Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Work Christmas Do's

What's Hot

Comments

• Adam_MD said:
    Can I work for you @TTony? :D
    I suspect you may have to marry him first.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    digitalscream;440812" said:
    Adam_MD said:

I suspect you may have to marry him first.

Can he cook???
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Adam_MD said:

Do you realise Tony runs a brothel?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• TTony said:
    Sounds pretty glum for a fair few.

I like to look after my staff properly, and Christmas gives me an opportunity to do that.  Obviously, I'll do things during the year too (extra days off, free meals, stuff like that), but my people seem to like the Christmas party so I do that too.

We'll book a decent hotel - somewhere with an excellent restaurant as well as a good bar and comfortable rooms.  That way, anyone who wants to stay over and not worry about driving home or booking taxis can stay over.  Free bar all evening/night/morning naturally!

Next day breakfast is paid for, and they'll usually get the day off too.

Of course, some people have child / dog / goldfish -care to get sorted out (if they want to stay over), so that's all paid for too.

Do I win "nice boss of the year" award??

(the company is just me & MrsTT, but the above is all still true).
    Yeah, can I work for you too?
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    My first works do was at a big Swiss bank. They took us to see Gary Glitter. :-o
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6271
    No. 14 years running my own business and I get involved in, nor inflict, any corporate shit.
  • 20 years ago a worked for a company that was rapidly growing and money was coming out of the managers ears. Everybody got on well and we were only 100 people. We had parties at the natural history museum and one year booked the QE2 for a night. Not been to one for years now
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Evilmags said:
    My first works do was at a big Swiss bank. They took us to see Gary Glitter. :-o
    so it was a trip to Thailand then??? nice..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    TTony said:

I like to look after my staff properly, and Christmas gives me an opportunity to do that.  Obviously, I'll do things during the year too (extra days off, free meals, stuff like that), but my people seem to like the Christmas party so I do that too.

We'll book a decent hotel - somewhere with an excellent restaurant as well as a good bar and comfortable rooms.  That way, anyone who wants to stay over and not worry about driving home or booking taxis can stay over.  Free bar all evening/night/morning naturally!

Of course, some people have child / dog / goldfish -care to get sorted out (if they want to stay over), so that's all paid for too.

Tbh... sounds a bit sleazy. Like you're just trying to get laid or something!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24878
    Paul_C said:
    this is when being self-employed and working from home alone becomes a slightly sad thing ;)
    This.

And I don't get invited to the missus' do as it's staff only.

Her's is on Friday so I'll just have to get a curry delivered.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Oxford pub crawl starts at 2pm today for the lads and me. Going for an Indian later too.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Mine was last night, I stayed an hour, drank my 5 free drinks then went off and met my mates. It was ok to be fair but couldn't have stayed any longer, they're giving us an early finish today which is nice.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    I use to work for a sorftware company in Heidelberg, Germany. The first few years they had the Christmas do in the King's Hall in Heidelberg Castle. Very swish.
  • pigface said:
    I use to work for a sorftware company in Heidelberg, Germany. The first few years they had the Christmas do in the King's Hall in Heidelberg Castle. Very swish.
    was the company scottish?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Strat_a_tat_tatStrat_a_tat_tat Frets: 2761
    edited December 2014
    TTony said:

Carlsberg don't make bosses... but if they did...

• pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    Phil_aka_Pip;442873" said:
    pigface said:

was the company scottish?
    Naw, they wurnae ... OK, they were a software company, really.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

They'd be a shit beer too?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:

They'd be a shit beer too?

Bit harsh...

... on Carlsberg.

:)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12514
    Still waiting for the one that was supposed to happen in 2009. We had a nasty little shit of a boss at the time, no one liked him, so nobody wanted to go on a Christmas jolly with him. We found out afterwards that he'd snaffled the £20 a head the company donated towards the do and kept it for himself.

I packed up work a while back and I don't miss the work do's at all. Much rather just go for a few beers with the people I actually liked.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited December 2014
    Well just back to the hotel from my works christmas do. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting... until I went outside and heard a girl screaming at a guy to get off her.
    Now one of my hands is twice the size of the other and I ripped my shirt pulling him off her. Thankfully some other people ran over to see what was going on because he was a lot bigger than me.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom