Flippers…(not the Dolphin kind)

What's Hot

Comments

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 3017
    mgaw said:

...and occasionally, god forbid, a profit.

Did you mean 'god willing'? Or is god an anti-capitalist?  :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 501
    I like the relic work on this own - much more McReady-esque than the Fender signature version
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7122
    mgaw said:

somewhat ironically one of the posters on this thread is a multi identity serial flipper both here and across various platforms.

BURN THE WITCH!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1788
    soma1975 said:
    mgaw said:

somewhat ironically one of the posters on this thread is a multi identity serial flipper both here and across various platforms.

BURN THE WITCH!
    Oooh now that's put the cat amongst the pigeons. 

Mark, by that do you mean multi identities across all platforms or multiple identities on here?

If it's the latter then surely this needs reporting to the mods, as that's just shady behaviour.  
  • JayceroseJaycerose Frets: 13
    Well now this thread took a bit of a left turn... If the original poster was offered the guitar back at the exact price paid before he decided to post this rant and make an attempt to sabotage the sale he seriously owes an apology to the current owner 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • AdRock82AdRock82 Frets: 43
    Jaycerose said:
    Well now this thread took a bit of a left turn... If the original poster was offered the guitar back at the exact price paid before he decided to post this rant and make an attempt to sabotage the sale he seriously owes an apology to the current owner 
    This is 100% indeed what happened. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11497
    tFB Trader
    This always happens ... get a thread that mentions flipping and the whole thing turns into a shit show. 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9001
    Gandalph said:

Mark, by that do you mean multi identities across all platforms or multiple identities on here?

If it's the latter then surely this needs reporting to the mods, as that's just shady behaviour.  
    A combination of our processes, knowledgeable members, and sellers’ assessment of risk to their business, mean that it’s a rare occurrence. Imagine having a permanent announcement on the internet telling the world about deceitful tactics you’ve used. 

More common are threads like these, which end up pointing out the economics of buying and selling guitars. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1369
    mgaw said:
    This topic has been done to absolute death on here. Ffs. Bloke sells guitar to other bloke.  Other bloke then sells it (hoping for more perhaps) or in this case to cover the cost of said guitar.
    in this market very little is going to sell for what “used to be the norm”

most of us will have taken hits selling gear, sometimes even breaking even and occasionally, god forbid, a profit.

once a sale is concluded it has fuck all to do with anyone else apart from the current owner what happens next.

thats his business and none of mine, or indeed anyone else’s, I wouldn’t deal with him personally but if he offers an amount that was acceptable then who wouldn’t be happy to take it?

For those of us who don't know, who is it?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24815
    S56035 said:
    mgaw said:
    For those of us who don't know, who is it?
    No idea, and I doubt anyone's going to say.
  • JR-GibboManJR-GibboMan Frets: 88
    I love this forum..comments about a guy who bought a guitar to sell on to make money in a time where everyone is struggling financially..all negative comments from people who have bought guitars and lost money on them all..
    Well done to this guy for trying to make some money on a guitar rather than losing money on one..I know what I'd rather do.

See all you guys who are complaining about flippers, try it yourself and you'll make money and be able to afford the guitars that you really want but can't buy because "the boss" will find out about it..ffs grow up guys.

WELL DONE - I HOPE HE GETS HIS FULL ASKING PRICE!

MON THE FLIPPERS!
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 340
    edited July 28
    EBay does hold your money for a month now FYI. I’ve sold a guitar and two pedals recently and all three had the 30 hold. Also worth mentioning that if you allow collection but they pay via eBay you still have to honour the 30 money back guarantee (which I suppose is fair enough if it’s something electronic, but with guitars I if they inspected it and were happy then a return shouldn’t be an option).
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5472
    I love this forum..comments about a guy who bought a guitar to sell on to make money in a time where everyone is struggling financially..all negative comments from people who have bought guitars and lost money on them all..
    Well done to this guy for trying to make some money on a guitar rather than losing money on one..I know what I'd rather do.

See all you guys who are complaining about flippers, try it yourself and you'll make money and be able to afford the guitars that you really want but can't buy because "the boss" will find out about it..ffs grow up guys.

MON THE FLIPPERS!
    A very spirited defence indeed! 29 forum visits in 5 years!!! Then you pop up to say this 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:

MON THE FLIPPERS!
    A very spirited defence indeed! 29 forum visits in 5 years!!! Then you pop up to say this 
    what difference does that make? I've got a life..I don't sit on forums all day every day talking nonsense about stuff.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5472
    edited July 28
    None really. You own the Guitar Trade Centre in Glasgow so I imagine you are busy running that.  
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:

MON THE FLIPPERS!
    what difference does that make? I've got a life..I don't sit on forums all day every day talking nonsense about stuff.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:
    None really. You own the Guitar centre in Glasgow So I would imagine you are busy running that
    yup that's correct..so what was the point of your comment?
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 768
    Well done to this guy for trying to make some money on a guitar rather than losing money on one..This is what I do.

MON THE FLIPPERS!
    Fixed this for you given you’re a shop owner!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24815
    Well this is all rather jolly.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TDubs said:
    Well done to this guy for trying to make some money on a guitar rather than losing money on one..This is what I do.

MON THE FLIPPERS!
    Fixed this for you given you’re a shop owner!
    awesome..thanks for that...that's how it's done..none of this losing money on guitars stuff..mugs game that and a total drain on resources.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.