God. Some people stink of weed.

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• JfingersJfingers Frets: 410
    Here's a brief overview of the history of cannabis in timeline form from Sydney University which some of you may find interesting.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    It weirds me out when I get a strong whiff of the stuff when a car goes past. Given the emphasis that the police interceptor TV programs place on drug driving and testing I'm amazed that anyone does it. 

Surely its really going to cramp your style having to go to work on the bus, or worse still hire a chauffer if you are a man with a van tradesman? 

• snowblindsnowblind Frets: 452
    Kurtis said:

EDIT as for the rest well vaping is the most efficient way to use cannabinoids but if you don't like that there are loads of other ways to use them. 
    The point was, as far as nicotine is concerned, replacing tobacco with vapes is perhaps on a par with replacing rabies with syphilis. Vaping may be efficient in certain respects but that doesn't make it sensible. It is very profitable for the drug dealers , err I mean nicotine producers, and the plastics manufacturers but the long term costs are likely to be just as high as with smoking. The lungs were not designed to be bathed in a paraffin aerosol. There are already casualties.

Side note: getting hit by a cloud of somebody's vape steam out in the street is nearly as unpleasant as walking through a cloud of tobacco smoke. Even more comical are the clouds seen issuing forth from some cars.

While I applaud the banning of smoking in pubs and public spaces the fact that we have simply re-invented something pointless and unnecessary so some other moron can keep getting paid seems a tad short-sighted. 
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2425
    I'm a non-smoker (of any product), but when vapes came out I was of the opinion that they were OK. No one had been saying nicotine caused cancer. It was the tar in the cigarettes that was always the issue.

Recently though someone pointed out that the fluid used to carry the nicotine in vapes is completely unregulated and you have no idea what you are sucking into your lungs.

It does seem like a potential big problem.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2957
    I guess I'm in the minority that likes the smell then! Reminds me of good times with my friends in my teens/early 20s I guess. Haven't smoked for years now, not sure if I'd take it up again if it were made legal. 
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 853
    edited February 3
    Adey said:
    I'm a non-smoker (of any product), but when vapes came out I was of the opinion that they were OK. No one had been saying nicotine caused cancer. It was the tar in the cigarettes that was always the issue.

Recently though someone pointed out that the fluid used to carry the nicotine in vapes is completely unregulated and you have no idea what you are sucking into your lungs.

It does seem like a potential big problem.

What's your source for this? 

As far as I know (in the UK/Europe it is regulated? 
    They usually tell you what's in them. 

They're banning disposable vapes in England and Scotland, as far as I know.

Not that I'm arguing for, or against, just interested.

snowblind. I don't disagree, but nicotine is a different matter entirely.