Major GAS: Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9704
    nickb_boy said:
    @Wazmeister;546698" said:
    Sent back im afraid
    I'm assuming you made the correct choice and just exchanged it for a Randys Revenge?? ;)

Yeh, right...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited March 2015
    Did Coda not give any feedback on it? I'm interested if it was broken or just too lofi for your tastes.

I love the Maude and plan on a few more Fairfields.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    This thread is no good for GAS...im trying to stay away from FC...i dont need another EQD/BAT to eat all my money...and its even more expensive too...

If threads had doors i would lock this one and throw away the keys!
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    samzadgan said:
    This thread is no good for GAS...im trying to stay away from FC...i dont need another EQD/BAT to eat all my money...and its even more expensive too...

If threads had doors i would lock this one and throw away the keys!
    I think wazmeister would agree with this 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sam you don't own a Fairfield? You're membership to tfb elite has been revoked. Go spend that £100 on Prymaxe on a Fairfield ;-)
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7304
    Hello. A certain board member will get chance to try 5 of the 7 fairlfields this very weekend
    A key that opens many doors is a good key. A door that is opened by many keys is a bad door. I read that earlier in an argument about feminism.
    All those key metaphors sound like penis envy to me
    What is it with you offset lovers and penis
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    A key that opens many doors is a good key. A door that is opened by many keys is a bad door. I read that earlier in an argument about feminism.
    Isn't this just trying to say a guy would be called a stud where as a woman would be a slut??

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Shut up Nick
    No Nick, it's saying aspire to be more than a caretaker
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    GavHaus said:
    I just really like penis
    I'm pretty sure @Lew does too

especially when its tapping at his unlocked back door. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Never leave the back door unlocked
    Funnily enough I'm off work sick at the mo and my back door sure does feel unlocked. I'm not sure anyone would wanna tap it right now unless they wanted the sexual equivalent experience of the Meet Maude.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9704
    edited March 2015
    I'll tell you where I am guys...

I'm lucky to have had, and still have, access to a lot of nice, quality gear. So, ive started to 'diversify' and try some more weird, unusual analogue pedals...

And most of em have ended back on the forum. Ultimately disappointing for me personally, BUt Ive have found that a lot of those sounds can be achieved by other means. Treble, bass control on your guitars for a start...

The Meet Maude, I would imagine, would be too extreme for me. The MM sounded too dark, and oscilates way too easily for my needs. Interestingly, I tried to duplicate the settings on the ultra clean (allegedly) Flight Time... And they were stunning. Dimes the treble down, and produced some glorious inspirational stuff...

Each to his own; ive heard some of Gavs lovely tones, and it works for him...

i think you flatter yourself...Maud is a bit of a rollercoaster ride...
    edited March 2015
    Problem ofcourse with treble on your guitar is the unaffected signal is dark aswell making it impossible to use the Maude as a bed of delay and noise which in practice is what I imagine it's being used for alot.

Is it not a similar deal with the OBN oil can? That's incredibly dark?

You don't have to justify it though Warren, different strokes :-)
    There's some fairly scruffy playing here,cand it's an overly long video of me putting little more than a doodle down, AND it's recorded on an iPad.... But all the delay on this is the Maude. Other contributors are a Mr Black Supermoon, an Eterna, a Randy's Revenge, and an instant Lo-Fi Junky. I think this is a reasonable representation of the Maudes tone though.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom