What's Hot

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31963
    You can have mine for £2.5k if you like   :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2476
    LPManic said:
    Couldn't give two shits
    I also comment on things I'm not interested in.
    Tim
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Tim
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4174
    I wish there were more plaintop options these days. I used to have an Epiphone with a beautiful plain maple top that I really wish I'd kept. Now they slap a veneer on everything. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2353
    Wow that looks cheaper than my 2017 Tribute, which is actually a lovely looking guitar, but obviously it was MUCH cheaper, (5th of the price!)
    I wish there were more plaintop options these days. I used to have an Epiphone with a beautiful plain maple top that I really wish I'd kept. Now they slap a veneer on everything. 
    That's the realm of the Classics for the last few years.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SixStringSageSixStringSage Frets: 135
    timmypix said:

it looks a hell of a lot better in this video than the product page!

• NerineNerine Frets: 2303
    LPManic said:
    Couldn't give two shits
    Cool, bro. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386
    edited April 9
    impmann said:
    The original Jessica was a factory second and one of two Les Paul™ guitars that Gibson sent to Slash in the late 80s. 

Wow, they really thought a lot of him didn't they? They sent him a factory second...

And now, that factory second (since refinished in sideboard-brown) is being copied and being sold as a premium guitar. Ironic? Much.

Definitely one for diehard Slash fans - as it’s e had to pay for them tooa lot of money for a butt-ugly, brown Les Paul with a shitty, mismatched three piece top. I've seen nicer guitars made by Columbus...

He had to pay for them too cheaper as they were seconds 
    I was watching a rig rundown-style thing from Gibson with Mark Agnesi talking to Slash about his guitars. Agnesi asked if Gibson gave Slash the guitars (one of which became Jessica), he said - basically - no, they did them at cost for the factory seconds.

Agnesi did look a bit aghast at that which was amusing but, to be fair, this was the late 80s and GnR were just getting into their stride. Fender didn't honour probably one of the world's most famous Strat players at the time - Clapton - with their very first signature model until, what? 1988?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1404
    ‘Non weight relieved’…… erm that will be solid then?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19399
    LPManic said:
    Couldn't give two shits
    Constipation can be horrid.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SixStringSageSixStringSage Frets: 135
    randella said:
    impmann said:
    The original Jessica was a factory second and one of two Les Paul™ guitars that Gibson sent to Slash in the late 80s. 

Wow, they really thought a lot of him didn't they? They sent him a factory second...

And now, that factory second (since refinished in sideboard-brown) is being copied and being sold as a premium guitar. Ironic? Much.

Definitely one for diehard Slash fans - as it’s e had to pay for them tooa lot of money for a butt-ugly, brown Les Paul with a shitty, mismatched three piece top. I've seen nicer guitars made by Columbus...

He had to pay for them too cheaper as they were seconds 
    I was watching a rig rundown-style thing from Gibson with Mark Agnesi talking to Slash about his guitars. Agnesi asked if Gibson gave Slash the guitars (one of which became Jessica), he said - basically - no, they did them at cost for the factory seconds.

Agnesi did look a bit aghast at that which was amusing but, to be fair, this was the late 80s and GnR were just getting into their stride. Fender didn't honour probably one of the world's most famous Strat players at the time - Clapton - with their very first signature model until, what? 1988?
    I think we can all agree Gibson has made it up to him by now though! (The video you're talking about is "The Collection" on GibsonTV - lots of really good episodes with various players)

rsvmark said:
    ‘Non weight relieved’…… erm that will be solid then?

Surely weight-relieved guitars still count as solid bodies?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    LPManic said:
    Couldn't give two shits
    Literally stole the words from my lips. All marketing dog shit. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 191
    Minor note, but looking at the photos there's no binding nibs. 
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1432
    Offset said:
    Crikey - £3k for a plain 3-piece top and a Slash squiggle on the back of the headstock.
    They even include a blank truss rod cover just in case you're embarrassed by the Slash signature on the one already fitted!  =)
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386
    randella 

I think we can all agree Gibson has made it up to him by now though! (The video you're talking about is "The Collection" on GibsonTV - lots of really good episodes with various players)

Ah that's the lad! Yeah it was a good watch, the palpable discomfort between the two of them when the subject of the Derrig came up actually felt human which was nice in the face of all the 'Play Authentic' toot. 

Agree they've made up for it since, Christ wouldn't you in Gibson's place? He (Slash) apparently rolled up in Milton Keynes asking about Jubilees at some point post-appetite and they all got off their backsides. Just good business sense :)
  • BGGBGG Frets: 699
    timmypix said:

it looks a hell of a lot better in this video than the product page!

Sounds awful though, way too bright. 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24878
    PPPMAT said:
    I'm waiting for the Derrig - I would love Gibson to do a copy of a knock off, I'm only actually half joking as well.
    EBMM actually did that.

Joe Dart played a cheap and nasty stingray rip off and now EBMM make a £3000 version. 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1436
    Only weirdos name their guitars apparently. Sure i read that on here a few months ago.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24878
    swiller said:
    Only weirdos name their guitars apparently. Sure i read that on here a few months ago.
    Yes. And it’s true. 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom