Chappers for the Pumpkins

What's Hot

Comments

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Sporky said:
    I wonder how many submissions include a comment like "you guy suck since Mellon but id still join u" 
    I wonder how many include a comment like “Grrrrrrreetings!”?

Hopefully they excluded him based on that horror-show post of what looks like him shitting his tartan pyjamas. 

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23115
    God, when I saw this thread was back I thought he might have somehow landed the job...
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    CHRISB50 said:
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C14N85ktwOT/?igsh=MWltamltMXVwbnJiMg==

That just popped up on my Insta feed. 

I was sick in my mouth. 
    he actually thinks he might be considered doesn't he
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    prlgmnr said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C14N85ktwOT/?igsh=MWltamltMXVwbnJiMg==

That just popped up on my Insta feed. 

I was sick in my mouth. 
    he actually thinks he might be considered doesn't he
    He's much more likely to be considered than most of us!

Rehearsals would be an inconvenience what with them being based in another country and all.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31665
    "Even if I don't get the rôle"

:D
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4268
    Given the hours I put in as a kid trying to learn the parts on Gish, I think it's been quite generous of me to not apply and clear the field for everyone else :lol:

Anyway, I've got tickets to see 'em this year, so I must admit I'm following the whole thing with one eye.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chappers has no chance.  Apart from Chamberlin, Corgan follows a mold when it comes to hiring.  Bassists have to be female, and guitarists have to be skinny and full/part Asian.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2521
    Chappers would possibly be willing to wear a dress and/or “yellow up” for the part
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23115
    Even though I'm no fan of the bloke, there's something childishly endearing about the fact that he seems to genuinely think he has a chance of getting this gig.  I can't bring myself to take the piss too much.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    I definitely did not watch his application for 180 hours.
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Did like 165, tops. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2337
    edited February 9
    Chappers post will be deleted once they select someone else, no doubt.

What happened to those exclusive 'insert obvious role play game name/item/world' Chapman USA pickups for that boutique builder?

Edit

Rob Chapman Signature Sky Nail Humbucker (guitarmorypickups.com)

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    Well, SOMEONE did!

Come on, who was it? :-)
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Sporky said:
    Oh, and Melissa Auf Der Maur but when she joined the band I'm not sure you could claim that "the bass player in Hole" was a high profile gig. 
    I did wonder if her tenure was short because she utterly upstaged Billy live. 

When she was asked to join, it was already decided that they were splitting up and it was going to be a farewell tour. There was no expectation of a long term involvement - when they got "back together" in 2006 it was just Billy and Jimmy. 

Jeff Schroeder did 17 years with them and was creatively involved in five studio albums, even after the return of James Iha. He's definitely been a creative force in the band and not "just a hired gun". Not sure if they'll look for that in a replacement, or just for someone who can come in and nail the parts live. 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    My favourite idea is that Chappers is a member here, and starts threads like this one on occasion "don't you think Chappers is a pillock..." just to see the resulting vitriol and spitting out of false teeth that it causes.  If that were true, he would go up in my personal estimation a thousand fold.
    Surely this has got to be the case.  The man cannot be so self-unaware accidentally.

Case in point on Instagram below - in about 30 seconds he packs so much cringe in it's surely a world record.  His flex is he's spent 10 mins learning the intro to The Wind Cries Mary (did he mention he was in Malta?) in his Marvel shorts and pale hairy legs.  And then proceeds to murder Little Wing.  But the best bit is the subsequent faux spiritualism crowned with the declaration that "Jimi's music does all sorts of things inside a person".  How has the world managed until now without such searing insight?

https://www.instagram.com/rob_chappers/reel/C3AuF8VNSKQ/
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2521
    Amazing 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 47
    elstoof said:
    Amazing 

In my head I can only read this in Bob Mortimer’s “Train Guy” voice and it somehow manages to make it even more cringe. But equally, part of me totally admires the complete lack of self awareness, you do you Chappers. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2323
    Tbh I don’t actually mind Rob Chapman. Yes he may be endowed with an ‘excess of personality’, but so what?

YouTube (and the Internet generally) is all about a battle for people’s attention, and your man Chappie is clearly well ahead on that one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    My favourite idea is that Chappers is a member here, and starts threads like this one on occasion "don't you think Chappers is a pillock..." just to see the resulting vitriol and spitting out of false teeth that it causes.  If that were true, he would go up in my personal estimation a thousand fold.
    Surely this has got to be the case.  The man cannot be so self-unaware accidentally.

Case in point on Instagram below - in about 30 seconds he packs so much cringe in it's surely a world record.  His flex is he's spent 10 mins learning the intro to The Wind Cries Mary (did he mention he was in Malta?) in his Marvel shorts and pale hairy legs.  And then proceeds to murder Little Wing.  But the best bit is the subsequent faux spiritualism crowned with the declaration that "Jimi's music does all sorts of things inside a person".  How has the world managed until now without such searing insight?

https://www.instagram.com/rob_chappers/reel/C3AuF8VNSKQ/
    And forgets to plug it in. Should we be grateful of that.....not sure :)
  • That’s “murdering” Little Wing? You should hear me (try) playing it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom