Foods you absolutely hate

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15643
    edited October 2014
    HAL9000 said:
    Bod said:
    Cucumber.  It's the taste and the smell.  Everybody says it doesn't taste of anything, but it bloody does.

^ This. About the only food i really don't like. Cucumber is the work of the devil and probably also the spawn of Lucifer. Also, isn't it one of those foodstuffs that contains so little goodness that you use more energy eating it than you get from it? A sort of negative food. No point to it whatsoever.
    pretty good source of vit C and fibre. You don't just eat food for calories.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I always force my veggies down if they're bad quality or cooked wrong, for the nutritional goodness.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23203
    My main hates are tomato ketchup and butter.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27290
    HAL9000 said:
    Bod said:
    Cucumber.  It's the taste and the smell.  Everybody says it doesn't taste of anything, but it bloody does.

^ This. About the only food i really don't like. Cucumber is the work of the devil and probably also the spawn of Lucifer. Also, isn't it one of those foodstuffs that contains so little goodness that you use more energy eating it than you get from it? A sort of negative food. No point to it whatsoever.
    Definitely this. It's hugely bitter and kinda slimy. Apparently sprouts contain something bitter that lots of people can't taste, and those who can taste it don't like them. I'm pretty sure cucumber is the same as it certainly doesn't "taste of nothing" as people always told me growing up!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I've been a veggie for most of my life now, but fish and shellfish have always made me retch. The faintest whiff of it has me gagging. Tapioca. Why would anyone make a pudding whose sole purpose is to make you think you're eating frog spawn? *boak*
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Anyone seen 'Bizarre Foods America'?

The one where there was a load of fish heads they'd buried at the low water mark, left them to ferment for a couple of weeks, dug them up and ate them? Or the one where the Eskimos were netting small birds, sticking them in a sack, and doing the same?

I'd rather eat celery.

The one where there was a load of fish heads they'd buried at the low water mark, left them to ferment for a couple of weeks, dug them up and ate them? Or the one where the Eskimos were netting small birds, sticking them in a sack, and doing the same?

I'd rather eat celery.

Was that Iceland with the fish heads? 
    My V key is broken
  • Controversial one:

Chocolate with fruit and/ or nuts.

Peanuts I like, Mars bars I like... Snickers? NOOOOOOOOOO

Dairy Milk I like, dried fruit I like, nuts I like....Cadbury Fruit And Nut? NOOOOOOOOOO

My drummer mate hates a mix of sweet and savoury together - put sultanas in a curry and he goes apeshit, serve some cheese with a slice of apple, same thing. Despite what I say above, however, I LOVE those combinations.

I also hate natural yogurt. Vile.

holnrew said:

I'd rather eat celery.

Was that Iceland with the fish heads? 

Not sure hol, I thought it could have been Alaska, but whatever, it was completely stomach-churning.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    This is like reading the dietary wish list of a bunch of 8 year olds.
    I don't like celery.
    When presented with celery I eat it because I'm a fucking grown up.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    In that case give us your addy, and we'll post it all to you!

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15643
    fermented fish heads seems to be a thing across a number of cultures. What I want to know is how did they independently of each other come to the conclusion that rotting fish heads are a good thing to eat? The most plausible answer I can come up with is that aliens came here at some point in the past and posed as gods and told, as a joke, various indigenous peoples that it would be a good thing. You can trust inter galactic travelling aliens, run 'uns to a man.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• FX_Munkee said:
    I don't like celery.
    I don't like celery.

I don't eat it because I'm a fucking grown up and can choose and prepare my own food without leaving it to the random hand of strangers.

• VimFuego said:
    fermented fish heads seems to be a thing across a number of cultures. What I want to know is how did they independently of each other come to the conclusion that rotting fish heads are a good thing to eat? The most plausible answer I can come up with is that aliens came here at some point in the past and posed as gods and told, as a joke, various indigenous peoples that it would be a good thing. You can trust inter galactic travelling aliens, run 'uns to a man.
    wasn't it down to them being starving and there wasn't anything else to eat so they went Oh what the hell?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    FX_Munkee said:
    I don't like celery.
    Yes, I agree all the way.
    My V key is broken
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    FX_Munkee said:
    I don't like celery.
    So true, this needs a lol and a wisdom!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Controversial one:

Chocolate with fruit and/ or nuts.

Peanuts I like, Mars bars I like... Snickers? NOOOOOOOOOO

Dairy Milk I like, dried fruit I like, nuts I like....Cadbury Fruit And Nut? NOOOOOOOOOO

My drummer mate hates a mix of sweet and savoury together - put sultanas in a curry and he goes apeshit, serve some cheese with a slice of apple, same thing. Despite what I say above, however, I LOVE those combinations.

I'm the opposite. Cadbury's Dairy milk is sweet, sickly, and cloys in the mouth. But with those crunchy nutty bits & the raisins it's actually quite nice.

Snickers? STOOPID name for a product. When Marathon bars became unavailable I didn't buy their substitute.

Sultanas in curry is something ONLY dimwit canteen chefs do. Apple-smoked cheese is OK so long as you get a glass of port to go with it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    VimFuego said:

Assuming that the human sense of smell is the same across different races and cultures, it's the most plausible theory so far.