Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Only offensive if you don't believe in disciplining your children

What's Hot
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don't think they should be doing this, tables should be given more respect. A purpose-built child-cage or cupboard would be more appropriate. Maybe combine with the smoking shelter?
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a witty way of saying "For God's sake CONTROL YOUR CHILDREN!" and as such perfectly acceptable in my opinion, especially in the context of a pub environment.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10417
    Nothing wrong with that although I prefer to keep my kids on a dog lead when in a pub.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    It's a witty way of saying "For God's sake CONTROL YOUR CHILDREN!" and as such perfectly acceptable in my opinion, especially in the context of a pub environment.

Agreed.

I've got two young kids and I don't find that offensive at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Some people are just thick as pig shit....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    That's been reported all over the net with people calling for the pub to be prosecuted for promoting child abuse .. some people have no sense of humour. I rarely go to any of our local pubs due to disruptive kids .. middle class parents are the worst as little 'Charlie' can do no wrong in their eyes. Miliband would get my vote by taxing the arse out of middle class parents so they couldn't afford to take their kids to the pub.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 780
    7 billion and counting, do we need anymore?
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • Fretwired said:
    That's been reported all over the net with people calling for the pub to be prosecuted for promoting child abuse .. some people have no sense of humour. I rarely go to any of our local pubs due to disruptive kids .. middle class parents are the worst as little 'Charlie' can do no wrong in their eyes. Miliband would get my vote by taxing the arse out of middle class parents so they couldn't afford to take their kids to the pub.
    Some of us middle class parents go to the pub to get away from our kids.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I used to work in a Pub, they wanted kids desparately, tried adopting some of the kitchin staff... they were bitter.

All I see in that "comical" pub sign is bitterness - it's surprising how many people mistake that for wit these days..

Not offended, just bored of the whole PC-Gone-Mad-Conspiracy-schtick... actually I'll-tell-you-what here are some pub signs I do find funny....

I think it must be something to do with drinking too much that makes all the signs corny at best and downright shit most of the time.

maybe it's just jokes on chalkboard signs that are shit.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    GuyBoden said:
    Not really. Unless by "need" you mean "require for the continued survival of the human race".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

frankus said:

That is rape culture!!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Fretwired said:
    Some of us middle class parents go to the pub to get away from our kids.
    You'd be exempt .... in anycase Labour and the Lib Dems are going to tax the arse out of the middle classes anyway .... and pubs and beer. No doubt they'll be a tax on enjoying yourself next ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!

GuyBoden said:
    Not really. Unless by "need" you mean "require for the continued survival of the human race".
    Restricted population growth will be necessary eventually.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The best sign I've seen outside a pub was in Maidenhead in the late 1990s. It was hot summer and a hosepipe ban had been put in place. The sign read:

"Due to the water shortage all beer will be sold at full strength"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    GuyBoden said:

GuyBoden said:
    Citation?
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    GuyBoden said:

GuyBoden said:

"We don't need any more children" is a little on the extreme side of restricted population growth.

Anyway, population growth fuddists are mostly working from oversimplified models and not real data. The rate of growth is shrinking. There will probably never be more than 10 billion humans on earth. You can stop worrying yourself now. 

GuyBoden said:

GuyBoden said:

"We don't need any more children" is a little on the extreme side of restricted population growth.

Anyway, population growth fuddists are mostly working from oversimplified models and not real data. The rate of growth is shrinking. There will probably never be more than 10 billion humans on earth. You can stop worrying yourself now. 

“The world population has risen from two to seven billion in the last 85 years.” United States Census Bureau

"The mid-range global projection is that the planet’s population will increase from seven billion to nine billion by 2050. Broader estimates range from eight to 11 billion" United Nations

If you want to be informed:
    http://populationmatters.org/
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    frankus said:
    I used to work in a Pub, they wanted kids desparately, tried adopting some of the kitchin staff... they were bitter.

All I see in that "comical" pub sign is bitterness - it's surprising how many people mistake that for wit these days..

Not offended, just bored of the whole PC-Gone-Mad-Conspiracy-schtick... actually I'll-tell-you-what here are some pub signs I do find funny....

I think it must be something to do with drinking too much that makes all the signs corny at best and downright shit most of the time.

maybe it's just jokes on chalkboard signs that are shit.

I lol'd at both of them. Oh dear.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't like the tone of the sign, or the insinuation in the thread title that the only way to discipline your children is physically.
    My V key is broken
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    They were the best I could find, the others seriously sucked ass.

A wise man once said to me "If you are selling something, make sure every sentence you say couldn't easily be ended with the words 'you prat'"

I learned much from that: I never sell stuff and where possible I add the words "you prat" to the end of a sentence, so that it'd sound strange adding another "you prat" at the end.

My point is, few people take their kids to pubs... apart from meals and in chain pubs the landlords don't make a lot from that... so they're better off filling their pub full of hard drinking cynical types and filling it full of paraphinalia to endorse their lifestyle choice.

Heaven forfend you should alert these people to their consumerism or the hollow predictability of it - no, these people are alive, creative, spirited, full of mirth and glee - unless they're next to a kid who's happily running about and playing loudly, then they're miserable fuckers - so they do their utmost to avoid the awkwardness of that ;)

So yeah that sign... whatever it's motivation and whatever the response it's about as funny as a cold sore and a packet of salt and vinegar (just to show I'm down with the drinking culture ;^)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?