Show us your semi’s… errr what could go wrong here?

What's Hot
PennPenn Frets: 678
edited March 8 in Guitar
These are mine. What have you all got?

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 276
    On the cheaper end of the scale. To be honest I don’t really like the way it plays or sounds, but she’s a looker so is now my living room ornament/noodling guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 678
    On the cheaper end of the scale. To be honest I don’t really like the way it plays or sounds, but she’s a looker so is now my living room ornament/noodling guitar.
    I keep looking at those and have been tempted but then I come to my senses as I have my 345. I love them with the frequensator tailpieces. That looks great with the Bigsby to. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2476
    Give it a couple of pages of pics and I'll get there.
    Tim
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 276
    edited March 8
    Penn said:
    I keep looking at those and have been tempted but then I come to my senses as I have my 345. I love them with the frequensator tailpieces. That looks great with the Bigsby too. 
    I got it because I wanted a 335 with Bigsby but couldn’t justify actually getting one. If I had a 345 I wouldn’t bother tbh. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice, decently made guitar for the price (it’s a Peerless one) and the things I don’t like about it are more personal to me (the neck is a bit narrow for my liking, I’m not a huge fan of humbuckers in general and it’s quite big for a small guy like me) - but I can’t think of a reason to have one if you’ve a 345 already.
    I plan on one day upgrading the pickups and wiring, but it’s low priority for now.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    PRS S2 Semihollow.  One of my main gigging guitars

Rickenbacker 360.  60th birthday present to myself

PRS SE Semihollow, the second one that I've owned.  I did one gig with this, decided that I really liked semihollows, and went out and bought the S2.

Then of course there's the hollowbody (I've since sold the non-piezo version)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 477
    Didn't have my wide angle lens on me, sorry
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1029

‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

That’s seriously lovely. 

@Musicwolf ;

That Black Rick is awesome. How old is it? The inlays that go right across are great. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14794
    Musicwolf said:
    PRS SE Semihollow

I have that model, in the tasteful black, with Seymour Duncan P-Rails in Triple Shot mounting surrounds. I added RIC style control knobs. Just needs a white pickguard to complete the illusion.

My other PRS semi-hollow is the S2 Vela Reclaimed - the Brasilian shed model.

Finally, there is my Roland-ready Hamer XT Echotone. The less said about this, the better.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5913
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2591
    Does this count?

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Penn said:

@Musicwolf ;

That Black Rick is awesome. How old is it? The inlays that go right across are great. 
    I bought the Rick from Sound Affects new, last year (around May).  I was looking for a 330 but, when I came to try it, I found that I couldn't see the fret markers without my reading glasses which would have been a problem on stage - hence the 360 with the big inlays (the black edge dots against the white binding was also a factor).  I had a similar problem when I upgraded the PRS SE Hollowbody II to the piezo vesion.  The inlays are less visible, especially the edge dots.  I've experimented with stick on dots but the real answer my be varifocals.

Musicwolf said:
    PRS SE Semihollow

I have that model, in the tasteful black, with Seymour Duncan P-Rails in Triple Shot mounting surrounds. I added RIC style control knobs. Just needs a white pickguard to complete the illusion.

I was going to paint mine similar to Weller's 'Lichtenstein WHAAM'.

I may do something with it this year as I've got a spare pair of Gibson Burstbuckers that need a home

• @dazzajl first time I've seen an immaculate guitar in a reliced house ;)
    Seriously though, that's a fantastic-looking thing.

Most relevant of mine for this thread is a 1980s Hondo copy of an L5. It's actually pretty good despite the uncool name.
    This is the only picture I've got to hand...
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    Musicwolf said:
    Penn said:

@Musicwolf ;

I bought the Rick from Sound Affects new, last year (around May).  I was looking for a 330 but, when I came to try it, I found that I couldn't see the fret markers without my reading glasses which would have been a problem on stage - hence the 360 with the big inlays (the black edge dots against the white binding was also a factor).  I had a similar problem when I upgraded the PRS SE Hollowbody II to the piezo vesion.  The inlays are less visible, especially the edge dots.  I've experimented with stick on dots but the real answer my be varifocals.

Ah ok so has it got the fretboard that isn’t lacquered that they have been doing? it looks great. I really like the jetglo. 

I prefer the shape of the 360 over the 330. I wish they’d do the chequerboard binding on the 360s again.

Mine is a 2005 so it’s lacquered. I think the neck might be a bit bigger than some but I’ve not played many others to compare. 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2476
    Genuine question: do chambered guitars count? Is it purely the F-hole that marks a semi?
    Tim
    @Penn ; Yes, non-lacquered.
    timmypix said:
    Genuine question: do chambered guitars count? Is it purely the F-hole that marks a semi?
    I think a semi needs a sound hole to count but then I cheated and used a guitar which is actually a hollow body as one of mine. Tbf I forgot it wasn’t a semi but I’ve just stuck a phone torch in it to check and the other hole lights up… 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom