The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6308
    ^ Didn't Toto say it was a rear suspension change they made on LH's car ... which didn't work?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5004
    goldtop said:
    ^ Didn't Toto say it was a rear suspension change they made on LH's car ... which didn't work?
    They mentioned going extreme on a setup that didn't work, sounds like Lewis was involved in those decisions so he has to take some responsibility.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• ColsCols Frets: 7286
    Hamilton just looked plain slow; not really able to attack the corners.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he treats himself to new engine bits and a setup change and starts from the pit lane.

Hats off to Perez for an excellent and well-deserved maiden pole.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Thank God Mick was OK, that was a huge shunt!

Perez - where did that come from? I felt sure LeClerc would be unassailable, but that was a demon lap. Max won’t be happy, and I reckon those Ferraris are gonna run away with it.

Hamster? Wow, that was a shock.

What a shit track, though. Reminds me of Singapore, which is equally as shit.

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    How do we bet?
    max to take out the other three with a lunge up the inside in the first corner?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Hamster to start from the car park?

poopot said:
    How do we bet?
    I’m sure Perez is under orders to clear out of Max’s way at the first available opportunity.  So he’s probably quite pleased about being insulated from that by the Ferraris.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12511
    Cols said:
    poopot said:
    How do we bet?
    I’m sure Perez is under orders to clear out of Max’s way at the first available opportunity.  So he’s probably quite pleased about being insulated from that by the Ferraris.
    Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Checko won with Max way down the order. That’d throw the cat among the pigeons. 
    boogieman said:
    Cols said:
    poopot said:
    How do we bet?
    Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Checko won with Max way down the order. That’d throw the cat among the pigeons. 
    Hell yeah!

Thank God Mick was OK, that was a huge shunt!

Perez - where did that come from? I felt sure LeClerc would be unassailable, but that was a demon lap. Max won’t be happy, and I reckon those Ferraris are gonna run away with it.

Hamster? Wow, that was a shock.

What a shit track, though. Reminds me of Singapore, which is equally as shit.
    Yeah it's not a great track at all, Perez was awesome, just hung it all together.

poopot said:
    How do we bet?
    Hopefully he'll try it and take out only Perez!

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27727
    I could see it finishing Leclerc Sainz Perez, but if Max is in 4th at that point you know RB will switch them round. 

What's worrying is RB said they focused on race pace...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    I don't think Hamilton is happy there at all - read the last line of this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60889883

edited March 2022
    It’ll be very difficult for RB to swop cars, with the speed those Ferraris have, I just can’t see it happening. My money’s still on a Ferrari 1, 2.

Someone remind me, what’s the overtaking like? Presumably as shite as the circuit?

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27727
    Nitefly said:
    I don't think Hamilton is happy there at all - read the last line of this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60889883

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the majority of drivers come out with a joint statement next week and refuse to go back.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    I see another Ferrari 1-2 tbh 
  • Cols said:
    poopot said:
    How do we bet?
    Surely they can't be enacting Team Orders at race 2, and with both drivers on nil point. That would be an absolute pisstake for any paying fans going to see a motor race. Later in the season if Max is miles ahead of Checo on points it's forgivable, but would be shite to do it now.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3215
    tFB Trader
    Mega circuit, looks stunning and the cars are monsters through the long sweeps. It's my favourite street circuit, right after Albert Park. Hope they continue to hold a race there for a very long time. I'd happily bin Monaco off and have two races at Jeddah.

sweepy said:
    I see another Ferrari 1-2 tbh 
    I'm going Charles, Max, Checo

Great to see George outqualifying the car again, what a talent!

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    poopot said:
    How do we bet?
    Surely they can't be enacting Team Orders at race 2, and with both drivers on nil point. That would be an absolute pisstake for any paying fans going to see a motor race. Later in the season if Max is miles ahead of Checo on points it's forgivable, but would be shite to do it now.
    Ferrari did it to poor old Barrichello at Austria in 2002.  Schumacher was already comfortably leading the championship with 4 wins out of the first 5 races, but the team felt it necessary to tell Rubens to virtually park the car at the side of the track so that Michael could swoop past for another win.

Jean Todt was genuinely mystified by the resulting furore.  “What is the problem?” he asked.  “We got pole position, a Ferrari 1-2 and our championship driver won the race.  This is a perfect weekend.”

Similar dynamic at Red Bull.  Max is their golden boy, the other driver is there to support his endeavours.
  • So I purposely timed my break at work to coincide with the GP start to watch it on my phone. 

Just logged on to find out it's 6pm start not 5pm due to the clocks going forward - what a tit!  =)