Gibson Slash "Jessica" Les Paul is here

What's Hot
timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2476
edited April 9 in Guitar
Long-teased, finally released today.

The same price as the other Slash sigs, which is interesting given you're swapping a 2-piece AAA flame top for a 3-piece plain top, but it's probably a significant enough release for Slash fans that I don't think that'll actually matter.

https://www.gibson.com/en-GB/p/Electric-Guitar/Slash-Jessica-Les-Paul-Standard/Honey-Burst-with-Red-Back

Personally I'd just pick up a honeyburst Classic and swap some parts around and that'd be close enough for me if that's the look I was after, albeit no red back and a slimmer neck. Although, I did have a honeyburst Classic and sold it because I couldn't be arsed to replace the PCB harness to make swapping pickups easier...
Tim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5648
    I'd have thought a "Jessica" Les Paul would have to be signed by Dickie Betts.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12514
    Crikey - £3k for a plain 3-piece top and a Slash squiggle on the back of the headstock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
    Hopefully doesn't impact the value of my 2008 VOS - was thinking of flogging it at some point this year lol
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2476
    Kultschar said:
    Hopefully doesn't impact the value of my 2008 VOS - was thinking of flogging it at some point this year lol
    Perhaps it'll renew interest in it, like the Kirk Greeny release did for CC#1.
    Tim
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12723
    The original Jessica was a factory second and one of two Les Paul™ guitars that Gibson sent to Slash in the late 80s. 

Wow, they really thought a lot of him didn't they? They sent him a factory second...

And now, that factory second (since refinished in sideboard-brown) is being copied and being sold as a premium guitar. Ironic? Much.

Definitely one for diehard Slash fans - as its a lot of money for a butt-ugly, brown Les Paul with a shitty, mismatched three piece top. I've seen nicer guitars made by Columbus...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4070
    impmann said:
    The original Jessica was a factory second and one of two Les Paul™ guitars that Gibson sent to Slash in the late 80s. 

Wow, they really thought a lot of him didn't they? They sent him a factory second...

And now, that factory second (since refinished in sideboard-brown) is being copied and being sold as a premium guitar. Ironic? Much.

Definitely one for diehard Slash fans - as it’s a lot of money for a butt-ugly, brown Les Paul with a shitty, mismatched three piece top. I've seen nicer guitars made by Columbus...

Not pre-ordering then?
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7044
    edited April 9
    impmann said:

Definitely one for diehard Slash fans - as it’s  thripa lot of money for a butt-ugly, brown Les Paul with a shitty, mismatched three piece top. I've seen nicer guitars made by Columbus...

I thought all Gibsons were factory seconds
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Thank goodness there is finally a Slash signature Les Paul for all those who have been waiting since 1987… 

But srsly it’s obviously the it’s at the upper end of appropriateness of Slash sig style and likely the one I’d want if I wanted one
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • PPPMATPPPMAT Frets: 25
    I'm waiting for the Derrig - I would love Gibson to do a copy of a knock off, I'm only actually half joking as well.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SixStringSageSixStringSage Frets: 135
    I'm an enormous Slash fan but I don't "get" the Jessica model. It seems to be a Slash fan collector piece, but there's nothing wrong with that I guess.

I definitely feel the same as @impmann that Jessica was a factory second, so is an ironic signature in the sense that Slash basically proved you don't need the premium stuff to have a good tone or make good music or whatever. 

Were it not a signature release, a 3-piece factory second would probably be derided as not good enough and generally inferior.
    PPPMAT said:
    I'm waiting for the Derrig - I would love Gibson to do a copy of a knock off, I'm only actually half joking as well.
    Isn't that what the 2010 Appetite custom shop release was? 
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2577
    That’s what the Appetite Amber is, isnt it
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23673
    I'll wait for Trogly's review. ;)
    edited April 9
    elstoof said:
    That’s what the Appetite Amber is, isnt it
    Yep. Just double checked it, I remember reading the articles at the time about how Gibson was doing a replica of a replica.

The Appetite models are Derrig replicas, with Jessica and Stephanie being the guitars that he used when he retired the Derrig from touring duties after that album was released.
  • PPPMATPPPMAT Frets: 25
    PPPMAT said:
    Isn't that what the 2010 Appetite custom shop release was? 
    Yes you are right it was (I had totally forgotten that they had released that to be honest).

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 658
    edited April 9
    If they release a Loretta I won’t buy one but will still fight for her rights to have babies.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1341
    Looks like a honeyburst tribute model..as mentioned earlier the 3 piece top is bad .
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4307
    impmann said:

Definitely one for diehard Slash fans - as it’s e had to pay for them tooa lot of money for a butt-ugly, brown Les Paul with a shitty, mismatched three piece top. I've seen nicer guitars made by Columbus...

He had to pay for them too cheaper as they were seconds 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4307
    Love the Jessica he has , I was going to get the  Classic honeyburst  to get near to it but ended up with my appetite burst 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1112
    Couldn't give two shits