Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

move to cornwall..

What's Hot

Comments

• If you're going to play 'the beer card', Mr Monquixote... I'll never get to leave the Home Counties! Not sure I could countenance living anywhere that didn't have Fullers' ESB on tap within a reasonable drive (for my wife - the designated driver).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    If you're going to play 'the beer card', Mr Monquixote... I'll never get to leave the Home Counties! Not sure I could countenance living anywhere that didn't have Fullers' ESB on tap within a reasonable drive (for my wife - the designated driver).
    We also have Adnams and Aspall Cyder which makes us the best :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're going to play 'the beer card', Mr Monquixote... I'll never get to leave the Home Counties! Not sure I could countenance living anywhere that didn't have Fullers' ESB on tap within a reasonable drive (for my wife - the designated driver).
    There speaks a man that simply has not invested sufficient time supping copious quantities of Fullers' ESB.
    ;)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7822
    we've got Special Brew in Northampton, so there.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:
    we've got Special Brew in Northampton, so there.

Classy!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    West Wales is pretty nice. There are ports/docks and a gas refinery so there are jobs and whatnot.
    My V key is broken
  • Thinking of just this. Live in London fortunately with a lot of equity. So looking to move to Devon and maybe relax a little career wise. Although have to wait till daughter finishes A levels.
  • Thinking of just this. Live in London fortunately with a lot of equity. So looking to move to Devon and maybe relax a little career wise. Although have to wait till daughter finishes A levels.

Anywhere in mind? 

The AxeMeisters of Axminster has a nice ring to it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Eventually we're moving to Japan. Not 100% sure when like, but it will happen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:

Pretty sure you won't get Fullers', Adnams or Greene King there.

Be sure to take ample supplies of Ginger Nuts.

;)
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    If you're going to play 'the beer card', Mr Monquixote... I'll never get to leave the Home Counties! Not sure I could countenance living anywhere that didn't have Fullers' ESB on tap within a reasonable drive (for my wife - the designated driver).
    There speaks a man that simply has not invested sufficient time supping copious quantities of Fullers' ESB.
    ;)
    Not so. 

I used to live near Chiswick and I've done the Fullers tour :p

ESP is very nice, but Broadside is better.
    Drew_fx said:

Pretty sure you won't get Fullers', Adnams or Greene King there.

Be sure to take ample supplies of Ginger Nuts.

;)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d9/Japanese_Craft_Beer_1.jpg

:)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    The problem with Cornwall is that its full of Londoners who have moved there to get away from Londoners.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • There speaks a man that simply has not invested sufficient time supping copious quantities of Fullers' ESB.
    ;)
    Not so. 

... and yet it seems you still have much more ESB drinking practice to do before you reach enlightenment (or en-heaviment, in my case)
  • Drew...

Cans don't count... and bottles are a last resort - only to be used in the absence of draught ie In Emergency Break Glass.

Where's the draught?

tFB Trader
    ;)
    Not so. 

... and yet it seems you still have much more ESB drinking practice to do before you reach enlightenment (or en-heaviment, in my case)
    I see you still have no answer to the Branston Pickle :)
    OH NOES! A MAN FIGHT!
  • Strat_a_tat_tat;477257" said:
    Axe_meister said:

Thinking of just this. Live in London fortunately with a lot of equity. So looking to move to Devon and maybe relax a little career wise. Although have to wait till daughter finishes A levels.

Anywhere in mind?  The AxeMeisters of Axminster has a nice ring to it.
    Well I was born in Exeter. My name is Fenton so Feniton would be the obvious choose. Found a house online today, straight out of the Adams family near dartmore with 3 acres of land which would make me mortgage free. Alas I've got two years to go before I can consider moving.
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    OH NOES! A MAN FIGHT!
    We could fight in a bath of Branston Pickle. 

It would be officially the least erotic thing that's ever happened.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We could fight in a bath of Branston Pickle. 

It would be officially the least erotic thing that's ever happened.

Also... I should warn you that - after my several decades working as an undercover taster for Fullers - it's going to take a lot of Branston. Ahead of the sticky wrestling match, you might consider buying shares in Branston's manufacturers.

Hold the front page... I see that Branston used to made in Burton upon Trent... and only moved to Suffolk 10 years ago (so - hardly a Suffolk success story!)... and now - shock horror - Branston is owned by a Japanese company... so maybe Branston is now Drew's trump card in the location wars!