Little things that irrationally irritate you

What's Hot
TimcitoTimcito Frets: 1021
Apart from the obvious ones like people who whistle, or post threads about minor irritations, what behaviours niggle you for no good reason?

I'll add people who open guitar forum threads with just a link and no explanation and American parents (fathers, I'm guessing!) who give their sons their own names and then put II or III after it. Also people (usually men) who stick their hand out for me to shake (Why??) and people (usually men) who speak loudly on headset devices as they're walking around public places.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9920
    edited June 26
    Being told my call is important when, clearly, if it was that important the company concerned would employ more call handlers.

People who use ‘either’ when there are more than two options.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7849
    HAL9000 said:
    Being told my call is important when, clearly, if it was that important the company concerned would employ more call handlers.
    At my previous employer I campaigned for our message to be, "we are not really interested in your call, and can't really help, are you sure you want to stay on the line" as that was basically what you could expect CS to do with the support they had.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1146
    People who play shit music really loud in cars. Or at home so you can hear it in your garden. Seems like the worse the music taste the louder it is. I wouldn't mind that much if the music was actually good but more often than not it isn't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11500
    Shaking hands was apparently a sign that you had nothing to hide in your dominant, right hand.

People who stop at the top or bottom of escalators, oblivious to the fact that they are blocking, usually dangerously, the way of others.

People with a large, opened umbrella in one hand which is waving about almost uncontrollably and a mobile phone in the other, which is the sole focus of their attention. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31346
    Split infinitives in thread titles......

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12687
    Particularly people with handbags but anyone who cues for ages to buy something then starts looking rooting around for their debit card when the person asks for the money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 476
    People that say expresso or guesstimate.

1 - it's not that difficult to say espresso.
    2 - just say either guess or an estimate, not both.

Irrational? Yes, but also justified.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 1021
    edited June 26
    Facial stubble. Holy crap, can you not go out in public without looking as though you've just been dragged through a hedge backwards?! 
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1430
    "Could of".  
    "Narrative".
    "Needless to say" followed by words
    "No offence but" followed by words

People who don't take their rucksacks off when boarding a crowded train
    People who slurp when drinking a hot drink.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 924
    "Could of".  
    "Narrative".
    "Needless to say" followed by words
    "No offence but" followed by words

People who don't take their rucksacks off when boarding a crowded train
    People who slurp when drinking a hot drink.

Slurping brings out the flavour!

...and stops you burning your mouth. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31346
    Using 'myself' or 'yourself' instead of you and me.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8169
    edited June 26
    In furtherance of the examples given by @LionAquaLooper above, one thing that really gets on my tits is when people prefix just about every statement with: "To be fair .....".
    "To be fair he's a bit of a dick" is a condradiction.
    "To be fair he may well be a bit of a dick, but he's harmless" is a valid statement.

Whoops, I just read that again.  I did not intend to infer a link betweenLionAquaLooper and the "he" in the example I chose 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 26
    BillDL said:
    In furtherance of the examples given by @LionAquaLooper above, one thing that really gets on my tits is when people prefix just about every statement with: "To be fair .....".
    "To be fair he may well be a bit of a dick, but he's harmless" is a valid statement.

Whoops, I just read that again.  I did not intend to infer a link betweenLionAquaLooper and the "he" in the example I chose 
    Haha!  "To be fair" I didn't interpret it that way so you're alright mate
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8169
    Timcito said:
    Facial stubble. Holy crap, can you not go out in public without looking as though you've just been dragged through a hedge backwards?! 
    I've often pondered whether being dragged through a hedge forwards would result in the same degree of dishevelment.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4834
    BillDL said:

People who confuse 'infer' and 'imply'.   ;)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 417
    I know two people who very often end and start a new sentence with TBF  ( can't bring myself to type it).

How are you .    Random people and using it as a greeting (just had a telesales using it ).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 319
    People who think the doorway of a pub is a good place to stand. People in front of you at the pub who don't know what they want to drink - even worse if they're ale bores who want to taste each of the six bitters on offer and take their time over it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Alvin said:

How are you .    Random people and using it as a greeting (just had a telesales using it ).
    I know someone whose absolute pet peeve was a reply of "I'm good" instead of "I'm fine".

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15023
    tFB Trader
    Those that think the isle of a supermarket is a good place to stop, with your trolley, block the way, whilst they chat to their mate, family etc - Totally oblivious to the fact that no one else can get past - Some even do it at the entry/exit of the store by the sliding doors - Again totally oblivious to those around them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24842
    People who start another thread when there is already a perfectly good one already in existence covering the exact same subject.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom