PRS owning tossers........

What's Hot
RustySpannerRustySpanner Frets: 553
edited February 3 in Guitar
I've bought a Vela.

I didn't want a PRS. 
 Curiosity overcame prejudice and I tried one. 
Bastard..............choirs of angels, instant familiarity, fat boy comfy. 

It's the Ibanez RG550 all over again. Ugly, played by weirdos, sounds bloody amazing. 

Anyone else?

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2631
    I just sold my S2 Vela semi hollow, actually.  Not because I didn’t like it.  It was just the next one up to go.

Hngd.  The pattern regular neck is pretty perfect.  What color did you get?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1818
    Ah the NHS dentist model. Lol
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27975
    I think it’s spelled “Flossers” 

But while I’m currently obsessing over CS Gibsons I have vowed to my PRS & Musicman obsessed colleague that I won’t buy anything without trying at least one McCarty/DGT and something like a Mariposa. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AornicAornic Frets: 493

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MaxA867MaxA867 Frets: 64
    Fat Boy Comfy? Is that Fat Boy Slim’s portly brother? 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 211
    Yeah I’ve had my vela for about 4 years now, it’s just perfect , light weight, varied tones and plays very well… balance is great too … great guitars :-) 
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 355
    I had a Vela that I really liked but sold it to pay for something else. I keep half an eye out for one coming up again but I'm a bit fussy on which colour. Would love a semihollow too. 

Also keep kicking myself for passing up the opportunity years ago to buy one of the reclaimed wood ones. They rarely come up anymore and when they do sellers normally think they can get silly money for them (there's been one on FB for 6 months or so, asking price £2,400 :lol: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My vela is perfect. It feeling like nothing else when wearing it. Was my first PRS and I’m so angry I wasted 25 years believing the dentist guitar rubbish rather than trying and buying 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Tall_martinTall_martin Frets: 237
    edited February 4
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4286
    Congrats, I think a Vela’ll be the next solidbody that I buy

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7838
    I’ve owned my DGT for quite a long time now (and bought it used) and I STILL worry about my main/preferred guitar being one that is generally perceived as a showy/tosser guitar - the one I’d be most self-conscious about turning up to a jam night with - odd how the brain works 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3746
    I've bought a Vela.

I didn't want a PRS. 
     Curiosity overcame prejudice and I tried one. 
    Bastard..............choirs of angels, instant familiarity, fat boy comfy. 

It's the Ibanez RG550 all over again. Ugly, played by weirdos, sounds bloody amazing. 

Anyone else?

Had a Vela. Would like one again.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5544
    The Vela is the only in-production PRS guitar that I actually really like anymore. Had one and sold it and kinda regret it, they really are excellent. Congrats!
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1569
    I got a PRS SE electroacoustic in 2022 and while I have had issues with wires buzzing against the top, I am happy with it. It feels great. 

A couple of weeks ago I managed to find another affordable PRS SE, a single-cut 245. The feeling is once again perfect, with a very comfortable neck and smooth controls. 

I don’t mind the birds. I rarely look at the neck while I’m playing. But if anything, I like the fact that they make the guitar distinctive enough. 

Have a great time with your new guitar. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13069
    I've got a Starla and had very much the same experience. Its the opposite of what most people seem to want in a PRS but its bloody awesome. 
  • TimmyO said:
    I’ve owned my DGT for quite a long time now (and bought it used) and I STILL worry about my main/preferred guitar being one that is generally perceived as a showy/tosser guitar - the one I’d be most self-conscious about turning up to a jam night with - odd how the brain works 
    Definitely understand this. Even though I’m reasonably capable, I certainly expect judgement from other players! 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5544
    I've got a Starla and had very much the same experience. It’s the opposite of what most people seem to want in a PRS but it’s bloody awesome. 
    That’s my absolute favourite PRS model of all time! The Core version is sorely missed, such a nice guitar and an absolute tone monster…
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10413
    The RG550 is a work of art. That's all I have to say here. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1118
    I love my S2 Mira.

I don't take the dentist carry on seriously.

The thing that always put me off PRS was the birds and the over the top tops. My Mira suffers from neither.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1630
    edited February 4
    I probably wouldn't have a PRS without birds.

1) I quite like em.

2) Why compromise just to appease those that will hate it anyway? Go full fat.

3) Getting offended at the dentist thing betrays insecurity. You deserve a PRS despite not being a dentist. You could also deserve a Porsche without being an overpaid citybro. It does happen.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom