Little things that irrationally irritate you

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2976
    I hear this mostly on live news and weather.  TV and radio - they are both as bad.  "and now for YOUR weather".  

Its not my weather - I don't own it - it doesn't belong to me.  Its THE weather.    

Dont make me responsible for it, I've already got enough on my plate.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19798
    Timcito said:
    Genuinely, these moaning threads !

The nature of this forum, and I guess most others too, is that they have become more social media like. 
    There seem to a lot of irritated people out there, who post a thread to moan about their daily lives and activities.

Think of it as a healthy purging of angst!   

The thread was also meant to be lighthearted with people listing daft stuff. 
    Whatever gets you thru the night ! =)

It's all right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 351
    I think the heat has made everyone crabby. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10551
    pt22 said:
    I think the heat has made everyone crabby. 

Yeah, crabs can piss off an all.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 1021
    edited June 26
    Timcito said:

The nature of this forum, and I guess most others too, is that they have become more social media like. 
    There seem to a lot of irritated people out there, who post a thread to moan about their daily lives and activities.

Whatever gets you thru the night !

No harm done. And do keep us posted about any other threads that might fall short. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16340
    Call operators who say the word "yourself" when it should be YOU 
    ie ..."Is there anything else I can do for yourself ?"
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16340
    Roll of Sellotape where you cant find the end ....and even if you can it's impossible to get it .....
    just spent 15 minutes cursing a roll of sellotape this evening
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5749
    BillDL said:
    In furtherance of the examples given by @LionAquaLooper above, one thing that really gets on my tits is when people prefix just about every statement with: "To be fair .....".
    "To be fair he's a bit of a dick" is a condradiction.
    "To be fair he may well be a bit of a dick, but he's harmless" is a valid statement.

Whoops, I just read that again.  I did not intend to infer a link betweenLionAquaLooper and the "he" in the example I chose 
    "To be fair" is normally (and perfectly correctly) used to preface a balancing statement - i.e., one which is contrary to the established theme of the conversation. For example:

Jones from the office gets on my nerves.
    Jones is a micro-manager.
    Jones is a bit of a dick.
    To be fair, Jones was very kind to Williams when he was sick.

Those that think the isle of a supermarket is a good place to stop
    Where is this? Venice?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4803
    Those that think the isle of a supermarket is a good place to stop, with your trolley, block the way, whilst they chat to their mate, family etc - Totally oblivious to the fact that no one else can get past - Some even do it at the entry/exit of the store by the sliding doors - Again totally oblivious to those around them
    AISLE
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24841
    This thread is rapidly turning into everything I hoped 'Shit that boils your piss' would be, but with far more contributions.
    I'm loving it !

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    nero1701 said:
    A cup of tea in a cafe..

which is..a cup of water..no longer boiling(which you need for tea), a teabag in a wrapper on the side and a jug with milk in..

If i'd wanted to make myself, I would have!
    You're in the UK right? You need to travel a bit.

Tea in random cafes across the UK is generally at least drinkable, and quite often very nice. 

Spend a bit of time in Europe, especially Germany but lots of other countries too, and you'll soon be dreaming of the proper cups of tea you get in the UK.

PS: whichever incompetent is running the place you speak of in your post, tell them to eff off back to Germany, where it is ALWAYS done that way. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    Timcito said:
    Timcito said:

Whatever gets you thru the night !

No harm done. And do keep us posted about any other threads that might fall short. 
    I’ll try my best :)

Likewise, please keep supplying us with lots of non-guitar related threads.

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3718
    The word 'but' when used to dismiss something I say or feel.

Crossing boundries or stepping into my personal space uninvited,

People standing staring at a shelf in a supermarket in front of an item I want to pick up.

Large crowds or noisy places,

people in general.

I have a long list .

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    rlw said:
    Those that think the isle of a supermarket is a good place to stop, with your trolley, block the way, whilst they chat to their mate, family etc - Totally oblivious to the fact that no one else can get past - Some even do it at the entry/exit of the store by the sliding doors - Again totally oblivious to those around them
    AISLE
    I promisse to improve my speling 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4017
    My fault for reading trashy novels by the pool but…

Authors, usually American, who slip in a foreign word or phrase that's commonly used in English and then explain it. For example: “Dr O’Fluf was overtaken by a sense of déjà vu, that feeling where he’d seen this before”.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    edited June 27
    Alvin said:
    Slowing down to let someone in - flash lights for them .  They are looking directly at you and sit there going nowhere .   Seems to be happening more the last few years , i think they want you to stop , get out and wave them through.

Two tone knobs - one is plenty .
    That's the highway code though isn't it? Flashing lights should only be to alert somebody else to your presence. A bit like horn beeping, really rubbish way to communicate as everybody can interpret it differently. I just wave people through if I'm feeling kind
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
    rlw said:
    AISLE
    I promisse to improve my speling 

Not befour time to
    Alvin said:
    Slowing down to let someone in - flash lights for them .  They are looking directly at you and sit there going nowhere .   Seems to be happening more the last few years , i think they want you to stop , get out and wave them through.

That's the highway code though isn't it? Flashing lights should only be to alert somebody else to your presence. A bit like horn beeping, really rubbish way to communicate as everybody can interpret it differently. I just wave people through if I'm feeling kind

Come to York and sit in the queue while the driver at the front tries to decide if the green light really means go.   Far too many have to make this decision far too often and it drives me nutty.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10166
    edited June 27
    rlw said:
    Alvin said:

Come to York and sit in the queue while the driver at the front tries to decide if the green light really means go.   Far too many have to make this decision far too often and it drives me nutty.
    I could think of better things to do in York to be honest fair
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights