God. Some people stink of weed.

What's Hot

Comments

• Kurtis said:
    Educate away, I'm all for it! (Tbh I think most people that use weed are pretty clued up about the dangers, same as drink, the fact is most of them won't be effected to any large degree.) they're willing to take the risk.
    Sadly I think that's not the case. People on here are an exception who don't mind typing,  but the wider public is far from well informed. Hardly anyone one reads newspapers these days, let alone make an effort to inform themselves.  We're all addicts to amusement!
    I like a very occasional puff - I think it's stronger than in days gone by. In the past you'd feel drowsy as it got late but the modern stuff wakes you up.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 853
    edited February 1
    Kurtis said:
    Educate away, I'm all for it! (Tbh I think most people that use weed are pretty clued up about the dangers, same as drink, the fact is most of them won't be effected to any large degree.) they're willing to take the risk.
    Sadly I think that's not the case. People on here are an exception who don't mind typing,  but the wider public is far from well informed. Hardly anyone one reads newspapers these days, let alone make an effort to inform themselves.  We're all addicts to amusement!
    I like a very occasional puff - I think it's stronger than in days gone by. In the past you'd feel drowsy as it got late but the modern stuff wakes you up.

Well, in my experience, most people that use weed regularly are definitely better informed about it than the general public.

I don't read newspapers, but I think there is plenty of info on the Web, books etc. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11769
    edited February 1 tFB Trader
    Kurtis said:
    I'd rather smell a little waft of weed than breath air freshener.

I think the point is more as a reputable business, @FelineGuitars probably don't want the place to stink of illegal substances for the next customer.

Yes - we don't want our sales environment to smell of skunk and whilst many of our customers may laugh it off realising it was someone else bringing the smell, some may not be so accepting, and it is not a smell I want anyone to associate with my business.

And just as importantly I don't want to have to sit and work in it either.
    So we either crack open a window or a spritz of air freshener is in order.

But likewise we have had customers who have, either through medical issues or self neglect come in reeking of piss or really bad body odour, and we don't want that lingering for customers or ourselves.
    If someone farted really offensively or even seemed to have applied a whole can of Lynx Africa you may also wish to disperse or neutralise that smell.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Rush The Necormancer would never had been written without pot so on balance I’ll live with the smell. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12515
    If people want to smoke tobacco or weed and accept the inherent risks, that's fine by me.  But as I find the smell of both vile (not to mention the health risks of being exposed to the former), I don't want to breath the shit in.

As an old adage once ran, the side effect of drinking alcohol is piss.  Now I don't want to breath in your smoke any more than you want me to piss on your shoes. 
    You need to remember that a lot of people get a medical benefit too. People in acute pain, cancer, end of life etc. 
    edited February 1
    When I go in to town I smell mainly restaurants, chippies, kebabs, cars, buses, at this time of year fires, very occasionally I smell weed. 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 856
    Reading the OP this song comes to mind

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12460
    Emp_Fab said:
    I would dispute the "in control" bit there !

If I ruled the UK, I'd make every drink/drug driving offence a mandatory five year ban.  No ifs or buts.  Anyone caught driving whilst banned following a drink/drug driving conviction gets a ten year ban - to run consecutively.  Do it again and you get banned for life.
    Anyone caught drink/drug driving a second time gets electrocuted.  A third offence will result in exhumation of their body and having their skull removed.  A fourth offence, all your bones get ground up and poured into a full toilet at Glastonbury.  

Vote for Emp !  You know it makes sense.
    Same for those that drive too fast as well.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6178
    What are you expecting God to do about it?
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2631
    edited February 1
    I’ll take weed over cigarettes any day.  Cigarette smoke is the worst smell in the world — whether it’s in the air, in your clothes, in your car’s upholstery or furniture.

Weed can have a sweet smell, even with a bit of the skunk.  But I do not like the idea of inhaling smoke on purpose.

Also, it’s been a couple years, but I smoked a bit of weed to self-medicate and I didn’t feel any high.  Did half a joint and waited — nothing.  Finished the joint — still nothing.  And it was the first time I’d dabbled in it since the 90s, so it’s not like I had any tolerance built up.  The edibles, on the other hand, were great.  Only thing was I couldn’t read without feeling nauseous.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3685
    Kurtis said:

I wouldnt say someone who reads newspapers is informed about anything else than someones opinion, an opinion designed to sell newspapers.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    Kurtis said:

I wouldnt say someone who reads newspapers is informed about anything else than someones opinion, an opinion designed to sell newspapers.
    Well yes but I mean reading other than Facebook and Twitter or the bloke down the pub who likes the sound of his own voice ;-)
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3685
    robgilmo said:
    Kurtis said:

Well yes but I mean reading other than Facebook and Twitter or the bloke down the pub who likes the sound of his own voice ;-)
    Copy that , even credible research these days has to be taken with a pinch of salt. There are proper search engines out there to use for research, Google isnt one of them.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 634
    I vape CBD flower and that stinks too, I always think the smell is on par with hops which everybody seems to love in their IPA's
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1544
    I used to quite like the icky sticky when I was a younger man, lived in the Dam for a large portion of my 20's and would say I had a fairly healthy relationship with it, I stopped smoking weed/hash around about my early 30's but had promised myself that i'd resume the habit when I became older/retired. I had a prescription for Oil with THC (Pain Relief) from Project 21 and it was quite mellow and worked well for pain..but was very expensive. I tried some modern grass as a cheaper alternative, made some cake and it fucking destroyed me! It's changed so much.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 452
    Most of the people I knew in earlier days who were weed users had a lot of grand plans that they never quite got around to doing anything about. Might make you creative but it doesn't make you motivated. 

I would also argue from a chemist's perspective that shoving anything into your lungs that doesn't belong there is to be advised against. Vapes are a comical solution to what is, or should be, essentially a non-problem. Nicotine has no practical physiological benefit however it is highly addictive and a lot of people have got rich of flogging the stuff in whatever form. Having decided that nicotine in smoke was a bad idea we now stick it in hydrocarbon-based solvents and inhale that instead.
    Absolute genius. Give it a couple of years and we'll have a whole new population with f$$^$ed up lungs. Everyone knows why we banned solvents. Well guess what? They just repackaged the problem with some nice flavourings and started marketing it to kids. 

Humans are idiots.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4707
    When I used to have the odd joint, it was always resin based, which seems to have almost disappeared from th market. That definitely had a less strong smell, 
  • yockyyocky Frets: 816
    snowblind said:
    Most of the people I knew in earlier days who were weed users had a lot of grand plans that they never quite got around to doing anything about. Might make you creative but it doesn't make you motivated. 
    Think it gives the sense of increasing creativity - in the same way that it gives the sense that that jammy dodger is a gourmet delight. But that's been enough to motivate me to play guitar for hours in the past which is no bad thing.

Re the "it's too potent these days" (and thc ratio issues notwithstanding) - you could take 20% THC product and with some basic brownie making skillz turn half an ounce into over 500 gentle 5mg THC edible doses which even if you paid through the nose for the raw ingredient would cost around 25p each. It's all about portion control. Just as a theoretical maths exercise of course. 
    edited February 2
    snowblind said:

What about all the weed users that are extremely motivated?

All the musicians/guitar players out there making music instead of just talking about it.

EDIT as for the rest well vaping is the most efficient way to use cannabinoids but if you don't like that there are loads of other ways to use them.