The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Bugger me, that was superb, edge of my seat! Where did Max pull that one from?

Unless someone gets the drop on him at the start of the race………
    Alonso is usually excellent at gaining places at the start. Though to be fair that's considering recent history where he's been starting in the midfield.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Bugger me, that was superb, edge of my seat! Where did Max pull that one from?

Unless someone gets the drop on him at the start of the race………
    Alonso is usually excellent at gaining places at the start. Though to be fair that's considering recent history where he's been starting in the midfield.

And Max’s starts haven’t exactly been stellar, have they? Any chink in the armour, and 
    Fred will capitalise on it!

What's really incredible about that lap is that on any other day we'd be hailing Alonso and Ocon's laps as among the very best ever as well. Genuinely incredible. So I'm guessing zero overtakes today then to make up for it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4264
    Well, that’s the only qualifying that I actually turned off, the current cars really aren’t suited for Monaco. which has become increasingly redundant and should be dropped. The F2 race was dire with the atmosphere of a rainy day in Weston Super Mate  but the F3 was spot on as the cars can go 3 abreast and actually dice for position  . I’m recording the race as I’m out today but I probably won’t bother watching it. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5201
    edited May 2023
    What's really incredible about that lap is that on any other day we'd be hailing Alonso and Ocon's laps as among the very best ever as well. Genuinely incredible. So I'm guessing zero overtakes today then to make up for it!
    That's very true TBF, I thought it was game over when they got ahead of him, although he was near Lewis on time so I figured he had more in him. He pushed that right to the limit for pole, fair play to him, amazing lap. Great quali tbh which is my fave part of Monaco. Here's hoping he hasn't fucked his gearbox or drivetrain. 

I've never doubted his talent which was clear to see from his first season. I have however never liked him as previously discussed, it's a shame tbh as I can't think of any previous champions I actually don't (however begrudgingly) like. Which says something

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1490
    Boromedic said:

I can't think of any previous champions I actually don't (however begrudgingly) like. Which says something
    Piquet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2023
    Dodge said:
    Boromedic said:

I can't think of any previous champions I actually don't (however begrudgingly) like. Which says something
    Piquet?
    That makes two  in good company dating his granddaughter isn't he.

• CryptidCryptid Frets: 416
    sweepy said:
    Well, that’s the only qualifying that I actually turned off
    That's a shame, because I found it a superbly entertaining quali session. All the best excitement is at the end don't ya know ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6516
    That was more excitement than I'm expecting for today. Highlights later...
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4405
    That is genuinely awesome. There are a few corners where it really doesn’t look like the car is going to fit… imagine doing that 60-odd times in a row, with 19 other cars around you. 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That is genuinely awesome. There are a few corners where it really doesn’t look like the car is going to fit… imagine doing that 60-odd times in a row, with 19 other cars around you. 
    I don't know why the F1 TV people don't use these sorts of techniques for the helmet-cam stuff. It's miles better and doesn't lose the drama in the way the regular onboards do when stabilised too much

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Il pleut!! 
    I quite enjoyed that in the end. A shame for Fernando but you can’t fault Max for this one. Absolute masterclass and horrible conditions 
    Twas dull as ever but the march continues..... Was hoping for a safety car or a smash into the barrier to slow it all down but TBF, all drivers did well considering. Here's to another snorefest at Barca next time around, can't they switch that for Imola instead :)

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    More enjoyable than I thought it was going to be. Surprised (and disappointed) Alonso didn’t make the first corner in the lead.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Thrilling quali, exciting race, people moaning about it being boring. Standard. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495

I'll be watching the qualy as that is great, but I'll probably watch the Barbarians rugby game on Sunday instead as it clashes.

Me voluntarily missing a race is also the best way to make it an awesome race, the most exciting of the last decade! You're welcome! :D 
    You’re all welcome.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I'll be watching the qualy as that is great, but I'll probably watch the Barbarians rugby game on Sunday instead as it clashes.

Me voluntarily missing a race is also the best way to make it an awesome race, the most exciting of the last decade! You're welcome! :D 
    You’re all welcome.
    But it wasn't very exciting though? ;)

• markr76markr76 Frets: 410
    It’s funny as they had the Brawn GP back at work a few weeks back. It was amazing to see how small it was compared to the new cars. I guess as I see the cars say in day out, you don’t really realise how much bigger they’ve got. Just like my own waistline!!! 

It I think Monaco shouldn’t be on the calendar anymore. Traditionally it was only kept as that’s where a lot of deals and business are sorted. But I’m not sure that’s the case anymore. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom