Guitar Weight and tone,,plus of course Compromise / usability..Not Tonewood..

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• KevSKevS Frets: 477
    Litterick said:
    I was looking forward to reading this discussion. Oh well.
    Arguments are that way,,this is being hit on the head lessons..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    I'm not sure why you keep pushing this idea that I'm not calm. I can assure you that it's incorrect and unnecessary. 
    ARGGHHHHHH !!!!  I got the last word in...   So there..!!!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24338
    Sporky said:

It's worship of lack of knowledge. I'm amazed at Fretmeister's patience - clearly KevS isn't going to read the book that will answer many of his questions. 
    I think he'll read it - even if for no other reason than to try to prove you wrong!

Go on KevS - get stuck in!
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11791
    I must confess that since I seldom play a guitar on a strap, weight has never been much of an issue for me.

Balance, however, is.

Enter the Firebird :-(
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11791
    Offset said:
    I must confess that since I seldom play a guitar on a strap, weight has never been much of an issue for me.

Balance, however, is.

Enter the Firebird :-(
    * EDIT - I posted this before perusing the previous three pages... oooof.  I'll stick to weight thanks :-)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24338
    I used to be happy with a heavy instrument - explorers / les pauls / jazz basses etc.

Then I got older! :D 

I've never found Les Pauls good as a sitting down instrument. Maybe at some point I'll have to try an SG.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    Offset said:
    You could try my NSG then - heavy enough to cut off the circulation in your leg. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I used to be happy with a heavy instrument - explorers / les pauls / jazz basses etc.

Then I got older! :D 

I've never found Les Pauls good as a sitting down instrument. Maybe at some point I'll have to try an SG.
    I have became a Fan of the Guild S100,,the later Newark Street World Music made Korean ones I like..
    Better Balanced than the SG..I'm not a fan of the HB 1 pickups..
    The Korean ones have a 12 inch camber board and tun o matic,not a 20 and small frets and a really curved bridge like the American originals..The early Korean ones are heavy,,but my later 2 are under 7lbs..

I also have a Black Guild Bluesbird from the same era and factory..Great guitar..

Sorry..Did I mention this in my first post..

No idea what the equivalent new Chinese Deluxe S100 series are like,,apart from being cheaper and I think the new pickups are PAF sized..Easier to change..

That's the main sexy long bastard I play,,a bit longer than an SG..

https://guildguitars.com/g/s-100-polara-black/