Line 6 HX One

What's Hot
1101112131416»

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 572
    Fez said:
    Lewy said:
    When using it the HX One for Wah with an expression pedal, do you have to activate the footswitch and then switch your foot over to your expression pedal or can you have it always on and use the position of the expression pedal to activate the effect (e.g. below 5% it's off) like you can on the HX Stomp? I like the idea of using the HX One for wah but I can't abide having to switch a wah on separately before using it (other than with a toe switch, bit that would rely on the HX One allowing you to use an external footswitch of turning FX on and off....does it?)

If you can do that I haven't found out how yet - anybody know?
    Mission Engineering make an expression pedal with a toe switch that can be programmed to turn that effect on and off. They say it works with the HX Stomp which only has a single TRS expression input (one for the expression pedal, the other for the switch), so it should work with the HX One too. Not cheap though.

https://missionengineering.com/shop/sp1-l6h/

BOSS EV1WL can be programmed to do the same job, only by sending a MIDI CC command.

https://www.boss.info/global/products/ev-1-wl/

Also not cheap, but potentially more flexible.

Both would require some programming to set up.
    Both look like great units, a bit beyond budget at the moment but may consider for the future.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4498
    Fez said:
    Lewy said:
    When using it the HX One for Wah with an expression pedal, do you have to activate the footswitch and then switch your foot over to your expression pedal or can you have it always on and use the position of the expression pedal to activate the effect (e.g. below 5% it's off) like you can on the HX Stomp? I like the idea of using the HX One for wah but I can't abide having to switch a wah on separately before using it (other than with a toe switch, bit that would rely on the HX One allowing you to use an external footswitch of turning FX on and off....does it?)

Mission Engineering make an expression pedal with a toe switch that can be programmed to turn that effect on and off. They say it works with the HX Stomp which only has a single TRS expression input (one for the expression pedal, the other for the switch), so it should work with the HX One too. Not cheap though.

BOSS EV1WL can be programmed to do the same job, only by sending a MIDI CC command.

See I think this is where the Stomp and the One are different. You can use an external footswitch to turn effects on and off on the stomp. It appears you can't do that on the One....the only switch that can turn FX on and off is the one on the unit. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5314
    Lewy said:
    Fez said:
    Lewy said:

See I think this is where the Stomp and the One are different. You can use an external footswitch to turn effects on and off on the stomp. It appears you can't do that on the One....the only switch that can turn FX on and off is the one on the unit. 
    You're right. The manual suggests that you have a fairly limited number of options for the external footswitches. Flux is one of them though- you might be able to bodge something with that...

If not then the Mission Engineering pedal is out, but the Boss *should* work because it would be using MIDI CC rather than the functions assignable to the external footswitches.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Lewy said:
    Fez said:
    Lewy said:

You're right. The manual suggests that you have a fairly limited number of options for the external footswitches. Flux is one of them though- you might be able to bodge something with that...

If not then the Mission Engineering pedal is out, but the Boss *should* work because it would be using MIDI CC rather than the functions assignable to the external footswitches.
    I don’t think you can assign bypassing the pedal to a midi command though. This is a bit of a miss.
    Lewy said:
    Lewy said:
    Fez said:
    Lewy said:

I don’t think you can assign bypassing the pedal to a midi command though. This is a bit of a miss.
    The manual says you can...

Lewy said:
    Lewy said:
    Fez said:
    Lewy said:

Ah that's good. Right old faff though!
    Lewy said:
    Ah that's good. Right old faff though!
    In my experience MIDI is generally a bit of a faff to set up, but once it's done it works.

I had an analogue expression pedal hooked up to my M5 and it would regularly drift out of calibration. Not a big deal if you want slow and fast Leslie, or a mild chorus and a wide, wobbly one, but if you want a whammy pedal that goes up 12 semitones and you only get 11.7 semitones it's a real problem.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    How doable is this:

use HX One mostly to just do 2 different things (1 at a time) but be able to switch easily and quickly between them

1. Delay with tap tempo
    2. Rotary with fast/slow toggle

Red ones are better. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    TimmyO said:
    How doable is this:

use HX One mostly to just do 2 different things (1 at a time) but be able to switch easily and quickly between them

1. Delay with tap tempo
    2. Rotary with fast/slow toggle

Should be easy to do.  Will take a few taps.  You would use flux for the rotary speed change.  Hold both footswitches to enter preset mode, either to select the next preset ( as you would only have 2 so up or down would get you to the same place).  Press both again to enter the delay preset, then long press the flux/tap to get to tap mode.  I’m not sure the tap/flux state can be saved as a preset.

I’m not a massive fan of the rotary effects, although one of the legacy one’s is pretty good, but I doesn’t ramp like the HX ones, so would just toggle instantly between speeds.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • satg64satg64 Frets: 14
    Hi bit late to the party can it do a dual delay , multi tap type of  thing with the option to choose two different sub divisions of the beat controlled by the tap tempo? Thanks 
    satg64 said:
    Hi bit late to the party can it do a dual delay , multi tap type of  thing with the option to choose two different sub divisions of the beat controlled by the tap tempo? Thanks 

Yes. The Dual Delay mode will let you do that.

• abw1989abw1989 Frets: 657
    One more time but asked a slightly different way. No where / no one seems to be able to give a yes or no answer.

If I were to change from a chorus to a reverb, or an overdrive to a pitch effect, would the pedal mute the signal or is the change seamless?