Friday humour

What's Hot

Comments

• 2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• 2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6813

Each to his own but I don't find this funny.  Maybe its just me?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom

• WTF? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7727
    You’re going to have to explain that one to us, @Winny_Pooh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Chalky said:

Whilst it isn't my kind of humour at all, at least we can celebrate the fact that we can joke about pretty much anything in this country. Whether we should or not is a different argument entirely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Chalky said:

Whilst it isn't my kind of humour at all, at least we can celebrate the fact that we can joke about pretty much anything in this country. Whether we should or not is a different argument entirely.
    But what is the ‘joke’ here?  Taliban? Morocco? Please explain if you’re seeing something I’m not. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:

But what is the ‘joke’ here?  Taliban? Morocco? Please explain if you’re seeing something I’m not. 

Well she’s been stoned to death hasn’t she? You won’t see her cos she’s under all the rocks.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7727
    DefaultM said:

Well she’s been stoned to death hasn’t she? You won’t see her cos she’s under all the rocks.
    Really?  That’s it?

Oh.
  • DefaultM said:
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:

I was hoping it wasn't that. Each to their own but I wouldn't see that and think it worth reposting anywhere. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1791
    Articulate objections as opposed to expressing feelings.. 

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25596
    +1 to that.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    I see jokes like that as being designed to make you go “shit that does happen doesn’t it? That’s bad” 
    rather than “hahaha she’s dead”. I think he posted it because of the former.
  • As I said, each to their own. I think there's far more skill and craft in creating and delivering comedy that doesn't really on shock/'edgy' content. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25596
    I think anyone that thinks the latter needs help.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1791
    As I said, each to their own. I think there's far more skill and craft in creating and delivering comedy that doesn't really on shock/'edgy' content. 
    I think most social media savvy muslim women in UK would find it funny or at least not be offended.  
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30208
    swiller said:
    Articulate objections as opposed to expressing feelings.. 

An articulate objection wouldn't have a spelling mistake. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6938
    swiller said:
    As I said, each to their own. I think there's far more skill and craft in creating and delivering comedy that doesn't really on shock/'edgy' content. 
    I think most social media savvy muslim women in UK would find it funny or at least not be offended.  
    How many social media savvy Muslim women do you know well enough to have that conversation? Are you speaking from a place of knowledge and experience?  Just curious and not accusing. 
  • 545454545454 Frets: 185
    I understand the distinction between subject / target of a joke, but it my (albeit limited, personal) experience, not everyone sharing "edgy" jokes is ridiculing outdated attitudes. 
    I love my brother, but he posts borderline racist / sexist / homophobic memes just because he thinks they are funny. I'm confident that looking at this example he wouldn't be thinking "God it's terrible how women are treated in some parts of the world". It really makes me feel horribly uncomfortable, but it seems to be acceptable in his social media circles. 
    Similarly a colleague shared that recent one "Mummy, I think I'm a boy", "Well, you're not" - not because he was mocking 1950s attitudes, he just thinks trans issues are "a load of cobblers". I reckon a lot of people just don't see the deeper meaning of these jokes - the fact that is has to be explained says a lot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30208
    I think there can also be a bit of laziness in accusing people of being "offended", when they're actually rolling their eyes at a crap unfunny not-a-joke.

The word seems to be used often in order to dismiss criticism by pretending it's an irrational, over-emotional reaction.

Its entirely possible to think that a joke is shit (on any number of levels) without being offended by it, and the throwing accusations of "everyone's too easily offended" around helps no-one.

I saw Gervais once (he was a support act), he trotted out a variety of edgy clichés. I wasn't offended, I just didn't find him at all funny - it was all miss-timed and some of it fluffed. Another time I saw Matt Lucas, who was much ruder but much funnier.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom