Little things that irrationally irritate you

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24204
    StefB said:
    Similarly, that it is compulsory for Scotsmen to wear a kilt to any wedding or function they attend.  We can tell you are Scottish from your accent.
    CaseOfAce said:
    And seeing blokes in kilts at weddings is tremendously annoying. I get it... you're a proud Scotsman but knock it off with the Brigadoon! 
    Even more annoying when they have an English accent but are so desperate to prove they're really Scottish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4017
    tone1 said:
    Michael McIntyre 
    Sorry but that’s a perfectly rational dislike. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    Philly_Q said:
    StefB said:
    Similarly, that it is compulsory for Scotsmen to wear a kilt to any wedding or function they attend.  We can tell you are Scottish from your accent.
    CaseOfAce said:
    And seeing blokes in kilts at weddings is tremendously annoying. I get it... you're a proud Scotsman but knock it off with the Brigadoon! 
    Even more annoying when they have an English accent but are so desperate to prove they're really Scottish.
    It's very much a tradition for Scottish men to wear kilts at a wedding. Don't think it's anything to do with proving they are Scottish. 
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1569
    Kurtis said:
    Philly_Q said:
    StefB said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    It's very much a tradition for Scottish men to wear kilts at a wedding. Don't think it's anything to do with proving they are Scottish. 
    Indeed. Ive worn a kilt to many events (including my own wedding). Im English and have no desire to provevIm Scottish.
    Kilts are one of the few 'outfits' that even chubby folks like myself look good in. In fact, being skinny is a detriment in this respect :)

I think it's the same for most nationalities. 
    Kalimna said:
    Kurtis said:
    Philly_Q said:
    StefB said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    Indeed. Ive worn a kilt to many events (including my own wedding). Im English and have no desire to provevIm Scottish.
    Kilts are one of the few 'outfits' that even chubby folks like myself look good in. In fact, being skinny is a detriment in this respect :)
    Without wishing to start an endless debate, why do you wear a kilt if you're English?  Genuine curiosity.
    (Incidentally I have never worn a kilt but I know I would look terrible - I'm skinny and have legs like little white twigs.)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8169
    Kalimna said:

Last night I saw photos on Facebook of an ex work colleague in his mid 40s that got married a couple of weeks ago.  I recall seeing photos of him, his two brothers and his Father in kilts at his brother's wedding about 10 years ago when he was a little slimmer.  He was obviously wearing the same traditional jacket he had on with the kilt back then and should really have tried it on a while before the wedding day to see if it still fitted his now portly abdomen.  He looked like a burst couch.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1569
    Philly_Q said:
    Kalimna said:
    Kurtis said:
    Philly_Q said:
    StefB said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    Without wishing to start an endless debate, why do you wear a kilt if you're English?  Genuine curiosity.
    (Incidentally I have never worn a kilt but I know I would look terrible - I'm skinny and have legs like little white twigs.)
    No, it's a very reasonable question. I went to university in Dundee, and it was the 'done thing' for formal student events. There's actually something quite nice about dancing with a heavyweight kilt swishing about. And the little matter of looking good in front of young women also at these events.
    The 2 elephants in the room being choice of tartan and what to wear underneath. Common wisdom would have it that you should only wear your familys tartan, but that's utter nonsense. Wear the colours you like. To paraphrase a couple of kiltmakers i spoke to when buying my own "There's no such thing as family clans anymore, with all the cross-breeding!"
    Choice of underwear? Well, as I said, Im English, and you're either very brave or very stupid if you go commando with a bunch of drunk folk. Plus they're not cheap to clean and wool has a habit of holding on to streaks, if you get my meaning!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Kalimna thanks. :)  I would definitely go for underwear.  Probably cycling shorts to be on the safe side.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5266
    There is a chip shop near me ghat has two portion sizes available.  Large, which I have no problem with. 
    Medium? No, it's small. 
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 1021
    Kalimna said:

Donald Sutherland
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Reverend said:
    There is a chip shop near me ghat has two portion sizes available.  Large, which I have no problem with. 
    Medium? No, it's small. 
    Regular? 

It's usually a bag of chips or a large bag of chips. 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1796
    My new manager spells "know" as "no".

"Please let me no if you need any help with this".

In every single bloody email!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 656
    My new manager spells "know" as "no".

"Please let me no if you need any help with this".

In every single bloody email!

Not so much irritation as basic illiteracy......
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    Timcito said:
    swiller said:.

A pub that doesnt allow you to go to the bar and order a drink and the bouncers enforce it and are very busy doing it.

"A pub that doesn't allow you to go to the bar and order a drink"?? I've never been in such a pub in my life! 
    Ditto 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader

Dominic said:
    Kalimna said:

Plastic bottle tops with an umbilical cord
    Use of fashionable words such as "narrative, boundaries, processing, woke"
    Muppets on the road who don't use indicators
    Muppets on the road who drive 20-30mph under the speed limit, despite it being a nice wide and straight road.
    Touchscreens on anything but a phone (and even then a keypad would be useful)
    QR codes for restaurant menus
    Use of the word "beverage" instead of "drink"
    Folk who say "rosewood neck" on a Strat that clearly has a maple neck with a rosewood FINGERBOARD (you know who you are)

That's all for now :)
    Totally Agree about QR codes for menu .........ghastly
    ......because I really want/need to enlarge a menu on a screen to the point of pixelation before I can read it....one line at a time
    Agree about the QR code issue
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 262
    People who don’t know when to use ‘loose’ and ‘lose’. What a bunch of ‘loosers’ ha ha!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24841
    When I see that the antithesis to this thread, "Little things that irrationally please you" is higher up on the front page than this one.

Nothing more irritating than positivity!
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5228
    drofluf said:
    tone1 said:
    Michael McIntyre 
    Sorry but that’s a perfectly rational dislike. 
    I hadn’t thought it through properly….. =)