Shower and shave in the morning or at night?

What's Hot
TimcitoTimcito Frets: 807
I remember my Dad would religiously perform his shave first thing in the morning, which always seemed like an onerous task when it was dark and cold and he was short of time and only barely conscious anyway! Back then, a shower and/or a bath was not a daily requirement, but I don't think any of the four of us had one or the other until the evening.

For me, showering and shaving is something I do before I go to bed. It's a time when I can go slow, take time, and then feel nice and clean before going to bed. What's your preference? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19105
    Depends a lot on what you are shaving.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1490
    edited April 30
    I shower in the mornings, everyday when I've got to go somewhere, every other day when I'm WFH, I have a shave once a fortnight if I need it or not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14462
    tFB Trader
    I shower in the morning - Shave once a week, at best as prefer the stubble

I once heard a phrase/statement that effectively said 'working class shower at night after a good days work - Middle class shower in the morning, before they sit down all day'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2340
    edited April 30
    Definitely shower at night always. You're nice and clean getting into a clean bed then every night.

If it's a hot night I'll jump in shower in morning.

Shaving? Maybe once a fortnight these days. I hate shaving.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2228
    I don't feel right if I haven'r had a shower and shave in the morning.  I also wear a clean / ironed shirt everyday, even though I'm working from home.  
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10304
    edited April 30
    I wouldn't feel comfortable going to work without showering for 10 plus hours or something, and a hot shower in the morning is the best. 

I shave my head twice a week, shave my neck line every day to keep my beard neat and trim the beard once a week. Sometimes I get fed up of the beard and trim it down, but I'll still have a beard.

I'm up and out of the door in 25-30 minutes or so. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    edited April 30
    Anytime - depends on what activities I’ve done or am doing. Usually I shower a couple of times a day sometimes more, and shave as little as I can get away with! 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 437
    I was always the type to shower in the morning, again at night it was a hot day. Shave once a week, mondays. 

Recently, I adopted the warm up to cool down method of lowering your core body temp the the approx 1 degree it takes to induce a good night sleep. Spend about 90 seconds in the shower before bedtime, as hot as I can stand it. Basically triggers your homeostatic negative feedback system to go into cooling mode. 

I've been doing it a couple of weeks now and have noticed a massive improvement in my sleep quality, across the board (confirmed by my fitbit). It's remarkable. Would highly recommend. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1327
    Morning showers always. If you pick your bum/scratch your nads (common) in your sleep, then its a no brainer. Also good to have a shower after the morning crap, else you risk in work skidmarks which can penetrate chairs and then people call you smellypants.  Hair is easier to get smart with morning shower as well.

Dont worry, be silly.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12056
    Shower every morning, shave once a week unless I need to head into an office.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4666
    Have to shower in the morning otherwise I just feel dirty, especially with 4 dogs who like to lean into me in bed.
    But if I have a dump before bed I feel I need a shower to.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27304
    Morning shower otherwise I can't really function as a human being. 

But I live in a stupid hot place so I'll have one in the evening sometimes, and I'll often shave in the eve rather than the morning, mostly to save time pre-work. mind you these days I'm probably only shaving twice a week if I don't have important meetings
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717
    swiller said:
     and then people call you smellypants. 

That still hurts?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24680
    swiller said:
    Morning showers always. If you pick your bum/scratch your nads (common) in your sleep, then its a no brainer. Also good to have a shower after the morning crap, else you risk in work skidmarks which can penetrate chairs and then people call you smellypants.  Hair is easier to get smart with morning shower as well.

Working from home saves a fortune in water! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10474
    Bath, often morning and night. My waters not metered and I'm not a fan of showers.  I enjoy a beer in the bath often with some music on. 
    I have a short beard and just trim once a week 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16184
    Shave every other day
    Shower morning and evening .
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1327
    TTony said:
    swiller said:
     and then people call you smellypants. 

That still hurts?
    like a skewer through my soul
    Dont worry, be silly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11473
    Morning shower.  If I sleep on my hair it will stick out at all kinds of weird angles.  Sometimes get sweaty at night when it's hot and don't want to stink all day.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23218
    Bath in the morning, I've never understood why people bathe or shower at night because surely we sweat - or at least have 7 or 8 hours to get whiffy - in our sleep?

Shave?  Never.