Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I know it gets joked about a lot, but do you actually have to hide GAS purchases from the wife?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Ha!
    There was a window of opportunity...
    Dropped the mrs off at her brothers, popped to the vendors house a few doors down, and now an old martin coletti is "safely" hidden on my guitar rack.
    Thats how you do it!
    New coat.....,ffs

On another note, if she does find out, i'm dead....
    You two can't go on together with suspicious minds
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Drew_fx said:
    You guys saying I've not hidden anything but was vague about the cost. You're lying to yourselves ;)
    I wasn't lying to myself at all. I was perfectly aware of the cost, it was just the missus that didn't know.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I mentioned to the wife that I had a cheapy guitar en route (squier affinity, from the classifieds here), the only comment I got was about the number of them around the house now.

I reckon I can squeeze a few more in if I get 2 or 3 wall hangers up though, and she's happy for them to all be in the lounge so I think that's the way forward.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgo;469019" said:
    suspiciousminds said:

Ha!

There was a window of opportunity...

Dropped the mrs off at her brothers, popped to the vendors house a few doors down, and now an old martin coletti is "safely" hidden on my guitar rack.

Thats how you do it!

New coat.....,ffs

On another note, if she does find out, i'm dead....

You two can't go on together with suspicious minds
    Yeh, we're caught in a trap!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Being single is nice. Pity I can't afford any guitars at the moment!
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    Being single is nice. Pity I can't afford any guitars at the moment!

As anyone here will tell you, get the guitar and the girls will come flooding in...... It bullshit obviously but that's what we all thought.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    randomhandclaps;469306" said:

As anyone here will tell you, get the guitar and the girls will come flooding in.......
    Then once you get married said girl will question why you need so many.

Just to clarify, this didn't happen to me, my wife is very accommodating with my hobbies and my buying and selling habits.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    Gru said:
    randomhandclaps;469306" said:

As anyone here will tell you, get the guitar and the girls will come flooding in.......

Just to clarify, this didn't happen to me, my wife is very accommodating with my hobbies and my buying and selling habits.

And checking up on your forum posts? ;-) 
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    edited January 2015
    My girlfriend bought the flying v I'm building, she bought herself some nice leather boots this morning,I bought a set of pups and a couple bits for the build
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    TBH it's a space issue in our house, which I can appreciate as we all know guitars and amps take up chunks of rooms.

No 'money issues' about it, mortgage and bills get paid, kids get attended too, everyone gets fed, and I get pissed. No joint account, mine's mine, her's is her's, all is well. She earns a shit ton anyway so she ain't bothered what I spend mine on really. I do 'get wrong' if I don't use stuff tho and it's lying around.

(And I paid the car off in November  ;)  )
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Open policy in our house.  

All the bills etc are paid beforehand so it's never been a problem.

We are saving for wedding though so have both agreed to minimise purchases :)

• RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    My wife is far more interested in the time that music consumes, rather than the cost. She notices new guitars, and would be unhappy if I bought one without first mentioning it to her because that would be undermining the openness and trust between us.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    In my marriage I am the uptight one, the wife is the laidback one - nooooo durrrrrr!! - but yeah... I'm generally more high maintenance than she is. She'll happily not speak to me for a few days and just have her head buried in some of this:

She is a bit weird. I handed her one of my nose hairs earlier, which I pulled out, and she started smelling it. Very odd.
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 147
    I get things delivered to work because its easier, some of it is "hidden" there too as theres so much junk around the house. The missus does have a moan about any purchases, really in jest and to try to get me to tidy up. I tend to sneak things in to wind her up because when she does notice, I point out all the other stuff she hasn't. She doesnt get why guitar stuff costs what it does and I dont understand the cost of shoes, makeup and all that. I dont think either of us really care too much, all the important things like bills, rent are paid every month and we acknowlege that we can spend our own money on whatever we want.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I usually start by dropping vague little hints prior to the crime being committed. About lack of capacity in certain areas of the musical repertoire which may only be addressed by the acquisition of the correct equipment. This builds up until she's either resigned to the fact, or simply fed up with hearing about it.