The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24846
    Drivers and the top 3 paid employees are outside the cap IIRC.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

As for putting a design on reddit, that would be marvelous. And if he posted it on 1 Jan 2025 you can bet at least 7 teams would show up in Jan 2026 with a variation of that design.
    The FIA would go nuts with the "must substantially design your own car" requirement in the rules.
    But as soon as it was online for free it would have to be considered common knowledge.

They couldn't sue Newey as being retired he owes them nothing and would not be caught by the rules, and they couldn't take action against the teams without writing off a season or 2.

If we assume that pretty much all the teams now have adequate construction ability, it would probably be the teams at the back who did the best with it as they have the largest Wind Tunnel allocation!

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5003
    euan said:
    The only link between Aston Martin the road car company and Aston Martin the F1 team is Stroll. 

The cost of Newey will be exempt as one of the three highest paid employees/contractors
    Ahhh, forgot about that, well I suppose it's anyone's chance to grab him then. Of course then Newey can write a blank cheque but doesn't need the cash. It all helps though. 

Newey is now the Man With No Name, playing them all :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7714
    Whoa - fantastic Q3! 

Bloody well earned pole there - and that was with Verstappen getting a synchronised-tow on his last run. 

Front row cars look well matched, and same for 3-6. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

IMG_7628.jpeg 167.6K
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27707
    Great Q3 and a deserved pole from Lando. Max looks quicker on race pace but hopefully Lando and the 2 Mercs can give him some fight
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • euaneuan Frets: 1632
    Who would have thought that publicly diminishing the influence and alienating your star designer from the development of your 2024 car would result in your dominance rapidly decreasing. 
    Proper actual LOL 
    Red ones are better. 
    Thank you.
    I stole it myself. 

• markr76markr76 Frets: 367
    euan said:
    Who would have thought that publicly diminishing the influence and alienating your star designer from the development of your 2024 car would result in your dominance rapidly decreasing. 
    I’m sure it’s purely coincidental. Redbull have a strong aero team full stop and it would be unfair to say it was all down to AN. 
    I think it’s more that the other teams are starting to close in on them. I’m sure Redbull are starting to suffer the law of diminishing returns. Plus there’s talk that their last update has unsettled the car’s handling a bit. Although Horner has said that’s not the cause. If you can believe anything he says. 
    You have to remember that McLaren have taken one of Redbull’s top technical guys. They have improved massively since he started there. Rob Marshall I think it is if I recall 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1632
    markr76 said:
    euan said:
    I’m sure it’s purely coincidental. Redbull have a strong aero team full stop and it would be unfair to say it was all down to AN. 
    I think it’s more that the other teams are starting to close in on them. I’m sure Redbull are starting to suffer the law of diminishing returns. Plus there’s talk that their last update has unsettled the car’s handling a bit. Although Horner has said that’s not the cause. If you can believe anything he says. 
    You have to remember that McLaren have taken one of Redbull’s top technical guys. They have improved massively since he started there. Rob Marshall I think it is if I recall 
    Funny you mention Rob Marshall, when he first signed for McLaren, Horner diminished his influence on the F1 car under current regulations. This sidelining is the exact reason why he went to McLaren, he wanted a forefront role in F1 engineering 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14758
    tFB Trader
    So tell me - Has McClaren and Norris closed the gap with improvements - Or has Max and Red Bull dipped a touch - Or even a bit of both 
    So tell me - Has McClaren and Norris closed the gap with improvements - Or has Max and Red Bull dipped a touch - Or even a bit of both 
    Pretty sure it’s just McLaren getting with it and making their car faster. I don’t believe Max has dropped for a second 
    Anyway…. GEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOORGE RUSSELL!!!!!!
    Lap 3. Ah beans 
  • PennPenn Frets: 668
    Yeah that was my reaction to. Then it was no George! 
  • Good race that by Barcelona standards. Some good hard but fair wheel to wheel racing from some notch drivers. Really pleased to see Lewis back on the podium.
    Ended a damp squib at the front but otherwise wasn’t bad. 

A late safety car would’ve been fun though :D 
    I liked the fact that RB had to turn the power back up and push. 

Lando on for 2nd this year? He doesn’t have much luck in opening laps though. 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    I liked the fact that RB had to turn the power back up and push. 

Lando on for 2nd this year? He doesn’t have much luck in opening laps though. 
    Yep. Starts and faultless first laps is the last thing he really needs to pick up to be consistently in the hunt for a win. 

Pretty sure it’s just McLaren getting with it and making their car faster. I don’t believe Max has dropped for a second 
    Just to add here I think Perez the last few races demonstrates it's definitely not Max going slower but the rest of the field closing up. Checo is a similar gap behind Max as ever before, the difference is there are now more like 6-8 cars in that gap while in the past there was usually only 1 or 2