Major GAS: Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude

What's Hot

Comments

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    And as a side note d'ya know if Don is doing a 5K EGDM as well as the others I've seen pop up?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yep like that. Sounds amazing Gav.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    That does sound good. It actually doesn't sound dark to me...but then again I like dark delays.

I don't think I would get the MM, too much similarities to my DTSnr...

But there is the barbershop and accountant!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9629
    Lew said:
    Problem ofcourse with treble on your guitar is the unaffected signal is dark aswell making it impossible to use the Maude as a bed of delay and noise which in practice is what I imagine it's being used for alot.

Is it not a similar deal with the OBN oil can? That's incredibly dark?

You don't have to justify it though Warren, different strokes :-)

Lew, the MM is nowhere near the OBNE imho. Stunning pedal, darker but also you can get varied tones.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7228
    I've got the tone rolled quite high on this, as the blooms take on a more wobbly quality the more treble you add. Well, to my ear, anyway. It oscillates more too, hence the enormous fun at the end of the video.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9629
    GavHaus said:
    There's some fairly scruffy playing here,cand it's an overly long video of me putting little more than a doodle down, AND it's recorded on an iPad.... But all the delay on this is the Maude. Other contributors are a Mr Black Supermoon, an Eterna, a Randy's Revenge, and an instant Lo-Fi Junky. I think this is a reasonable representation of the Maudes tone though.

and there is the rub Gav; nice tones but there are FIVE pedals to get those tones. Big cost, big power, big boards.
    The others are only doing the loop under it, Maude is dry for what I'm actually playing. Take your point though; I bought it for the exact reason that it gives me something different. have the Empress for all my "normal" delays
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11994
    Lol 5?!

For me, it stays on the board, Timeline for "normal", MM for "weird".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Maude is my normal delay :-! Think I need a Kilobyte asap
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    5 pedals for one sound... I only have 7 pedals and one of those is a tuner and three are dirt :-(

I need a bigger board!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Well it's not really. There's a ring mod into a reverb playing 1 layer. Then there's a clean arpeggio part. Then there's the stringsy part which is eterna into zvex, which sits the part in its own separate EQ.... And finally the bit I'm playing is just Maude.
    dont come here with your witch craft. I rarely have more than one pedal on the go. 
    2 is exotic and 3 is unheard of :-P

but fuzz + eventide space + reverse delay (mode C) on the empress gets some interesting looks at practice. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    That sounds like my kinda noise
    Yea thats what I meam @Gavhaus. I need a Kilo for my normal delays. I can relate @meltedbuzzbox we need to up our pedal buyin game :-!
    its sort of like launching multiple bee hives through a wood chipper. 
    Lew said:
    Yea thats what I meam @Gavhaus. I need a Kilo for my normal delays. I can relate @meltedbuzzbox we need to up our pedal buyin game :-!
    I have bought over 90 pedals in the last 18 months... it was like a bad habbit 

Strick no pedal diet from now on (once my custom order arrives)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What ya ordered?
    Axefx? :-p
    all will be revealed. :-)

nothing as exotic as an axefx, I wouldn't know what to do with it.