Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Why do people hate dreadlocks on white guys so much?

What's Hot

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited February 2015

Dreadlocks are as disgusting as '60's beehive hair do's.  Full of beetle larvae and bed bugs.  My hair goes into dreads after a few days.  You need lots of knotty fine hair with a  slight curl.  I hate not being able to brush it.  It a strange way I'm looking forward to going bald too because it's a damn sight more hygienic.

I suppose if you are a twat with Saxon thick straight hair and want dreads for anything, you are entitled, it doesn't stop you being a twat though.

@IanSavage I wasn't inferring you were a twat BTW, just it pisses me off these people with lifeless straight hair that want for dreads when the rest of us with naturally self dreading hair would die for a lush crop of Nikki Sixx's barnet.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's because chappers has dredlocks. 
    edited February 2015
    Clarky said:
    maybe everyone used to have dreads until the discovery of comb technology

I like to think I would have fashioned a comb out of yew with a flint.  Curly hair combs have pretty wide teeth and all.  However, Neolithic times probably were where the bald gene originated, as pragmatic females viewed their balder male mates as offering a lice free life for their offspring.

Where as in hot countries, baldness was not an option due to sunstroke, hence why we have the gene pool we have today of white pasty fucks like me with receding hair and dark haired Adonis's that never even develop a mature hairline.

• d8md8m Frets: 2434

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    edited February 2015
    One of the guitarists in Mandroid Echostar had dreadlocks. I thought that he looked real cool with them, but he's cut them off now and looks pretty average.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2176
    I used to work with a guy who spent £100 every few months getting his hair dreaded. I think for me it's the lack of washing your hair to be honest. I'm not to fond of that!

Maybe some people associate dreadlocks with a certain life style? And then judge by preconceptions? Like a guy covered in tattoos?
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I generally don't like long hair on men either, purely from an aesthetic point of view. Very few guys pull it off, especially after the age of 30.
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    I generally don't like long hair on men either, purely from an aesthetic point of view. Very few guys pull it off, especially after the age of 30.

You don't really see as many men with long hair around these days do you though? Having said that I know two guys in work with long hair, one is in his 20s and the other is in his 40s. The guy in his 40s, remarkably, doesn't have a grey hair on his head. He might dye it or he has good genes. His hair is also shiny and in great condition and looks very manageable. The guy in his 20s has awful hair, really badly in need of a good wash and probably some conditioner. You can see where the hair touches his faces and causes outbreaks of spots.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I washed my hair in the shower at least once a week when I had dreads, just needed residue free shampoo.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16044
    Deijavoo said:
    I had dreads for years, now I'm bald so obviously look quite different.

In my time in sales one lady (I use that term "lady" very loosely) went to be served by my colleague as I "looked like one of those fucking nig nogs".

Since taking them off and showing new found colleagues pictures of when I had them I have twice in the last year had the exact same response of "there's nothing worse than a white man with dreadlocks".

Both of these examples make me wonder if I really was the strange one as they had all insinuated. 
    full dread/dreadfull
    tae be or not tae be
  •  His hair is also shiny and in great condition and looks very manageable. 
    That's 'cause he uses Head and Shoulders :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It looks daft as far as I'm concerned...
  • Dreads are cool. Fact. Wish I has given them a try before I cut my hair
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited February 2015
    gingers have red locks....

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4065
    Sambostar said:
    Neolithic...pragmatic females viewed their balder male mates as offering a lice free life for their offspring.
    Okay, it's an unconventional approach but maybe I should try chat up lines pointing out that I'm reasonably lice-free despite the hair.  It really couldn't make things worse than they already are.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Bald guys got 87% of a vote of who is sexier in Metro recently.  Although they always say around 83% or 87% of whatever choice I don't click on.

You know what really worries me about going bald, which I am intermediately is that the same article said being bald draws attention to the positive assets like teeth, eyes and face. 

So I am basically fooked then.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24613
    Our drummer has dreads - but it's only because his hair is patchy since he got blown up at the steelworks and suffered serious burns.

His old steelworker mates call him 'Burnt Reynolds' =))
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    Mike Campbell and Stonevibe look sick with locks :)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    VimFuego said:
    I'd quite like dreads. Is there a name for where you are balding but also have dreads? 

Predator?

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15768
    /\ /\ now that's a look I could carry off. I'm not that good looking mind, but mebbe with a bit of work I could get close.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.