Major GAS: Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude

What's Hot

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7213
    I've got three pedals on my gas list. The third is a distant third too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    GavHaus said:
    I've got three pedals on my gas list. The third is a distant third too.
    Joyo delay, boss metal zone and a Digitech clapton crossroads?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015
    I am guessing mr black and that weird TMA thing you showed me earlier. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    That Great divide, an old blood noise precession, and a Caroline Wave Cannon mkII in third.
    This is before Mr black unleash their newies
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Last time i saw your board there was no room for more pedals...are you now getting a bigger board or adding a second board to the mix?
    Neither! I could fit the procession in I think. (Have been measuring!). The other 2 would cause issues.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    edited March 2015
    Lew said:
    Yea thats what I meam @Gavhaus. I need a Kilo for my normal delays. I can relate @meltedbuzzbox we need to up our pedal buyin game :-!
    I have bought over 90 pedals in the last 18 months... it was like a bad habbit 

Strick no pedal diet from now on (once my custom order arrives)

how many of the 90 do you still have ?

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Could put a riser over my power supply though :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sounds like a plan!
    Paul_C said:
    Lew said:
    Yea thats what I meam @Gavhaus. I need a Kilo for my normal delays. I can relate @meltedbuzzbox we need to up our pedal buyin game :-!
    I have bought over 90 pedals in the last 18 months... it was like a bad habbit 

Strick no pedal diet from now on (once my custom order arrives)

how many of the 90 do you still have ?

as of today 11.

Just 3 more to sell and I am all done
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    that's some turn over :)

even 11 is four fewer than I have now (with one still on the way) so 8 is plainly ridiculous !

;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    At one point I had thirty+ in a double cupboard, 14 pedals on the board and 6 setup at home on my amp.  
    That was the point when I realised I needed to stop. 

To be fair I am happy with my 8 now. I have enough issues singing and playing without going all michael flatley on my board as well. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    So, which 8 do you have?
    I dont think i bought as many as you (not too far off) but i've now just got 1 board with 7 pedals...and i find the shrink down to be quite liberating.

With the small board i've found "my" sound...which is something i could never do when i had 12 or 13 pedals on the board.
    @Teetonal - Whammy 5, Empress Multi Drive, Langtronics Bone Collector, Nobels ODR-S, Pitchblack poly, Eventide Space and Empress Super delay vintage modified on the board then I have a Mr Black Darling fuzz that is currently off the board. 

@samzadgan I agree mate, less feels like more in a weird way. Technically I have more than the 7 on my board as the space has 100 presets and the empress delay has 8/9 presets to use as well. Even my multi drive has 2 settings. 
    I think I could get by with 2 drives and a tuner but I like to have some weirdness under foot just in case. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Agree with the less is more theme. I have had 6 for a while now and seems to be the sweet spot for me, adding more I find you have to spend more time with buffers etc to get a good tone and also I tend not to get the best out of them all. I'm rather embarressed to say that I've only recently discovered great new sounds out of my one-knob phaser, which I've had for the best part of a year! It's so easy to set and forget and not experiment or think you need new pedals!