People eating
    People breathing
    People driving
    People being within my sight
    People being within earshot
    People that don't like my sage green door
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19798
    I'm wondering if I'm actually 'living my best life' ?
    Or am I 'reaching out' by asking?
    This is my truth...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9920
    Cols said:
    HAL9000 said:

People, in restaurants or cafés, who ask ‘Can I get a coffee?’. No, probably best if someone gets it for you. And while we’re at it… you can’t get ‘a’ coffee; you can get ‘some’ coffee or perhaps ‘a cup of’ coffee. 
    On that note:

Coffee shop staff who, when asked for a cup of coffee, insist on asking:

“What kind of coffee?  Espresso, ristretto, cortado, caramel cortado, Americano, cappuccino, flat black, flat white, mocha, latte?”

Either reply in Italian, or tell them to make it like they would at home.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    dazzajl said:
    People!
    People eating
    People breathing
    People driving
    People being within my sight
    People being within earshot
    People that don't like my sage green door
    A few years ago, for Father’s Day, my daughter brought me one of those wooden hang up signs - It says ‘the more people I meet the more I like my dog’
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    Those on motorways that sit in the centre lane- Not over taking anyone - Oblivious to the fact of what they are doing - Is it incompetence or ignorance 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 1021
    edited June 26
    Those screen pop-ups that give you three options: 'Yes,' 'Maybe later' and 'No, thanks.' I want a fourth option: 'No, fuck off, you X!!@%!'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7374
    HAL9000 said:
    Cols said:
    HAL9000 said:

People, in restaurants or cafés, who ask ‘Can I get a coffee?’. No, probably best if someone gets it for you. And while we’re at it… you can’t get ‘a’ coffee; you can get ‘some’ coffee or perhaps ‘a cup of’ coffee. 
    On that note:

“What kind of coffee?  Espresso, ristretto, cortado, caramel cortado, Americano, cappuccino, flat black, flat white, mocha, latte?”

Either reply in Italian, or tell them to make it like they would at home.
    That runs the risk of Maxwell House.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7943
    Cols said:
    HAL9000 said:

On that note:

Prefectly valid response, especially considering that you failed to read the menu on the wall above their heads.

In fact you're original question sounds a bit brainless to them.

You could just learn one new word and say "I would like a white Americano". 

Not hard.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24841
    Threads that ask for irrational irritations that are filled with perfectly rational annoyances.  That's like the song 'Ironic'.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2275
    People who confuse 'infer' and 'imply'.   ;)
    Ha - I was just going to post the same.  :)

I get wound up at the petrol garage by people who sit and wait for pump on the petrol- cap side of their car.  Holding up the queue because they won't stretch the hose.  Also those people who do spend 30 mins shopping at the garage while their car is at the pump.  
    Girls' names that are really boys' names only with funky spellings: Billie, Cydney, Andi, etc. 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3235
    Those on motorways that sit in the centre lane- Not over taking anyone - Oblivious to the fact of what they are doing - Is it incompetence or ignorance 
    They are dangerous, typically because they are asleep. 

Not hard.
    Although, 'an Americano with milk' would confuse them. 
    Women who go shopping in their furry dressing gowns and monster slippers after they've dropped the kids off at school. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1545
    Im with cols on the coffee thing. 
    Mocha bocha skinny fatte latte frappacino.
    Fuck off, give me a coffee you cunt.

What about the teenagers with patronising croakey wokey voices trying to sound like those kardashian tw@s? Gets right on my hampton i tell ye. They should teach geordie accents in schools, then problem solved.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6687
    ‘Mischievious’

Shrews said:
    Women who go shopping in their furry dressing gowns and monster slippers after they've dropped the kids off at school. 
    A related one: gormless husbands in supermarkets who are being instructed what to buy, item-by-item, via cell phone by their wives, who really might have saved themselves the bother and done the job themselves!   
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1579
    A cup of tea in a cafe..

which is..a cup of water..no longer boiling(which you need for tea), a teabag in a wrapper on the side and a jug with milk in..

If i'd wanted to make myself, I would have!
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1468
    edited June 26
    Continuing the supermarket theme - and at the very top of the popper-most when it comes to UK supermarkets above dreadful take it or leave it service, items out of stock, item not placed in bagging area and fewer till staff than England players distinguishing themselves at the Euros is the segment of the population who insist on using the manned till (note the singular) with a handful of items rather than the scan and bag it yourself machines which would be far quicker and not hold me up with a cartful of goods kicking my heels behind you.

Also ... retired old people. You've got all week to do the weekly shop. Why do you insist on doing it at the weekend when the working population actually have a gap in the calendar to go to Tescos and endure this hell??
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • ColsCols Frets: 7374
    Cols said:
    HAL9000 said:

On that note:

Prefectly valid response, especially considering that you failed to read the menu on the wall above their heads.

In fact you're original question sounds a bit brainless to them.

Not hard.
    Of course I do (or at least ask for an Americano, please.  With milk).  But I resent having to do so, especially when it’s pretty bloody obvious what a person wants when they ask for a cup of coffee.  As you’ve cleverly demonstrated above.

Don’t even get me started on the sizes.  I remember walking into one coffee shop, studying the menu, looking the serving girl dead in the eye and saying “Please may I have a Regular Regular Coffee?”.  She was delighted and replied “Thanks!  You’re the first person who’s got that right first time today.  The company make us ask.”

In fact you're your original question sounds a bit brainless to them.

FTFY.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom