12346»

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Could have been nervous.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    ICBM said:
    Van Halen carried on quite nicely without David Lee Roth.
    The clue as to why that was OK is in the name of the band ;).

Ask yourself… would Blondie continue without Debbie Harry?

If no, then Queen shouldn't continue without Freddie.

Van Halen carried on without David Lee Roth, because the name of the band was Van Halen. And Blondie couldn't carry on without Debbie Harry, who happened to be a bottle blonde. Not sure how............oh, wait, I'm starting to see the connection: Freddie was a big Queen!

So then, there's an important point for all those band members who get kicked out of bands and subsequently have arguments and court cases about the name: Make sure you get your name in the band's name. Sorted!

I mean, who's going to kick Robin Trower out of Robin Trower, Steve Miller out of the Steve Miller 
    Band, or Joe Bonamassa out of errr,,,,.Joe Bonamassa

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    I mean, who's going to kick Robin Trower out of Robin Trower, Steve Miller out of the Steve Miller 

...or the spice out of the girls ;)

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited January 2015
    ICBM said:
    The problem for me is not the campness, it's that Adam Lambert was just too X-Factor. He didn't bring anything extra to it - any replacement for Freddie needs to be a powerful, charismatic personality in their own right, otherwise it just ends up like karaoke.

I didn't like Queen With Paul Rodgers just because I didn't think his voice and persona suited the music. (I love Free though.)

I liked George Michael.

I would probably have liked Robbie Williams - really. I like Robbie anyway, and I would have loved to hear May and Taylor playing some of *his* songs too - there are plenty that would fit. I'm not sure he has the vocal range for some of the songs - but perhaps that doesn't matter that much.

To me Queen with any new singer is not Queen. So the only way forward is to make it "Queen Plus …" which means picking someone who isn't a Freddie substitute, but an equal (or at least near) who fits with the band - almost certain someone who is already a major established star.

In my opinion!
    Like that @ICBM.

I do think that the forthcoming shows will work with AL and the remaining members of Queen have a revived energy about them. May is certainly on top form and has a stronger, clearer live sound than he's had for a while. Also and as an aside, did we note that along with the Red Special, Brian May was using some other variations of it.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    Kebabkid said:
    note that along with the Red Special, Brian May was using some other variations of it.
    Those Brian May Guitars aren't going to shift themselves you know ! :)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Also and as an aside, did we note that along with the Red Special, Brian May was using some other variations of it.

Yup - he had one for drop D tuning (Greg Fryer made black one) for fat Bottomed Girls (could have used it for Tie Your Mother Down or White Man) 
    He also used an Andrew Guyton hollow arch top one with the F hole for Crazy Little Thing  except returned to the red special for the solo.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22837
    So then, there's an important point for all those band members who get kicked out of bands and subsequently have arguments and court cases about the name: Make sure you get your name in the band's name. Sorted!

That was Peter Green's big mistake.

One of 'em, anyway....

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I only saw the guy briefly but I thought, just me personal opinion, that his range was too high, his voice too weak and he was a gaylord ponce of the highest proportion and I mean that without derogatory reference to his or anyone else's sexuality.  I did feel soory for those poor sad bastards trapped in the Albert Hall though when I went out for a chuff on my fag.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited January 2015
    Sambostar said:
    I only saw the guy briefly but I thought, just me personal opinion, that his range was too high, his voice too weak and he was a gaylord ponce of the highest proportion and I mean that without derogatory reference to his or anyone else's sexuality.  I did feel soory for those poor sad bastards trapped in the Albert Hall though when I went out for a chuff on my fag.
    You can't call someone a "gaylord ponce" and not be derogatoy. You bigot.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2015
    No, I mean as in the sense of la la la, playing the kraut in the playground but then I won't die when I have been obviously shot.  It has nothing to do with your sexuality.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sambostar;464732" said:
    No, I mean as in the sense of la la la, playing the kraut in the playground but then I won't die when I have been obviously shot.  It has nothing to do with your sexuality.
    I love parading around like a gay lord ponce at the weekends and I am straight.
  • ICBM;464476" said:
    The problem for me is not the campness, it's that Adam Lambert was just too X-Factor. He didn't bring anything extra to it
    @ICBM, are you saying that he's missing The X-tra Factor?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    edited January 2015
    At least they're trying to use a real singer instead of just having Freddie projected onstage, or even worse, using an impersonator like that bloke from the Extravaganza thing. That would be terrible in every way.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Seems like it was something that came about naturally anyway, rather than looking for somebody and picking him.
    My V key is broken