• LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 157
    Can I choose one of each?

Classical: Hauser II
    Steel string: Taylor 914ce
    Electric: Turner Model 1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8039
    My dream guitars? I already own them.

It’s the unrequited GAS which is the problem.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 157
    Sporky said:
    One of these. Adrian Belew Parker Fly. Dustainiac, Variax, 13-pin output.

Oh yes. I forgot about these. Just a standard Parker Fly would do me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1987
    What is the obsession with 'birth year' guitars? If you are an old-ish fart like me a 1966 335 type is likely to be inferior and often more expensive than its modern counterpart. Not forgetting how likely it is to have 'seen some action.' The best ladies will not be attracted to me at all for some of the same reasons!
    Well the fact that I was born in a year when so many desirable guitars were made 59 sunburst Gibson Les Paul ... 59 Strat ... 59 Gretsch 6120 ....
    At least I don't feel quite as much like an old fart now. 
  • GemsdalsGemsdals Frets: 120
    Gibson ES355 with a Bigsby  and Gibson Les Paul Custom as I'm a massive Suede fan but as I could never afford one I've recently bought an Eastman Juliet Bigsby as James Dean Bradfield is now using one, another of my guitar heroes. 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1417
    Travis Bean guitar and the short scale bass. Both!
    Deimel Guitarworks. I know they don't look like the most original guitar ever, but I think they look great.

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8089
    I’ve had all my dream guitars. 
    Didn't make me play any better or sound any better. 
    One think I learned on that journey is that price is no guarantee of quality or playability. 
    Some of my cheapest buys are more dear to me than my more expensive ones. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12430
    Gemsdals said:
    Gibson ES355 with a Bigsby  and Gibson Les Paul Custom as I'm a massive Suede fan but as I could never afford one I've recently bought an Eastman Juliet Bigsby as James Dean Bradfield is now using one, another of my guitar heroes. 
    Yeah I saw him using that at Glasto last year.  Is it a bog-standard, off-the-shelf number or was it some kind of Eastman custom-shop, made-to-measure JDB special?
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4998
    edited May 7
    For a while, I'd been hankering for a burst replica of sorts, which is probably my ultimate dream guitar. No way I could afford a real one obviously so was looking at R8s, 9s and 0s, as well as possibly financing a custom build or picking up a used replica..... My Les Paul is actually a great guitar but I wanted another rather than futz with that some more to make it more 59 like.

After punting for a PRS 10th anniversary S2 594 that urge has left me, all the burst I wanted, nitro finish and perfect out of the gate. The birds still bother me a tiny bit, but it's such a great guitar I can over look that. The important part is I don't feel at all like I'm making do, or missing out, which is very important in these situations! So I now have a number of dream guitars and I feel fortunate to do so. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• StratocostaStratocosta Frets: 2

Mark Knopfler red Schecter Dream Machine

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GemsdalsGemsdals Frets: 120
    Offset said:
    Gemsdals said:
    Yeah I saw him using that at Glasto last year.  Is it a bog-standard, off-the-shelf number or was it some kind of Eastman custom-shop, made-to-measure JDB special?
    Just the standard black Bigsby version. I think he bought it from Maks guitars.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4223
    TTBZ said:
    It was a silverburst LP Custom, but having played one that's meant to be a "good" one I didn't rate it. Binding ridge which felt horrid, didn't stay in tune and a real boat anchor. Not for me.
    I’ve been in a position to buy one for a while but have the same concerns. Instead, I think I’ll just make my own version and send it over to @lamf68 for a decent stab at a relic finish on one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 383
    What is the obsession with 'birth year' guitars? If you are an old-ish fart like me a 1966 335 type is likely to be inferior and often more expensive than its modern counterpart. Not forgetting how likely it is to have 'seen some action.' The best ladies will not be attracted to me at all for some of the same reasons!
    It's not an obsession, it's just a thing that some people like.
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 209
    Having visited the Gibson garage today, it’s the heavy Murphy lab aged r9… holy crap that guitar was off the charts amazing , 8.5k too grrr 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1393
    Oi! Hands off! That’s mine!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3261
    robgilmo said:
    Honestly, a partscaster that I've built myself, I've always wanted to build one, just never had the time.
    Only one thing to do then, take your time at building one?

We've got so much going on at the moment, that even if I could dedicate an hour a week to the project, not only would it easily take me well over a year to get the parts together, but I wouldn't be able to give it my full attention, or at least the focus it deserves, so at best it would be half hearted, and probably not exactly what I want.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 723
    For me it’s a RG550. I’m a simple man. 

Was a dream guitar for many years before actually playing one. Maple neck, obviously. Cos I’m normal. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3088
    Difficult for me to pin point just one but these are top

Jackson KE-1

Ibanez Chrome Boy

Disgusting yet cool Ibanez Universe swirl

Suhr Modern 80s drip

The one in this video specifically, which I know a member of this board owns
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:
    I’ve had all my dream guitars. 
    Didn't make me play any better or sound any better. 
    One think I learned on that journey is that price is no guarantee of quality or playability. 
    Some of my cheapest buys are more dear to me than my more expensive ones. 

There is so much wisdom and good sense in this post, we should all take heed. 

(Doesn't stop me endlessly hankering after an ES-345 with a Bigsby though - as a child of the 80s, Marty McFly was my first ever guitar hero!)
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1987
    topdog91 said:
    It's not an obsession, it's just a thing that some people like.
    I'd question the 'some' part among guitar players,particularly older ones. My dream would be for my bloody hands to do what my brain actually wants them to do with any guitar in them.