Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Massive Peavey Auction!

What's Hot

Comments

• Remember also the tight windows for collection of what you have bought from the premises .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I were to be in the market for a first bass and small combo what should I go for from that lot?
  • nickp said:
    oops sorry
    how dare you try and be helpful? What were you thinking?

:-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In the name of all that is holy, I hope there aren't going to be a shed load of people trying out this gear on Saturday morning.  I've been to Dawsons on a Saturday, but I think this could really push me to the limit.

Saying that, I do have my eye on those lever arch files.  I may have to snap them up.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    @longshins ;
    Yes please! 

Would anyone local consider picking something up for me and couriering it if I paid? I'm after a forklift ;) 

I'm thinking about a couple 6505+ goodies, if I can get there to pick it up (When do you have to collect what you win?) If not would someone local fancy picking up a 6505+ 112 combo and couriering it if I paid for it all + a bit of beer money for yourself? 
    Those combos were going for £350 recently. Will have to see how cheap everything goes though as I have no idea! Would love to win a 6505 combo for £50 if I could though. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    samzadgan said:
    can you see the catalogue? i tried downloading but the link didnt work
    PDF:

The search isn't working on the site, but go here:

Change the last number in the URL to the number of the lot in the catalogue, and you can view the detail (including a photo).
    Thanks to that second link I have now invented a brilliant game! 
    Stick the URL in the search bar and smash any number 1-1453 onto the end of it and see what crops up. there's some weird stuff up for auction. Pallet of rubber feet anyone? 
    'Awibble'
  • Fuck yeah!

A beko glacial refrigerator.

In all seriousness, there are a few things I might have a punt at, on the off chance I get lucky and win them for peanuts.

How does the auction work? Just sign up, log in, view lots and bid? Never done anything outside eBay before really...

Hopefully I'll be able to visit Saturday. However, I'm a bit wary that it might all just not work!
    Who else is secretly hoping they'll buy stuff and the auction will be run by this man
    'Awibble'
  • Well, I've signed up to bidspotter.

What a shitty website.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Hertz32 said:
    @longshins ;
    Yes please! 

Would anyone local consider picking something up for me and couriering it if I paid? I'm after a forklift ;) 

I'm thinking about a couple 6505+ goodies, if I can get there to pick it up (When do you have to collect what you win?) If not would someone local fancy picking up a 6505+ 112 combo and couriering it if I paid for it all + a bit of beer money for yourself? 
    Those combos were going for £350 recently. Will have to see how cheap everything goes though as I have no idea! Would love to win a 6505 combo for £50 if I could though. 
    I could probably help you out with collection. I live about an hour south of Corby
    I reckon you live about an hour (ish) south of me.
    As long as all i have to do is rock up and collect the stuff, i will do it for you if you contribute to petrol money and put the kettle on when i get to you, (it's only a Ford KA and i have many Pink Floyd albums to play in the car).
    PM me and keep in touch if you want me to help you out.
    :)
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Well, I've signed up to bidspotter.

What a shitty website.

Yeah I signed up yesterday..added a bunch of stuff to my wishlist...gonna keep an eye on it and see where the prices go.

basically, if i can get something (inlcuding fees) for half to 2/3rds of second hand price i would do it on the Peavey stuff...for the budda stuff, i would look for stupid cheap.  

• samzadgan said:
    Well, I've signed up to bidspotter.

What a shitty website.

Yeah I signed up yesterday..added a bunch of stuff to my wishlist...gonna keep an eye on it and see where the prices go.

basically, if i can get something (inlcuding fees) for half to 2/3rds of second hand price i would do it on the Peavey stuff...for the budda stuff, i would look for stupid cheap.  

I'm basically looking for stupid cheap, full stop. 

There are maybe one or two (or ten) amps I'm interested in, and a few other bits and bobs.  
  • Well, I have 100 things in my wish list. 

This could be pricey, but most likely I'll get nothing :)
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Well, I have 100 things in my wish list. 

There's only 3 peavey models I'm looking at...the fact that they might not work is starting to put me off, even at cheap rates
  • samzadgan;416487" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Well, I have 100 things in my wish list. 

There's only 3 peavey models I'm looking at...the fact that they might not work is starting to put me off, even at cheap rates
    Yeah, it depends how cheap, I need to factor in quite a long car journey.

Plus space considerations. I need to get rid of my digital piano... I never use it anyway.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    I always fancied the Peavey Jack Daniels (classic 30) amp...

But they were too expensive and short on numbers... I touched one once though...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6414
    Other one (Spidey/Fat Git) moved to parody.

I can say Fat Git 'cos I are one ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • As well as the 20.5% buyers fee(+VAT) + 20 % VAT on your winning bid, if you look closely you will see that there are reserve prices on all the items so NOTHING will be won at a giveaway price and unsold lots will be disposed of afterwards. This is a very clever way of achieving a good price with no come back whatsoever. So if you won an item for £200 you will end up paying £40 vat + £49.20 buyers fee resulting in a total of £289.20 - and that's assuming you're over the reserve price. I thought it was too good to be true and as usual - it was!
  • Just bagged an At-200 for £80 and a Millenium 5 String bass for £100 from their eBay store.