Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Pedalboard aspirations 2015.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30951
edited December 2014 in FX
So what are you thinking of and where going? MIDI switcher? Downsize? Upscale?

Me-

I am desperate to find a Cornish TES 240v with modulations - I refuse to pay over £1500 for one and they're going for £2000+ If I could find the original mark 1 with the boss switches I'd deffo have it- it footswitches between tape and digital which the mark 2 doesn't and it goes further in delay darkness. If I do I'll ditch the Free the tone, and probably both modulation pedals. Might keep modulations though -undecided.

I have an OC1 incoming 1s quarter next year- the Cornish Comp.

If I could find a superflanger I would kill for one.

I might also go back to one amp as I always, always end up flicking the Hiwatt on. It sounds better at low vols than the princeton does on medium ones.

So- a kind of upquality, downscale.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Not sure. Right now, my setup is extremely stripped down, for me anyway! Volume pedal and wah are constants. Now it's just with a Zoom G3, Phase 90, and a Boss tuner.

I am very curious about the Fractal FX8. On paper it would do everything I want, and apparently the 4-cable-method performance is exceptional. So it is giving me pause for thought. Initially I was worried about the price... but fuck it... you only live once!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    I'm intruiged by the Fractal have to say.....Scott Petersen has been helping with the patches etc and he is very knowledgable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660
    I have 3 pedals on my list.

Wampler Velvet Fuzz
    EQD The Depths
    EHX B9 or C9 (not sure which yet)

I would quite like a good tap tempo delay but I haven't researched them yet.
    I have 3 pedals on my list.

Wampler Velvet Fuzz
    EQD The Depths
    EHX B9 or C9 (not sure which yet)

I would quite like a good tap tempo delay but I haven't researched them yet.
    Do consider Chrono. It's bloody brilliant.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was looking at the FX8 as well but for the money, I could just use the same pedals I
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Gassage said:
    I'm intruiged by the Fractal have to say.....Scott Petersen has been helping with the patches etc and he is very knowledgable.
    Yeah but he's a cunt.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Definitely going MIDI, and upping the quality of the pedals I do have.
    Gonna Sell my Joyo US Drive probably, as it's covered by Jamup and get a BOSS NS-2 to replace my Behringer cheapie noise gate. 
    Move on my wah, and get 2 midi expression pedals for wah and whammy effects. 

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    Drew_fx said:
    Gassage said:
    Yeah but he's a cunt.

Ummmm slightly narcissistic I would say...

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

I've recently downsized...in the past i have 12-13 pedal boards, i'd buy a bunch of pedals and they would be on my board constantly and for each song i would use a different dirt/fuzz pedal with certain artists in mind. Even on clean settings it was never the clean sound of my amp as it went through a bunch of pedals, again, trying to channel artists or songs that i really liked and influenced me.

Now...i've focused on what sound do i want to make thats distinct to me only. I almost want my own signature sound rather than copying or trying to copy someone else. The other factor is I want this sound to be consistent and not change all the time. BTW...all this thinking only came about with my latest amp which has the sweetest tone of any amp i have heard or played.

So, by board now, consists of Wah, 1 Distortion pedal, 1 OD pedals, 1 Phaser, 1 delay, and 1 reverb...and a tuner

My clean tones are either just the amp, or with some kind of echo and or phase...my dirty tone is the distortion pedal only and if i want a boost i kick in the OD pedal.

For the future...i want to keep my board this simple regardless, and if anything is going to change, for example i want a different dirt tone, then i put a new dirt pedal on, and take the old one off.

• simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
    edited December 2014
    A decent actual pedalboard rather than a piece of chipboard, maybe a reverb or trem
    A decent actual pedalboard rather than a piece of chipboard, maybe a reverb or trem
    @simonbeckwith

I have a flightcased one you can have that's roughly 30 x 14 - £50 + shipping at cost.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Midi connectors, patch cables, maybe power supplies but NO MORE F***ing pedals!!! :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mostly to play it out at gigs rather than rehearsals or at home. Our Police covers band - now called The Bill - is coming along very nicely, we should do some recording and get our website together in the new year.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Definitely going to pick up a decent-quality floor-mount acoustic preamp for my resonator. Beyond that, nothing I really NEED unless I start playing six-string with a band again; in which case I shall require a tremolo and a wah at the very least.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    EH C9
    Emanating Fist Dope Priest
    DAM Grease Box
    EQD Distaster Transport Snr
    EQD Hoof

Oh and there's lots more....
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Better pedalboard or at least just put what I've got together better.
    Possibly better expression pedal, my Roland is too physically lightweight for size 11 boots.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    impmann said:
    EH C9
    Emanating Fist Dope Priest
    DAM Grease Box
    EQD Distaster Transport Snr
    EQD Hoof

Oh and there's lots more....
    if you get the Dope Priest and you want to flip it...i'm calling dibs now!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    2015 is looking like a major clear out on the pedal front. Probably about 20 or so pedals will be leaving and hopefully I'll resist the urge to just replace then with a new ones that do the same thing but in a different coloured shiny enclosure!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6221
    tFB Trader
    2015 is the year i want to see my Thorpyfx branded pedals on every guitarists pedalboard :) 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry, just to amend my earlier post - a ThorpyFX pedal on my board!

The 20% off for members of TheFB will make them an absolute steal...
    ;)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom