Little things that irrationally irritate you

What's Hot

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4431
    Audiophiles

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1697
    edited July 2
    Haven't read through the full catalogue of woe..but those fkn plastic bottle caps that are now strapped to their containers even after you break the original seal are really starting to get to me.

I know it's to keep the two together to help ensure as much as possible gets recycled - but the hassle getting the bstd lid back on things without cross-threading them is becoming A Real Thing  p
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 705
    People who can't even.
    Lanyards
    "going forward"
    Emotional support water bottles, and the people who call them that.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7367
    when I spot a thread I would love to contribute to but I don't have enough years left to read through every post to make sure I am not going to aggravate the 'doubling-up' Stasi by posting...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    when I spot a thread I would love to contribute to but I don't have enough years left to read through every post to make sure I am not going to aggravate the 'doubling-up' Stasi by posting...
    Pages 4 and 6 FFS....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24841
    Kalimna said:
    Timcito said:
    Snap said:
    Not sure it this is irrational or entirely reasonable but two things that really really get on my nerves are whistling (which is intrusive and moronic) ...
    Even worse are whistlers who clearly think they are good at it!   ;) 
    And there's a particular breed of whistler that adds a warble to the tone, like an off-kilter tremolo/vibrato. 
    It's an age-related effect.  The older the whistler (and it's always a man), the more likely they are to add humongous amounts of vibrato to each note of the tune.  Eventually, it becomes a 16th note at the correct pitch followed by vibrato covering the best part of an octave.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2512
    eBay's "It's not you, it's us" error page.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1429
    "Normalcy".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    I use fusion razors (Gillette not some sort of atomic reaction power) I find it difficult to rinse every last spot of whisker/skin debris from between the blades  even by blasting with the cold tap at high pressure , I’m obviously missing a secret all these years , it annoys me as I feel it’s unsanitary to have bits there fermenting with bacteria . 

Ps talking of Gillette fusion , you know Beckham used them & advertised them I wonder if they gave him a huge carton of blades  I was thinking of the luxury of having a new one each day , wouldn’t that be something 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24204
    Ps talking of Gillette fusion , you know Beckham used them & advertised them I wonder if they gave him a huge carton of blades  I was thinking of the luxury of having a new one each day , wouldn’t that be something 
    I can imagine greater pleasures, probably.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1429
    I use fusion razors (Gillette not some sort of atomic reaction power) I find it difficult to rinse every last spot of whisker/skin debris from between the blades  even by blasting with the cold tap at high pressure , I’m obviously missing a secret all these years , it annoys me as I feel it’s unsanitary to have bits there fermenting with bacteria . 

Maybe you've tried already but what I do is if bashing the fking thing on the sink doesn't dislodge the debris, I use an old toothbrush to brush it all away.  
    Some people also have a small glass of alcohol by the sink all the time where they leave razors (and even toothbrushes) in head down.  One day i might do that as well.  
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    Kalimna said:

And there's a particular breed of whistler that adds a warble to the tone, like an off-kilter tremolo/vibrato. 
    Blame Roger Whittaker.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    Kalimna said:

Blame Roger Whittaker.
    I keep thinking of John Craven and his whistling teeth (that's Countryfile-era Craven, they didn't whistle on Newsround).
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 1021
    edited July 3
    "Normalcy".
    Yes! And 'relevancy' - that's another invented word designed to make the speaker sound a bit more educated over here in the US.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    I really like Colin from The Guitaristas.  Comes across as a really nice guy and I enjoy his guitar reviews on his YouTube channel.  But...

What irritates the living fuck out of me is the way he constantly fiddles around with the tone/volume settings/controls when he's demonstrating a guitar.  It's inbetween every other bloody note he plays and I find it massively annoying.
    edited July 3
    All-over body deodorants. These may not be a 'thing' in the UK, but here in the US, a few manufacturers are in the process of a. persuading women that they are worried about unwanted odour from their tush and their yoni and b. persuading them to buy a special deodorant to protect against this horror: 'Lume: for all those parts where you stink but wish you didn't.'

Men have long been remarkably sensible about and resistant to frivolous and costly body products, but women, as the manufacturers well know, are remarkably insecure and stupid about them. But this latest ploy seems especially manipulative and preposterous, and it irks me whenever the pitch woman's big face fills the screen, all full of earnest missionary zeal, to 'help' women. 'Why has no one else thought of this!' she declares at the end. Because they refused to sink so low?
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8169
    I wish my ex-wife had watched those adverts and given it some thought  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Timcito said:
    All-over body deodorants. These may not be a 'thing' in the UK, but here in the US, a few manufacturers are in the process of a. persuading women that they are worried about unwanted odour from their tush and their yoni and b. persuading them to buy a special deodorant to protect against this horror: 'Lume: for all those parts where you stink but wish you didn't.'
    Yoni?  I haven't heard that word since....1996.  Late night, ITV, Carnal Knowledge with Maria McErlane and Graham Norton.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376

Maybe you've tried already but what I do is if bashing the fking thing on the sink doesn't dislodge the debris, I use an old toothbrush to brush it all away.  
    Some people also have a small glass of alcohol by the sink all the time where they leave razors (and even toothbrushes) in head down.  One day i might do that as well.  
    Good idea on the alcohol but our barret house bathroom is frighteningly small with no room to stand anything . Good idea on the toothbrush, I did used to have a little brush that was designed for electric razors, I think I may get a toothbrush though and use that . Thank you . 
    Philly_Q said:
    Timcito said:
    Yoni?  I haven't heard that word since....1996.  Late night, ITV, Carnal Knowledge with Maria McErlane and Graham Norton.
    I think it has a little more charm than the Fretboard's default term!   ;)