The F1 thread

What's Hot
1832833834835836838»

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5013
    edited July 1
    Well as the old saying goes, if you can't beat em....

Worked for Lewis at Silverstone anyway

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4265
    Boromedic said:
    Yeah, now he's actually facing serious racing, he reverts to type, as the other drivers and team principals have said, if he had been punished properly in 21 when they contrived the WDC he wouldn't be doing it now. Hence his fake surprise, he should've been penalised when he first shoved him off instead of waiting for the inevitable crash. 
    Thing is it’s clearly been 1 rule for Max and 1 rule for everyone else pretty much since the day he joined the sport. 

His fans consistently reach back to Silverstone 21 for literally the one time the other guy didn’t yield and Max suffered real consequences. But they fail to remember the countless times he’s punted others off and got zero or meaningless penalties. 

Pretty much all the other drivers (ok maybe not Ocon..) manage to race hard at every opportunity without repeatedly getting shoved off, but every time it involves Max against an equally-matched car its fisticuffs. 

I was starting to respect Max a little this year, but after this weekend it’s clear he hasn’t changed. I hope Lando beats him more and more and he ends up fucking off to nascar or some shit where bumping is part of the sport 

Lots of talk about Brazil '21 since yesterday. I remember someone saying at the time "Lewis has overtaken literally every other driver in the field this weekend, and only one of them has run him off the road".

I was starting to respect him a little bit too, but that vanished yesterday. I'm still too annoyed to be really objective about it, tbh.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• steersteer Frets: 1220
    edited July 1
    sinbaadi said:
    Typical Max, honestly.  Toys would be right out the pram were it the other way round.  

The hypocrisy is what really grates.

Let's see what his friendship with Lando is worth.  Lando seemed genuinely disappointed in him.  I get where he's coming from, it's not about the points, the team, the money.  It's about the racing, and you can't race someone who does that shit.
    I get that they might be mates off the track, but this was always going to happen on the track. Frankly I am surprised that it has taken this long. Lando should not be surprised. We might love his child like ways, but this might be a call to be a bit more wary of your "mate". 

RB are still telling their man that he has done nothing wrong, so he is surrounded by yes men, and seemingly has learnt absolutely nothing from his past. Verstappen basically just threw a certain win away at his teams home track because Norris was going to get a 5 second penalty anyway.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5916
    Max is very good with games but has no understanding of sport. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7770
    Until his attitude moderates I shall hereinafter refer to him as Min. 
    Red ones are better. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1664
    Andrea Stella was absolute brilliant post race with his commentary. Clinical in his point making and made sure he played the ball not the man. A stark comparison with Horner who as well as Verstappen also returned to type and blamed Norris. 

If the on track interactions continue no double Horner will try the same as he did with Wolfe, but I don’t think Stella is the kind of person to take the bait. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27845
    euan said:
    Andrea Stella was absolute brilliant post race with his commentary. Clinical in his point making and made sure he played the ball not the man. A stark comparison with Horner who as well as Verstappen also returned to type and blamed Norris. 

If the on track interactions continue no double Horner will try the same as he did with Wolfe, but I don’t think Stella is the kind of person to take the bait. 
    Honestly Stella has been incredible since he stepped into the TP role. Zak has to get a huge amount of credit for building the team back towards the sharp end in a way almost no other team has ever managed, and while I'm sure Seidl put a lot of good stuff in place it's the last 2 years that have really shone as they took quite literally a backmarker car and have since had a shitload of podiums and a couple of wins. 

AND he's from Orvieto, which is one of my favourite places in the world :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires