Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Why do political and contentious topics remain in OT, but light-hearted or crass banter is moved?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I'm not taking any offense, Drew. Seriously, I'm not. Where'd I say you were abusing anyone? If I implied it, or you infered it, I'm sorry. 

When you're challenged in threads like these (and there are many) you target the challenger. It's your modus operandi. And its usually quite amusing - generally, your posts make me laugh and keep me engaged. You also use some great sweary combinations and I usually read your posts in the spirit I *think* you intend them. But that's not always clear - its a forum, its the internet and its often difficult to interpret what people's motivations are.

The thread about Jews didn't sit well with me. I'm being open about it, I posted about it in the thread and I'm being clear I flagged it.

That's all. 

But, just for clarity... I'm unaware of any other forum members who are placed on 2 weeks gardening leave or similar with a degree of regularity. They may exist and I might just not be aware. If that's the case, there's probably a reason for it Drew. Despite your protestations, I'm not offended, I didn't throw a hissy fit, I'm not accusing you of abusing me. Its the internet - I'm too old to be personally offended on a forum by people I don't really know. 

But you have a history of this type of behaviour. Just sayin'

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    Anyway, I'm off out. Catch up later.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited January 2015
    That's cool man. I've not made an issue of you flagging the thread, I merely asked why it was moved and *then* deleted. To be honest, I've not received a satisfactory answer to that. You're not in a position to answer it, so I don't expect you to.

As for the rest of your post... well it's really just one long ad hominem. Not really going to address it. I haven't really been challenged in this thread, and I haven't targeted anyone. I don't know why you'd even bring that up.

I will say this though - I make a thread about an observation I've made, and two of you have sought to make it about me and my conduct... It's an interesting tactic. TBH, I could've picked any two threads going back over the last two years. One's not started by me. The Jew thread was merely the most recent and most fresh in my memory.

It's like.. you say "this type of behaviour" but in that and this thread, I did not exhibit any of "that" behaviour. At all. So... I think you're playing a game of misdirection here, whether you're aware of it or not.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Chuffola said:
    Possibly, but there are definitely "trigger" words that probably contribute to that and I think you may have hit on one - just like you thought it would.

I rarely flag any posts - that one got under my skin and must have done the same with a fair number of others if it hit the flag limit (whatever that is).

Also, I wouldn't consider myself as offering "nothing to the community other than condemnation of its members". 

Not sure where that came from @Drew_fx, or who it's aimed at. If it's me then I'd love to know what I've done. If not, it seems a little self obsessed to me.

But, hey - call me a cunt and we can move on.

Cunt.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Even my "a-sexuals" thread got moved.

Why? There was no cause for it. What... the word "sexual" is not allowed either? Maybe the modmin team and the bedwetters could make a list of words not to be used?

At last we can move on.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Drew_fx said:
    Even my "a-sexuals" thread got moved.

Why? There was no cause for it. What... the word "sexual" is not allowed either? Maybe the modmin team and the bedwetters could make a list of words not to be used?
    No. It was the 'a' bit. One just never knows where one of those will lead to.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Chuffola said:

Cunt.
    Ha ha! I knew if I waited long enough....   :))
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:

As for the rest of your post... well it's really just one long ad hominem. Not really going to address it. I haven't really been challenged in this thread, and I haven't targeted anyone. I don't know why you'd even bring that up.

I'd argue you have been challenged. And I'd also argue that the entire thread has developed, really, to one about you targetting effectively the entire forum to see who took the bait in your original thread - the one that was moved and then deleted.

But I reckon we won't agree on that.

It's like.. you say "this type of behaviour" but in that and this thread, I did not exhibit any of "that" behaviour. At all. So... I think you're playing a game of misdirection here, whether you're aware of it or not.
    Ah, so it's me?  Not you?  

I'm fully aware of my position and why I'm posting here - and its not misdirection. In fact, in a fairly long thread about you when you'd been placed on "holiday" for a couple of weeks I think I commented that I thought you were mainly interesting and entertaining and challenging and talented- although also a contrary fucker who seems to delight in pushing boundaries to get a reaction. Or words to that effect. I still think that's the case. I also would be willing to bet that you cause the mods more headaches than almost anyone else. 

I could summarise this whole thread as "Look at me (again). I posted a deliberately provocative thread (by my own admission) and now that its been deleted, I want to raise it again. Me! Me me me me me!"  :P

You'd say, I think, that you genuinely want to know why it (or similar threads) was moved then deleted. 

Bottom line, you are troublesome chap who makes me laugh more than makes me annoyed. There we are - that's it.

I've said my piece.

And I have no idea what an ad hominem is. But I will definitely use it in future comebacks of my own. Sounds good.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • Chuffola said:

And I have no idea what an ad hominem is.

It's the name of a gay, white rapper.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Chuffola said:
    Chuffola said:

Cunt.
    Ha ha! I knew if I waited long enough....   :))

I can't believe no-one had got in before me!

:D

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    holnrew said:
    Why is "Jews" offensive anyway? It's how it's said in the bible.
    There is some pretty offensive stuff in the Bible, but I agree that 'Jews' isn't offensive

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    tbh Off Topic is getting more like SC. It's cool, I think people should be free to discuss whatever they like, but it's the main reason I don't visit this site as often as I used too, as I used to mainly read it at work, and basically Off Topic isn't suitable for reading at work.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4589
    Cunt. . dammit
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    tae be or not tae be
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24415
    Chuffola said:
    I could summarise this whole thread as "Look at me (again). I posted a deliberately provocative thread (by my own admission) and now that its been deleted, I want to raise it again. Me! Me me me me me!"  :P

I think your post has broken the record for the most 'Wisdom' frets ever received.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    Emp_Fab said:
    Chuffola said:

I think your post has broken the record for the most 'Wisdom' frets ever received.
    mmmmmmmm yummy sycophancy... 

Amazing how no-one has even bothered to read my replies. If you had, you'd see that Chuff is talking...well.. a load of old chuff!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Emp_Fab said: I think your post has broken the record for the most 'Wisdom' frets ever received
    O ho! :))
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom