Little things that irrationally irritate you

What's Hot

Comments

• BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 693
    Men who wear a polo shirt with the collar turned up.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12505
    "Can I get an Americano?" Do you work here? No you don't so of course you can't fucking get it, I'll get it for you.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6040
    People should be allowed to have whatever the feckin coffee they like but an americano is black coffee. An ‘americano with milk’ or a ‘white americano’ is not an americano. 

If you don’t want an espresso with hot water, you don’t want an americano. As irrational as that rant might be ;)
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    Permitted in strong sun to protect one's neck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24204
    I can't stand polo shirts.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2563
    The inability of people to merge in turn
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31346
    Cliches irk me.

I avoid cliches like the plague.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7374
    "Can I get an Americano?" Do you work here? No you don't so of course you can't fucking get it, I'll get it for you.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    edited June 26
    'Get', can be used in different ways though. Including "to receive".
    "What did you get for your birthday?" 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24841
    Shoppers who light up the second they get out of the supermarket, then stand there whilst all their stale fag smoke blows into the shop.

Shoppers who don't take the trolley back.

Supermarkets that move stock around so you can never fucking find it.

Shoppers - almost always older women - who wait until the total is displayed at the checkout before starting to search for their bloody purse in the bottomless cravasse of their bag.

People dithering over which fucking scratchcards their going to waste their money on whilst there's a bloody queue building up at the checkout.

Supermarket staff who, when asked about the location of a product, take you to the spot you've already looked in (and have already told them this) and look themselves before telling you it's not there.  Really ????   Do you think I left my white stick at home ???   I did this last week - I asked a pharmacist in Tesco for a Covid test.  He said there were on the main floor, at the end of aisle six.  I went there - shoe polish and laces.  Went back to the pharmacist to check. "They should be there!" - he comes out onto the main floor and walks to the end of aisle six.  Looks at the shoe polish and laces and says "Oh - they're not here!".  He grabs two passing female colleagues and asks one if she knows where the Covid tests are.  He tells her they should be on the end of aisle six (pointing to the four little shelves at the end of aisle six, filled with shoe polish and laces).  She then stands in front of the end of aisle six and looks for Covid tests, before concluding they weren't there.  She then asks her friend - who does the same fucking thing.  I swear, at this point I started laughing, because I was expecting a camera crew to appear from 'you've been framed'.

Not one of them could see why I was laughing.  Unbelievable !
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2008
    CaseOfAce said:
    Continuing the supermarket theme - and at the very top of the popper-most when it comes to UK supermarkets above dreadful take it or leave it service, items out of stock, item not placed in bagging area and fewer till staff than England players distinguishing themselves at the Euros is the segment of the population who insist on using the manned till (note the singular) with a handful of items rather than the scan and bag it yourself machines which would be far quicker and not hold me up with a cartful of goods kicking my heels behind you.

Also ... retired old people. You've got all week to do the weekly shop. Why do you insist on doing it at the weekend when the working population actually have a gap in the calendar to go to Tescos and endure this hell??
    People who say Tescos.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:

Shoppers - almost always older women - who wait until the total is displayed at the checkout before starting to search for their bloody purse in the bottomless cravasse of their 
    And  then start talking to the till staff ‘how is your mum  - not seen her for ages- tell her I asked after her ‘ etc etc - Totally unaware that others are waiting to get to the check out

same at the Post Office or bank/building society till etc
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 417
    The school run and the danger the parents themselves cause .    Yet we keep hearing roads outside schools should be 20mph .   
       Ok yes make them 20mph , but for the childrens safety also ban the parents.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24204
    Emp_Fab said:
    Shoppers - almost always older women - who wait until the total is displayed at the checkout before starting to search for their bloody purse in the bottomless cravasse of their bag.
    Similarly on buses, trains or tube stations.  I'm generally of the opinion that women are far more organised and practical than men, but a surprisingly large number seem to be genuinely surprised every time they arrive at a barrier and are expected to produce some kind of ticket.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1429
    edited June 26
    Go Compare
    Meerkats
    Every car ad on TV. Never any traffic in them rendering them unrealistic. 
    Every aftershave/perfume ad on TV. Too much French whispering. 
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 417
    Slowing down to let someone in - flash lights for them .  They are looking directly at you and sit there going nowhere .   Seems to be happening more the last few years , i think they want you to stop , get out and wave them through.

Two tone knobs - one is plenty .
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1429
    Alvin said:
    Slowing down to let someone in - flash lights for them .  They are looking directly at you and sit there going nowhere .   Seems to be happening more the last few years , i think they want you to stop , get out and wave them through.
    Ha maybe they're from abroad. In every other country I've driven in, flashing your lights means "dont you dare fking move". 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9920
    Alvin said:

Two tone knobs - one is plenty .
    As the owner of a 5E3 type I completely agree with you. There’s something very ‘direct’ about having fewer tone controls in the way.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9770
    Timcito said:
    Genuinely, these moaning threads !

The nature of this forum, and I guess most others too, is that they have become more social media like. 
    There seem to a lot of irritated people out there, who post a thread to moan about their daily lives and activities.

Think of it as a healthy purging of angst!   

The thread was also meant to be lighthearted with people listing daft stuff. 
    Whatever gets you thru the night ! =)

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3437
    Brio said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    Continuing the supermarket theme - and at the very top of the popper-most when it comes to UK supermarkets above dreadful take it or leave it service, items out of stock, item not placed in bagging area and fewer till staff than England players distinguishing themselves at the Euros is the segment of the population who insist on using the manned till (note the singular) with a handful of items rather than the scan and bag it yourself machines which would be far quicker and not hold me up with a cartful of goods kicking my heels behind you.

Also ... retired old people. You've got all week to do the weekly shop. Why do you insist on doing it at the weekend when the working population actually have a gap in the calendar to go to Tescos and endure this hell??
    People who say Tescos.
    I think they mean Tesco's.

Misuse of apostrophes for me. And pedants.

Oh wait!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom