PRS owning tossers........

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14266
    I have a 594 that I don’t like :(
    I've had 2 and couldn't bond with them

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30210
    I have no strong views, but feel I should post anyway. I think that's a forum rule when PRS is in the thread title. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3001
    I would say they are one of the brands which like Ibanez are completely committed to reliability and excellence of playability and sound quality which is probably why they are uncool unlike Gibson who seem almost entirely focussed on rehashing the past at greater and greater cost.

I'm more interested in a brand which try and learn from the past to push the game forward rather than assuming guitars peaked in 1958 and all we can hope for is ever more slavish reproductions.
    Basically sums it up for me too. Said as a complete hypocrite who owns one Gibson and no PRS :) I've loved the feel of pretty much every PRS I've played though, except the wide fat neck which I didn't get on with. Pattern regular is perfection for me. I really need to get an S2 in some shape or form. 
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 1018
    edited February 5
    I think the favorite PRS I have owned has been the Modern Eagle 1 I bitterly regret selling, plus a single-cut satin soapbar was really nice sounding
    Think I may have just bought it....2006 in Amber?
    https://i.imgur.com/q4yoNmO.jpg
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 380
    I have three, a McCarty 594, a DGT and a Wood Library Special Semi Hollow.

I like them all, the DGT is a great gigging guitar with a wide range of tones, but the Special is a real joy. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5229
    edited February 5
    Having owned at least half a dozen PRSs back in the day I’ve been sworn off them for many years as I decided they just didn’t do it for me any more. Then recently I caved in and bought a Modern Eagle Quatro which is a very special guitar. So I’m currently rethinking the strategy. 

260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1692
    Ok, I had to. I haven’t done the obligatory NGD but here it is: 

Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    TTBZ said:
    Said as a complete hypocrite who owns one Gibson and no PRS :) I've loved the feel of pretty much every PRS I've played though, except the wide fat neck which I didn't get on with. Pattern regular is perfection for me. I really need to get an S2 in some shape or form. 
    It's strange, I'm super-picky about neck shapes but I've got PRS guitars with Pattern Regular, Wide Fat (aka Pattern) and Pattern Vintage necks and I barely notice the difference.  However, if I pick up a Fender or Gibson, I'm still really conscious of the different profile.  Basically PRS necks feel good, even if sometimes I'd like them to be just a little fatter or a little less wide.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • motorheadmotorhead Frets: 85
    I skipped three pages and three guitars (CE24, CU22, DGT) and the last was very nearly the keeper but like, whatever floats yer boat.
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 866
    I have a 594 that I don’t like :(
    What was it about them?
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 1018
    edited February 6
    I have a 594 that I don’t like
    What was it about them?

Couldn't bond with mine either....For me it was the over complication of 2 vol & 2 tone, the two piece bridge, a bound mega glossy neck, and the toggle switch in a weird place. Have to admit the 58/15 LT pickups were rather good. I much prefer the simplicity of the McCarty design, especially with a Rosewood neck.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16678
    I cannot fault my Brent Mason .........it truly does everything well
    In the hands of a true player it would be awesome
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3810
    In 45 years of playing, I've owned more PRS guitars than any other brand.

I own at present

Studio 22 Core
    S2 Semi-Hollow
    Silver Sky
    SE Hollow Body II Piezo
    SE Custom Semi-Hollow c2007

Previously owned

SE Hollow Body II (replaced by piezo version)
    SE Custom Semi-Hollow c2007 (foolishly sold, then bought s/h replacement only to immediately upgrade to S2)
    SE Chris Robertson (confirming that I don't get on with single cuts)

I've never owned a Gibson, all of my Fenders and my Epiphone have gone leaving just my Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro (which I've owned since 1994), my Rickenbacker 360 and my Partscaster as my only other electric 6 strings.

I'm not a fan of blingy tops but I do like bird inlays and the only pickup swap that I've ever done on a PRS was to put a Seymour Duncan JB Jr in the bridge of the Silver Sky.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I have current 4 PRS (3 core, 1 SE), used to have 4 Core.

(The Black one is the one gone)

Not sure why I never took a nicer picture of them 4....side by side like this one.

My favourite actually to play is the SE One.  It's just easy, simple, 2 knobs, no toggle.

It’s only supposed to have one knob! It’s twice as complicated as a stock one! :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    It’s only supposed to have one knob! It’s twice as complicated as a stock one! :)
    PRS SE Two  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1692
    edited February 8

Run Dottie, the birds are coming!

Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    edited February 8
    Still own the one on the right though have barely touched it in 6 years owing to acoustic binge. Great guitars. Special edition with satin flame maple neck and 57/08s.

PRS SE Two  ;)
    I had one of them I stupidly put a humbucker in it and sold it to my brother!