Guitar prices, sausage rolls.

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13736
    carlos said:
    Anyone who thinks Gibson and Fender sell guitars, is entirely mistaken; what they do, is sell dreams.

I have a cheap Fazley Midas guitar, which is a Gold Top clone. It looks fab, plays great and sounds great; it cost me 123 quid, delivered, in less than four days. It's just as good if not better than some of my Gibsons...

Now I'm GASsing for a Fazley. Their range has grown a lot since I last looked. Some tasty ones there.
    Yeah @Musical_Mystery_Tour ya big git - stop giving me GAS - more than my marriage is worth! :lol:
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    A------------------------------B-------------------------C---------------------D

Ive drawn a line,

Point A is where cheap sausage rolls are exactly that, cheap, tasteless, poor quality, wont fill you up, might make you sick.

Point B is the best a sausage roll can possibly be, super tastey, fantastic quality, still cheap enough to be affordable, cooked to perfection.

Popint C is where super pricey sausage rolls sit, dressed up in lots of invisible frills, you can buy this, it will be dressed up, but it only looks slightly different to a sausage roll at point B , it will however cost ten times as much.

Point D, well , if you have to ask....... You wont be able to discuss point D with any customer care operative, it doesnt exist (on paper) , it is invite only, reserved for the super rich and influential, its still a sausage roll, it just looks like its been dragged behind a car on a dirt road for ten miles on the end of a big rusty chain.

I think the same can be said for guitars?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30210
    I hear that if you change the pastry on a Greggs sausage roll it's every bit as good as an M&S custom shop sausage roll. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2521
    All the CS Gibson's I've owned have been stellar guitars.

Although gigging with the Murphy Lab was just embarrasing. 

Plain top R8 much cooler and I use it like literally ALL the time. Not gigged anything else since owning it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
    edited February 7
    It's not just a Sausage Roll, it's an M&S Sausage Roll.

Greggs sausage rolls don't even come close, even if you fit them with upgraded sausages.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    NelsonP said:
    It's not just a Sausage Roll, it's an M&S Sausage Roll.

Greggs sausage rolls don't even come close, even if you fit them with upgraded sausages.
    My local greggs dont have salt or HP, I dont go there much.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 498
    This is why I don't own and never have owned a single Gibson or Fender guitar. I'm a Yorkshireman through and through and I look for value. I don't buy new, and I tend towards custom made and small production companies where the resale value on a used guitar is around 50% of the new ones. I have some singlecuts, some tele shapes, some strat shapes, and various 'others' and I would stand them up against the best the big two have any day of the week and then some. In sosig roll terms I loiter outside posh butchers looking for people who bought too many fine high quality sosig rolls and can't eat them all. F*ck Gibson and their ripoff pricing and lawsuits against small builders. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 852
    Chorizo sausage rolls for the win. I sell loads of them on my coffee van!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1529

Greggs have just announced the opening of Greggs Garage Wigan next month.

Greggs did open a pop-up bistro in Fenwicks over Christmas. <https://www.greggs.co.uk/news/greggs-and-fenwick-create-the-ultimate-fine-dining-experience> Even though it was supposed to be a bit tongue-in-cheek I don't doubt their marketing people were analysing how it was received.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1247
    Hmmm. I've just read all this and there's definitely something more to the thread than the cost of sausage rolls. For the record, I really like the Asda frozen sausage rolls that come in a bag of about 50. I get one every Christmas. They're tiny so you can justify eating half a dozen at a time. Delicious. 
    I've never played, let alone owned a Gibson. I do, however, own a 1969 Fender Jazzmaster. 
    They just opened a new Greggs over the road from where I work. Food for thought
    Link to my trading feedback
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    My grail guitar is a black les paul custom. I cannot afford the crazy prices those go for these days. I can't fathom how they are so much more expensive than a standard.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13736
    DrJazzTap said:
    My grail guitar is a black les paul custom. I cannot afford the crazy prices those go for these days. I can't fathom how they are so much more expensive than a standard.
    I'd like a White one - but same issue - insane prices.

I played one years ago in a shop, was a brand new one, £2500, fantastic playing and sounding thing - and I could have got it on interest free credit for 2 years...

... yes, I'm an idiot for not buying it.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 274
    If you eat the sausage out the roll can you use the pastry for slide? 
  • If you eat the sausage out the roll can you use the pastry for slide? 
    Yes, and the grease saves you the trouble of putting lemon oil on the fretboard too, so it's a win-win.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    DrJazzTap said:
    I'd like a White one - but same issue - insane prices.

I played one years ago in a shop, was a brand new one, £2500, fantastic playing and sounding thing - and I could have got it on interest free credit for 2 years...

... yes, I'm an idiot for not buying it.
    True but I bet at the time a standard could be had for a grand. Is a custom twice the guitar? I'm hoping to scratch that itch with either a jap tokai or a burny 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 747
    One difference between sausage rolls and guitars is that there isn’t really a used market for the former. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 478
    btw  the Thomann top-of the range traditional strats and teles, around £150 are very impressive when set up, 
    btw  the Thomann top-of the range traditional strats and teles, around £150 are very impressive when set up, 
    They look ok but why do all,(or almost all), Harley Benton Fender style guitars seem to come with a very un-Fender 12 inch fingerboard radius? For me a Strat or Tele just doesn’t feel right with a large fingerboard radius so I’ve never been tempted to buy one.

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2161
    Forgot to say earlier, if you are going to make your own sausage rolls, add some grated apple and onion to the sausage mix. Taste fantastic!
    That is the equivalent of Pineapple on a Pizza. Disgusting talk.
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 747
    They look ok but why do all,(or almost all), Harley Benton Fender style guitars seem to come with a very un-Fender 12 inch fingerboard radius? For me a Strat or Tele just doesn’t feel right with a large fingerboard radius so I’ve never been tempted to buy one.

I guess they’re going for “playable for the most people”.  I think very few new guitars of any stripe have 7” radii now, except specifically vintage-spec models.

As an aside, my Mexican Strat Deluxe has a 12” radius. 
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 274
    Next up, what wheat for blues noodles?