What's Hot
1131415161719»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    DefaultM said:
    How long did Weezer play for? 
    I was asked to go and thought about it for Weezer, but Smashing Pumpkins are one of those bands like Alice in Chains that my brain just doesn't acknowledge still exist so I said no.
    Strange that you say that.  I loved Alice in Chains, but I somehow can't bring myself to care about the post Layne Staley albums, even though I've heard them and they're pretty good.  There's just a sort of cut-off point in my mind.  Some with the last Soundgarden album, it might have been amazing but... there was too much water under the bridge.  It's all me, not them.

I did the same, but I subsequently discovered that their post Layne albums are actually really good. 
    It was through having a generic "Play Alice in Chains" request to a smart speaker and it playing a load of really great songs I didn't know. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    Philly_Q said:
    DefaultM said:
    I was asked to go and thought about it for Weezer, but Smashing Pumpkins are one of those bands like Alice in Chains that my brain just doesn't acknowledge still exist so I said no.
    Strange that you say that.  I loved Alice in Chains, but I somehow can't bring myself to care about the post Layne Staley albums, even though I've heard them and they're pretty good.  There's just a sort of cut-off point in my mind.  Some with the last Soundgarden album, it might have been amazing but... there was too much water under the bridge.  It's all me, not them.
    Yeah same. If they'd said this is a new band with members of the old one I'd listen to it, but I just get strangely annoyed by it.

I would have gone to SP and Weezer if I knew they played that long. I worried it would be 30 minutes if that.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2353
    Slightly on topic, but 'modern' Alice in Chains is still fantastic.

That simple yet effective riff...great chunky groove, then typical AIC great chorus. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2353
    Lebarque said:
    Monkey lord and the infinite sadness
    My favourite post of 2024, so far. 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3357
    Lebarque said:
    Monkey lord and the infinite sadness
    My favourite post of 2024, so far. 
    ...infinite badness, surely?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Weezer played for an hour and 15. The Pumpkins for about 2 hours and 15.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23574
    That's good value for money on a per-minute basis, if nothing else.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7022
    Philly_Q said:
    DefaultM said:
    I agree completely about AIC. Top 5 band of all time and I've never listened to a post Layne album. 

The last Soundgarden album was a banger tbf. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Philly_Q said:
    That's good value for money on a per-minute basis, if nothing else.
    Yea it was, and I paid £65 as it was in Dublin, whereas the English ones were double that I think, maybe more? I did have to pay for flights and I stayed in Dublin with my mate who lives in Wexford but if I lived there it would've been so much cheaper. We get mugged off here. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    edited June 11
    Brum was £85.

Parked at a local Tesco for less  than a tenner
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 720
    Went to the O2. Preferred Weezer’s set to SP’s. Weezer also played ‘Only In Dreams’ and I love the instrumental outro on that.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1949
    I like some Pumpkins but have enjoyed Katy Wong since I first saw a YouTube short about 18 months ago. Seems fun and tech savvy.
    There are lot of YouTube guitarists I dislike far more than her. And most im of them are better than me...