understand why some might be suggesting it's a possibility. Much more likely you'd be allowed to leave but would be put on a visa blacklist and never allowed back. 

But of course F1 has the big Aramco deal in place, so it's clear where their priorities lie :( 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    This missile…..

Was it sporting a Russian flag, with “Up Yours, Steiner”, written on it?

TimmyO said:

Yeah, I don't believe that would actually happen, though I can understand why some might be suggesting it's a possibility. Much more likely you'd be allowed to leave but would be put on a visa blacklist and never allowed back. 

But of course F1 has the big Aramco deal in place, so it's clear where their priorities lie :( 
    2019 - WWE crew and participants were prevented from leaving while commercial disagreements were resolved. 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:

Source @TimmyO ?
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/drivers-consequences-of-not-racing-saudi-arabia/

“ BBC Sport reports that eventually the drivers were ‘convinced to go ahead and race after being given further information by bosses.

‘Part of this information involved the possible consequences of not racing, such as how easily teams and drivers would be able to leave the country if the race did not happen.’ “

Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:

2019 - WWE crew and participants were prevented from leaving while commercial disagreements were resolved. 
    Ah, I didn't know that. So basically the drivers are playing nice so they can go home and then you've gotta wonder if they'll collective agree not to go back
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:

Source @TimmyO ?
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/drivers-consequences-of-not-racing-saudi-arabia/

“ BBC Sport reports that eventually the drivers were ‘convinced to go ahead and race after being given further information by bosses.

‘Part of this information involved the possible consequences of not racing, such as how easily teams and drivers would be able to leave the country if the race did not happen.’ “

Cheers @TimmyO , couldn’t find it. What a mess
    What the fuuuuuuu 

Hamilton 
    Red ones are better. 
    Oh fuck schu still in the car… 
    Red ones are better. 
    He’s out now but no picture so far. I assume a leg injury as they said he had been on the radio. I really hope he’s ok
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    TimmyO said:
    Presumably the agreements were resolved controversially when someone picked up a metal chair located close by and took out the disputing party whilst the referee was distracted. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great to hear that Mick is okay. They mentioned that he's spoken to his mum; I can't stop thinking about how she must have been feeling :(
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2022
    I may be being slow and all the cars do this but in case not: did you see the front wing shot of the Ferrari? The upper part is able to split and flex at speed then returns to neutral in the corners and slow straights - when neutral there’s an angled ‘stop’ that means depending on how the static flex test is designed might mean it acts as fixed when loaded in the other direction. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5004
    edited March 2022
    Wow, that's a pretty poor performance from Lewis, fair play to George completely showed him up. Ocon looking good too.

Congrats to Sergio, that's a great performance to grab pole. Glad Mick is alreet.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...