Foods you absolutely hate

What's Hot

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I never had the ability to tolerate milk.  Guess I was old before my time.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    Raw oysters.  Was very ill after them once, even the thought makes me gag.  Cooked ones are fine - Po'boy sandwich or Guinness & Oyster pie - yum !

Dim Sum. Got really bad food poising after a meal of the slimy bags of satan's jizz.  Can't face them now.

Kale.  My missus loves it - leathery stuff ! Much prefer spinach

Farmed salmon.  Tastes vile.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15768

the thing about oysters I've never understood is they're supposed to be an aphrodisiac but they gave me projectile diarrhea and chronic vomiting. I'm not an expert on the matters of love, but IME those are pretty much sure fired ways to turn a lady off.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 444
    Mussels and oysters etc, tried many times and each time bleugh! uncooked molluscs are generally like snot! 
    Mackerel, tastes fine until I burp, then I can taste it for days.
    Heart, yeugh too chewy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    All veg.

Actually that's a lie, I do love potatoes. Don't touch any healthy veg though, and it puts me off my food if there is any on the plate. If there's one pea it has to go!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    intensively reared chicken whose life was just 4 weeks of misery.
    From a human perspective.

From a chicken perspective... BUCCCKAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27610
    Best curry I ever had was mutton jalfrezi in a little "local" Pakistani-run place in Dubai. Bloody awesome. But it really does need slow cooking

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Onions - it's especially annoying how restaurants don't seem to consider them an ingredient half the time and leave them off menus then cover your food in them. Or dice them up and hide them under the cheese in pizzas. Sadists.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15768
    I don't get all this hate for the noble allium, don't you lot realise it's the only food stuffs that's keep the army of the night at bay? When vampires come along and turn you lot into the living dead, don't come whining to me (well, you won't be able to come near me on account of all the onions etc. I eat).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Sambostar;384756" said:
    jd0272 - you would love the way the Swiss prepare fresh pike from the lakes.  They fry it up in little pieces in breadcrumbs and batter like Scampi,  It's lush.

Nah mate, anything stronger than chip shop cod, and I'm head in bucket. If the family are eating mussels I have to leave the room.

Wish I did like sea food as there's so much variety. Alas.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited October 2014
    Olives, pickled gherkins, coleslaw.
    That's about it.

Emp - Is it something about goats?
    If you are offered Feta cheese made from sheep's milk do you eat that?

edited October 2014
    jd0272 said:
    Sambostar;384756" said:
    jd0272 - you would love the way the Swiss prepare fresh pike from the lakes.  They fry it up in little pieces in breadcrumbs and batter like Scampi,  It's lush.

Nah mate, anything stronger than chip shop cod, and I'm head in bucket. If the family are eating mussels I have to leave the room.

But that's just it, it's not like Trout or Perch or Salmon and is raved about, but actually tastes of putrid water.  Pike tastes of nothing, just like cod does, as it eats similar things to cod. ie other fish.  Seriously.  Especially when you nuke it in the deep fat fryer. IN fact it's not even as oily as cod.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Sambostar;385022" said:
    jd0272 said:

Sambostar;384756" said:jd0272 - you would love the way the Swiss prepare fresh pike from the lakes.  They fry it up in little pieces in breadcrumbs and batter like Scampi,  It's lush.

But that's just it, it's not like Trout or Perch or Salmon and is raved about, but actually tastes of putrid water.  Pike tastes of nothing, just like cod does, as it eats similar things to cod. ie other fish.  Seriously.  Especially when you nuke it in the deep fat fryer. IN fact it's not even as oily as cod.

Hmmm. May get the Mrs to go find some then...
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27610
    I'm surprised noone's said anchovies yet.  I love em, but don't know many who agree. Best on pepperoni pizza or stuffed into green olives. Blookin lovely :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited October 2014
    I could easily imagine that Salmon could replace chicken as a reliable blank canvas to be presented in many ways. In other words - I Like it. Curried, Marinated, any way. In fact - I am feeling hungry.

Could it become much cheaper than it is now?
    How many Salmon can you farm per cubic metre before cruelty becomes an issue??

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72942
    I somehow keep reading the thread title as "fools you absolutely hate"…

I can think of several. Oddly enough, they're all politicians.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Can you eat politicians?  Probably very fatty and would taste bitter, perhaps a bit like shyte?
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    You people are so conservative.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6927
    EricTheWeary;384802" said:
    boogieman said:

Mutton curry is superb.

interesting documentary about mutton on Radio 4. Historically sheep were kept primarily for wool and the meat was a byproduct, lamb wasn't really eaten in the UK until it was imported from Australasia in the 1950's. Mutton is common in Muslim cultures but it isn't halal to hang meat so it's fairly tough and a lot of people find things like mutton curry off putting. However, well hung mutton slowly cooked should be tender and tasty.
    I hear you. I always like to know the sheep I'm eating had a massive penis...

I don't like curry, or lamb, or mutton.

Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

For those who don't like Lamb, WTF is wrong with you lamb is awesomes.

I don't eat apples, bananas, in fact most fruit and veg, as it really fucks up my Crohns.

Coffee cos, you may as well crap in a cup and add hot water.

And I don't have vodka, cos it makes me punchy. Twice I've drunk vodka, twice I've got into fights, now I avoid, and stay out of trouble....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)