Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

XL Bully Dogs.........

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    https://www.muscletonebullys.uk/

Look at the gallery. Every single one of those dogs has got cropped ears which is illegal. How come they're allowed to stay in business?
    They're breeding genetic freaks while claiming they make wonderful family pets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12539
    It shouldn't be complicated, right? If I have a dog, whether is 20cm tall or 2m tall, and it attacks someone, I should be prosecuted for the actions of the dog.

So if it is a little spaniel and bites an ankle, drawing blood, it's assault or something. A dog that disables someone or leaves scars, gbh. If someone dies as a result of the dog, it's manslaughter. 

Does it need to consider the breed? What am I missing? 
    That’s like saying I should be able to walk down the high street with two uzis and if I don’t pull the triggers everything’s okay. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16273
    Offset said:
    Cranky said:
    And there’s always pepper spray.  
    That is a VERY good point.
    I only learnt yesterday ,as my daughter was finalising her Uni moving in list ,that carrying Pepper spray/mace carries the same penalty in UK as carrying a gun 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:

Look at the gallery. Every single one of those dogs has got cropped ears which is illegal. How come they're allowed to stay in business?
    I've just visited that charming website .........which answers all the debate here 
    the only dilemma is who to euthanise first........the dogs or the owners 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2631
    Dominic said:
    Offset said:
    Cranky said:
    I only learnt yesterday ,as my daughter was finalising her Uni moving in list ,that carrying Pepper spray/mace carries the same penalty in UK as carrying a gun 
    That is wild.

I don’t see why anyone would bat an eye at banning specific dog breeds if you all are so keen on banning something like pepper spray.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes we're funny like that.......Mace has always been highly illegal ........because we're British
    If one's person is presumed upon by a gang of some opportuning malintents coutured in a garment known to the unwashed masses as a 'Hoodie ' .....and if such unsavoury Rum type fellows demand money or threaten physical violence and/or wield knives we simply give them a jolly stout Biff on the nose !
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12496
    Dominic said:
    Sassafras said:

I've just visited that charming website .........which answers all the debate here 
    That really is Retard Central.  Fucking knuckle-dragging bottom feeders.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    Dominic said:
    Sassafras said:

That really is Retard Central.  Fucking knuckle-dragging bottom feeders.

I wouldn't have said they were that good.......................................
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29116
    Dominic said:
    Yes we're funny like that.......Mace has always been highly illegal ........because we're British
    If one's person is presumed upon by a gang of some opportuning malintents coutured in a garment known to the unwashed masses as a 'Hoodie ' .....and if such unsavoury Rum type fellows demand money or threaten physical violence and/or wield knives we simply give them a jolly stout Biff on the nose !
    The idea is to make it harder fir the muggers to get the stuff. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2631
    edited September 2023
    Sporky said:
    Dominic said:
    The idea is to make it harder fir the muggers to get the stuff. 
    I was going to guess that such a law was drafted by MP Rapey McRaperton.

Of South London.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19346
    Dominic said:
    I haven't had any problems getting hold of Mace, but I usually prefer the stronger bite of Nutmeg.
    I do like Nutmeg on Junket
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Oh come on guys, let's stop going on about fighting enormous vicious dogs with combat knives, complex wrestling moves, keys, pointed sticks etc. It's beginning to sound like the macho bullshit mentality of the people who own these fucking monsters.

The truth is we would all be terrified and ripped to pieces in seconds, or at best horribly mutilated and maimed for life.  In that situation none of us would have the presence of mind to fight back even if we could.
    Mega-wis.

Three words, ironically recalling the thread where a lot of people were calling the police "doggie murderers" earlier this year.

Armed.  Response.  Unit.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    You are right about shooting them but that particular case was a bit different
  • Dominic said:
    Sassafras said:

Just clicked that - horrific - and that's just the spelling and grammar.

The content I have no words for,  seriously what the fuck is wrong with people?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    edited September 2023
    For some reason I can't get this link to work here. Why is linking stuff so hard here sometimes?

There's a YouTube video of a breeder calling into Iain Dale's show and he basically says he breeds Bullies to sell to drug dealers.

Go on YouTube and search for Iain Dale Dogs. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16938
    Sassafras said:

Just shown my wife.  She was very angry.

She saw the medical conditions they will have, which is something that pays her wages, but she would rather not see.

She also knows the owners of these dogs will be the ones most likely to be a)uninsured and b) argue directly with the vet practice for the cost of treating their dogs well documented genetic health conditions.

There is not one on that page that won't need surgery on its joints at some point, if it survives long enough.  They are breeding animals that cannot survive naturally.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3263
    edited September 2023
    Dominic said:
    Offset said:
    Cranky said:

A small bottle of cheap perfume works just as well - what it lacks in range from not being in a pressurized atomizer it more than makes up for in punch, or cheap deodorant and it has to be the cheap stuff as you want as much aluminium oxide in it as possible so not the vegen tear free stuff - same range not as good punch, is a much much better alternative to either mace or CS gas for women in the UK to carry, it's perfectly legal, and in fact practically expected that a women would carry them in her handbag/back pack.
    Cranky said:
    Dominic said:
    Offset said:
    Cranky said:
    That is wild.

I don’t see why anyone would bat an eye at banning specific dog breeds if you all are so keen on banning something like pepper spray.

Try being sprayed by either mace or CS gas - pepper spray, you and everybody within 3-6 feet of you will understand why, it's extremely common for the police officer who is macing or CS gassing you - they're different but have very similar effects, to gas themselves at the same time, even their partners, and require medical attention
  • On the pepper spray idea, I've read that it isn't actually that effective once the dog has started the attack or is chomping down on your leg. Again, who's going to have time to get in their back, pull out the spray and use it all before it gets to you.

FYI there is a video of the poor guy who was attacked and died the other day. I've not watched it for obvious reasons but from the comments he was trying to protect his elderly mother who he was out for a walk with. There were a couple of older gentlemen with a stick and a wheelie bin attempting to help but couldn't do much.
  • On the pepper spray idea, I've read that it isn't actually that effective once the dog has started the attack or is chomping down on your leg. Again, who's going to have time to get in their back, pull out the spray and use it all before it gets to you.

FYI there is a video of the poor guy who was attacked and died the other day. I've not watched it for obvious reasons but from the comments he was trying to protect his elderly mother who he was out for a walk with. There were a couple of older gentlemen with a stick and a wheelie bin attempting to help but couldn't do much.

If you're very very lucky you may just have enough time and warning to brace for impact and to try and deflect - push the dog away.  And that's making a lot of assumptions and betting on having the state of mind to not panic and inadvertently make yourself more vulnerable.  And this isn't just with the XL Bully, it's the same for any medium to large dog, German shepherd, lab, retriever, staffie, rottie, doberman, husky, collie......