Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Massive Peavey Auction!

What's Hot

Comments

• so how does this work online - do you just put in a bid for what item you want.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oof. Just been through the whole lot...there are some quite brilliant bits of kit buried in there, some of which most people won't spot. I'm seriously tempted to pop along...
    <space for hire>
  • so how does this work online - do you just put in a bid for what item you want.
    Yeah, subject to the 10 minute rule - if anybody bids in the last 10 minutes, the auction is extended to 10 minutes past the time of the that bid.
    <space for hire>
  • there are some very expensive pieces of kit there
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2435
    I wonder why they haven't asked one/some of the larger retail shops to sell all the musical gear at blowout prices, like Andertons have done recently with Line6 and Charvel stuff etc?
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    they will probably make more money this way as they are selling to consumers in a lot of cases...big retailers will want to blow them out at low prices so wholesale price will be very low.
    Oof. Just been through the whole lot...there are some quite brilliant bits of kit buried in there, some of which most people won't spot. I'm seriously tempted to pop along...
    can you see the catalogue? i tried downloading but the link didnt work
  • Some of that stuff is returns and B-grade, presumably you'd be bidding in the dark, nothing in the catalogue I can see about working/not working
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan said:
    can you see the catalogue? i tried downloading but the link didnt work
    PDF:
    http://www.peacockauction.co.uk/files/catalogues/online_timed_auction_musical_instruments_amplifiers_and_speakers_2014_11_25.pdf

The search isn't working on the site, but go here:

Change the last number in the URL to the number of the lot in the catalogue, and you can view the detail (including a photo).
    <space for hire>
  • I'm gonna go as its on my doorstep, will report back for people if wanted?

thanks...got it...

i found what i would buy if the price is ok.

@digitalscream if you go and can be bothered buying on my behalf, let me know.

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    edited November 2014
    All this talk of people going - isn't this an online auction?

Granted you can view stuff in the run up to the auction.

Apologies in advance if I'm wrong - the auction site isn't mobile friendly so I'm zooming round reading it and might have missed something.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Yep - but you can go along and view stuff on the 22nd and 24th.
    <space for hire>

oh i thought you could buy at the site too... 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6414
    Should kill the Peavey brand for a year or two, certainly the s/h market.

Lots of PA, Trace Elliot, Budda gear and speaker cabs to suit anyone.

Not sure I need a whole pallet of miscellaneous resistors ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    edited November 2014
  • Thread number 3 on this I think.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    oops sorry
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12720
    Remember people - *all* of this stuff is returns (manufacturer B stock is mainly service/warranty repairs that have been repaired into a serviceable condition but may exhibit some useage marks). Some of it may have been reworked/fixed, some of it may not - so whilst it may look like sale of the century bear in mind it may need a repair before bidding. The best advice is assume it doesn't work - and then anything that does is a bonus. If it were any good, it would have been shipped to the states... 

Its a very sad time for Peavey UK - back in the day, my first visit to a manufacturer's facility was to Corby for some training in PA set up etc. They were really professional and great folks to deal with from a retailers point of view (mid 90s this was). To see the place cleared out like this is a sign of the times, but not one I'm comfortable with. I hope all those who have lost their jobs find new ones soon.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    impmann said: 
    Its a very sad time for Peavey UK - back in the day, my first visit to a manufacturer's facility was to Corby for some training in PA set up etc. They were really professional and great folks to deal with from a retailers point of view (mid 90s this was). To see the place cleared out like this is a sign of the times, but not one I'm comfortable with. I hope all those who have lost their jobs find new ones soon.

Yeah, well said...in the midst of bargain shopping we forget that background to this...and the people who lost their jobs really sucks!