God. Some people stink of weed.

What's Hot

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3685
    tone1 said:
    Bring back 10 pints, fighting, then a kebab on the way home….followed by a hangover in the morning…..much more civilised….. B)
    It isn't either or you know...

Being a doped-up paranoid mess who stinks of weed all the time, bad.

Collapsing in the street after throwing a pint glass at a random passer by wearing the wrong football shirt... bad.

Many things can be bad.
    They can, but not to everyone, many many people can sit in a pub all day long and not throw glasses at strangers, many many people can smoke a joint and not be a doped up paranoid mess stinking like a weed all the time.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3685
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone else been in the supermarket and been stuck in the cloud stench of the old lady with way way too much perfume on? Im not talking about 'oh, perfume smell' , no , Im talking about the lady who cant smell and drownes hersef in perfume to the point where the air tastes like the inside of a tarts handbag?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16406
    MrsTheWeary seems oddly sensitive to the smell. 
    I remember when we went to Crystal Palace there was a corner of the park that seemed given over to smoking weed, been to Amsterdam a couple of times and the smell would turn up there a lot. But it does hang around and some people seem unaware of it. When an ambulance went out to my mother the paramedics smelled it on her (paid) carer and reported it as a safeguarding issue and she got the sack. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19412
    robgilmo said:
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone else been in the supermarket and been stuck in the cloud stench of the old lady with way way too much perfume on? Im not talking about 'oh, perfume smell' , no , Im talking about the lady who cant smell and drownes hersef in perfume to the point where the air tastes like the inside of a tarts handbag?
    Her slightly younger daughter used to be based in the office where I was once forced to work. Shudder... nightmares again tonight.
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    edited January 31
    Car boot sales at 5.30am. The weed smell is comical. Pretty easy to get a deal though 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7353
    merlin said:
    Weed is MUCH stronger now than when I was a regular smoker. The effect is hallucinogenic. 
    Not really, and it's not a new thing..

It's those mamba strains that I don't get, most days you can go through a city centre and they'll be at least one mamba'd up nitty wrapped around a lamp post foaming at the mouth..
    Genuinely interested in why you say that as in my experience the THC levels are way higher than previous generations. Not trying to pick an argument , I have a genuine interest 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15894
    merlin said:
    Weed is MUCH stronger now than when I was a regular smoker. The effect is hallucinogenic. 
    Not really, and it's not a new thing..

It's those mamba strains that I don't get, most days you can go through a city centre and they'll be at least one mamba'd up nitty wrapped around a lamp post foaming at the mouth..
    hey, what I do in my time is my business!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We’ve recently discovered that our new tenant neighbours like a smoke, and that the party walls of our Victorian terrace are somewhat leaky. Its making the bedrooms stink of stale weed fumes.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1257
    robgilmo said:
    tone1 said:
    Bring back 10 pints, fighting, then a kebab on the way home….followed by a hangover in the morning…..much more civilised….. B)
    It isn't either or you know...

Being a doped-up paranoid mess who stinks of weed all the time, bad.

Collapsing in the street after throwing a pint glass at a random passer by wearing the wrong football shirt... bad.

Many things can be bad.
    They can, but not to everyone, many many people can sit in a pub all day long and not throw glasses at strangers, many many people can smoke a joint and not be a doped up paranoid mess stinking like a weed all the time.
    Nope. Anyone smoking weed stinks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 853
    The way people generally smoke it in the UK /Europe with tabacco probably makes it worse.
    I like the smell though, I've certainly smelled worse things. 
    Some strains are really nice smelling, some are a bit sickly. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11769
    tFB Trader
    I think in the same way that cigarette smokers don't realise that they smell strongly of fags, weed smokers get kind of used to it and don't realise that they walk around in a cloud of stale skunk smell. 

We have a few customers who turn up maybe having had a cheeky toke in the car on the way to us and really don't know that they smell like a cannabis factory when they walk in.

The smell can kind of linger even once the person has left so the air freshener has to come out if it does.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 853
    I'd rather smell a little waft of weed than breath air freshener.

Is there something else people find offensive about it rather than just a smell? 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    I smell of success 

and dog wee
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 452
    Possibly worse is the stink of patchouli when some dopey goth is trying to cover up the smell of the skunk they've just been hauling on. Some evenings I can go into the local town and the entire place smells like a weed farm just got torched by arsonists. The smell sticks too. Got stuck on a packed train next to someone who smelled like they bathed in dope oil bath bubbles. I get to work and I'm getting funny looks until I realize my jacket now stinks as well where this bloke has been leaning on me in the train.

On a tangential note MDMA was credited with a decline in football violence during the 1990s apparently because fans had been on the disco biscuits the night before and were still all too luv'd up to beat the shine out of each other like on normal match days. 

And no, just because it is plant based, weed does not count as one of your 5-a-day.

Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 295
    All this talk of an unpleasant smell, but not a mention of the kids that are stabbing each other whilst they are under the control of the gangs.

I don't care what substances you choose to put in your body but I'm upset with the regular occurrence of another teenage stabbing and another life ended so that weed or some other substance can be made available. 

I know nothing of the illegal drugs trade but I get the impression that young vulnerable kids are drawn in with the prospect of making lots of cash, having the latest trainers etc.  The reality is not quite the same. 

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3903
    bertie said:
    I smell of success 

and dog wee

Just sayin' :)
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2401

I live in the wider Brixton are. It's usual to walk around smelling strong dope. it is literally everywhere.
    When I come of tube stations in the City whiffs of strong weed greet me. Everyone is junked up trying to get through their endless crappy days of drudgery.
  • You should try offloading the KLM 1079 flight from Amsterdam at Manchester, the bags smell like a Bob Marley convention. As you can imagine, it's one of the flights where Border Force screen the bags going on the carousel and frequently let the sniffer dogs run about all over them. But having said that, BA flights are worse, most of the time the ULD containers smell like a condemned curry house.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4774
    Kurtis said:
    I'd rather smell a little waft of weed than breath air freshener.

I think the point is more as a reputable business, @FelineGuitars probably don't want the place to stink of illegal substances for the next customer.

Kurtis said:

Is there something else people find offensive about it rather than just a smell?  It doesn't bother me too much, many of my mates smoke it regularily.  I've seen it cause problems over the years and I don't think long term use is particularly good for productivity or outlook on life, but each to their own.

It's often compared to alcohol, but nearly every weed smoker I know smokes all day everyday, whereas everybody I know who drinks, does so mainly a few evenings or at the weekend.   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The odd smoke of it probably doesn't do much harm to someone personally - leaving aside the fact that it supports a dodgy industry where there is indeed a lot of harm going on - but most people I know who smoke it are a bit more into it than 'the odd smoke', and that's when it becomes a problem.

They don't call it dope for nothing.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here