Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Work Christmas Do's

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Mine was last night, same thing as every year in that its easier to go than not attend and face questioning for the next 12 months about it.

Arrived half hour late, made a point of talking directly to the director so my attendance could be verified then home by 11.

Mission accomplished.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've avoided ours again this year. I live a long way away so the transport can be a nightmare. I used to love them when I was younger but my hangovers get so bad nowadays I've virtually given up drinking.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

It's ours tonight.

I shall report back as to how bad the hangover is tomorrow.

Probably afternoon.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Adam_MD;443509" said:
    Well just back to the hotel from my works christmas do. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting... until I went outside and heard a girl screaming at a guy to get off her.
    Now one of my hands is twice the size of the other and I ripped my shirt pulling him off her. Thankfully some other people ran over to see what was going on because he was a lot bigger than me.
    Well done for doing the right thing mate, you possibly stopped some woman having to live a nightmare for the rest of her days

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31963
    The trouble with Christmas parties at our place is I always get fat-titted teenagers crawling all over me. I'm a good boy these days and they know it, so I tend to get befriended by all the girls who are avoiding the more lecherous types. Everyone's Dad (sigh)

http://i62.tinypic.com/tmyf.jpg
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    p90fool;443591" said:
    The trouble with Christmas parties at our place is I always get fat-titted teenagers crawling all over me. I'm a good boy these days and they know it, so I tend to get befriended by all the girls who are avoiding the more lecherous types. Everyone's Dad (sigh)

http://i62.tinypic.com/tmyf.jpg
    Have sex with them to teach them a lesson :D

• pigface;442869" said:
    I use to work for a sorftware company in Heidelberg, Germany. The first few years they had the Christmas do in the King's Hall in Heidelberg Castle. Very swish.
    SAP by any chance?
  • There's such a panic on at our company that I'm just waiting for the "Christmas is cancelled" edict. However, I have during this year (as other years) put in extra time, and been available for yet more extra time if it were needed; indeed my software has been available for on-site testing for nearly 2 months, except that the site has not been ready to use it ... my crimbo hols are booked and my mum is expecting me, so come what may, I'm off to see my mum.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    p90fool said:

Apart from the Dad bit, that sounds a bit like me, I'm quite close friends with most of the girls at work, mostly because I'm not trying to unclothe them.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    pigface;442869" said:
    I use to work for a sorftware company in Heidelberg, Germany. The first few years they had the Christmas do in the King's Hall in Heidelberg Castle. Very swish.
    SAP by any chance?
    Close .. it was SAS.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7751
    Ours is great - a weekend in Paris. Starts at 10am on the Friday with beers in the office, head to the Eurostar terminal for optional champagne bar sharpener and to buy drink for the train - the carriage and a half of us have a big party on there, then hotel bar before restaurant and a nightspot.

Next day as you will - usually wander the streets for some fresh air, then Harry's Bar for the afternoon, followed by dinner and another late night drinking venue. Sunday is try and keep your breakfast down on the Eurostar home. 

If you stay for both nights you have to chip in about £60 from salary, and it can get pricey if you choose to linger all day in Harry's but a great event.
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom